Jon Bostic, LB, Florida, selected at #50

adam

I really wanted Arthur Brown...at least they got the positions right. G and LB were both major needs.

They dont pick players we like or (football experts) like, they pick the players how they rate them. I hope there smarter than everybody else, and will see how all of this turns out.

National Football Post:

The Bears fill their need at MLB with Bostic, who was a highly productive player at Florida. Not a great athlete, Bostic is definitely a reach -- the second reach for Chicago in this draft. Bostic is a strong and physical player who attacks and makes big hits, but he is not a top athlete.

Guest TerraTor
I really wanted Arthur Brown...at least they got the positions right. G and LB were both major needs.

Me too, but don't dislike it at all. Bostic will be around a long time. Thank God, and Ditka!

I thought it would be Brown too, but the Bears did plenty of homework on Brown and apparently liked Bostic better, probably because he's a better potential fit at MLB, is a bit faster, and has fewer durability concerns. I like the depth at CB and WR more than at LB, so I'm OK with this pick.

Guest TerraTor
I thought it would be Brown too, but the Bears did plenty of homework on Brown and apparently liked Bostic better, probably because he's a better potential fit at MLB, is a bit faster, and has fewer durability concerns. I like the depth at CB and WR more than at LB, so I'm OK with this pick.

I had no idea Bostic was that quick until earlier this morning when i posted the video...