Overview of Draft picks

Guest TerraTor

Guest TerraTor

20: Kyle Long

After looking at the board 21-49, there were no OT or OG that were rated higher than him. Only guy close was Warford. I don't buy he was the Target at 20, I think they couldn't find a viable trade buddy. Probably cuz Dolphins established that the draft value chart was to be ignored this year. I was hoping wed trade down, but whatever, or take Sharrif. One thing you cant argue is his bloodline. Chris Long took a while, but now hes great, so hey. Good luck to him.

50: Jon Bostic

I like Bostic alot, however I was gonna lose my mind when my childhood hero Neal anderson announced the Bears drafted Arthur Brown. A ton of LBs went before Brown obviously. Many of which were way way too high. I think we took Bostic cuz he had more experience at MLB, and i never knew it, is even more athletic. I wont be surprised (or unhappy) if he beats out anderson or williams. I have said this a million times, but under Lovie, not one LB he drafted is still on the team (starter, that is) thats downright pathetic. Could probably say the same for CB.

ps. Really sick of emery saying Special Teams value

------------------------------------

Pick 117 is gonna be a CB, QB(if any of the big names are there) or C. I also love Kenny Stills, y i cant tell ya cuz i dont know.

Guys to keep an eye on for Round 4

CB - Sanders Commins, Tharold Simon, BW Webb, J Pryor

QB - Barkley. Nassib, Scott

C - Sweinke, Jones

Others for 4 and beyond---

Jesse Williams, alex Okafor, Nico Johnson, Dion Sims, Joe Fauria(love this dude), Khaseem Greene,

20: Kyle Long

After looking at the board 21-49, there were no OT or OG that were rated higher than him. Only guy close was Warford. I don't buy he was the Target at 20, I think they couldn't find a viable trade buddy. Probably cuz Dolphins established that the draft value chart was to be ignored this year. I was hoping wed trade down, but whatever, or take Sharrif. One thing you cant argue is his bloodline. Chris Long took a while, but now hes great, so hey. Good luck to him.

50: Jon Bostic

I like Bostic alot, however I was gonna lose my mind when my childhood hero Neal anderson announced the Bears drafted Arthur Brown. A ton of LBs went before Brown obviously. Many of which were way way too high. I think we took Bostic cuz he had more experience at MLB, and i never knew it, is even more athletic. I wont be surprised (or unhappy) if he beats out anderson or williams. I have said this a million times, but under Lovie, not one LB he drafted is still on the team (starter, that is) thats downright pathetic. Could probably say the same for CB.

ps. Really sick of emery saying Special Teams value

------------------------------------

Pick 117 is gonna be a CB, QB(if any of the big names are there) or C. I also love Kenny Stills, y i cant tell ya cuz i dont know.

Guys to keep an eye on for Round 4

CB - Sanders Commins, Tharold Simon, BW Webb, J Pryor

QB - Barkley. Nassib, Scott

C - Sweinke, Jones

Others for 4 and beyond---

Jesse Williams, alex Okafor, Nico Johnson, Dion Sims, Joe Fauria(love this dude), Khaseem Greene,

Long was going to go in the 20's. Aftter hearing Howie's interview, he said several teams talked to him in that range, and he was expecting him to go by 28. Also, he had slowly risen since the Senior Bowl and combine. With Pugh coming off at 19, there was no way he would even make it to 40.

For Bostic, I was not tracking him this high and was surprised to see him taken over Brown, but looking around, some had him rated higher than Teo, so this may be a good value pick.

Yeah I hate the Special Teams comments too. You should never mention ST and a 1st or 2nd rounder as a reason for drafting them.

I would take Schwenke, Jones, Webb, Poyer, Green, Williams, Patton, Rogers, or Swope in the 5th. One of those guys should be there at 117.

Long was going to go in the 20's. Aftter hearing Howie's interview, he said several teams talked to him in that range, and he was expecting him to go by 28. Also, he had slowly risen since the Senior Bowl and combine. With Pugh coming off at 19, there was no way he would even make it to 40.

For Bostic, I was not tracking him this high and was surprised to see him taken over Brown, but looking around, some had him rated higher than Teo, so this may be a good value pick.

Yeah I hate the Special Teams comments too. You should never mention ST and a 1st or 2nd rounder as a reason for drafting them.

I would take Schwenke, Jones, Webb, Poyer, Green, Williams, Patton, Rogers, or Swope in the 5th. One of those guys should be there at 117.

I think our picks were not good values at where we took them, but that is who they wanted so give them cudos for having the balls to take them early. What we know is they are athletic, so maybe that gives us a clue on the next few picks. Long is high reward, high risk, I think he is a player Kromer can turn into pro browl type player.(just look at his history) so nothing more to say about that. Bostic is who they had as there highest rated MLB so we have to live with that. The more I read the more I like. He is athletic, a leader on the field, and can play any position. He has to get stronger at point of attack, but you could all the prospects do. I would have chose some different names, but I can do that in our GM draft after this is over. They are going after high reward players, so some names on the board for 4th. They are addressing needs, so it will be CB,DT, or maybe backup QB. If Barkley is there, I see us taking him, otherwise names I have seen are:Barkley, Scott, Dysart-QBs,

Ployer,Webb,Hawthorne,McGee-CBs,

J.Williams,Spence,Boyd,Gathers-DTs,

Patton,De Rick Rodgers,Swope,Stills,Hamilton,Johnson,Harper,Boyce,Sanders,Robinson,Vernon-WRs,

Sims,Kassa,Otten,Graggs,Toilioio,Stoneburner-TEs

Schewnke,Jones,Barnes,Madson,Quessenberry,Fragel-OL

There are still some good names out there, we will see who they like.

A lot of posters on the forum are still saying "we should have traded back to pick up K Long, we chose him too high, bad value..."

From what I have heard and read, his father, Howie, who would not reveal the teams he had contact with, said his son would have been gone before the 2nd round started, indicating several teams were interested in selecting his son between picks 20 & 29 in the first round.

I am also reading many had him rated the #3 OG prospect.

Yes, he has limited experience as a starter. However, there was a defensive end, cannot remember his name, who was drafted much higher in the first round, who had only played football for 1 year and only started 3 games.

I like the pick.

A lot of posters on the forum are still saying "we should have traded back to pick up K Long, we chose him too high, bad value..."

From what I have heard and read, his father, Howie, who would not reveal the teams he had contact with, said his son would have been gone before the 2nd round started, indicating several teams were interested in selecting his son between picks 20 & 29 in the first round.

I am also reading many had him rated the #3 OG prospect.

Yes, he has limited experience as a starter. However, there was a defensive end, cannot remember his name, who was drafted much higher in the first round, who had only played football for 1 year and only started 3 games.

I like the pick.

Ziggy Ansah is who I believe you're talking about...Looking at all the videos Long has on youtube I can believe that some think he's the #3 OG and worth a 1st round pick. Dudes nasty. I like what I heard him say at the combine, something about him bringing the tenacity of a DL (which he previously played) to the OL. The more I read about and watch him the more I like him.