211 (7th)

245 (7th)

CHI

Kyle Long, OG

Jon Bostic, LB

117 (4th)

153 (5th)

188 (6th)

Hard to say we are not in last and all the other teams improved more than us at this point. All their picks filled a need and will contribute immediately. After a couple of trades, GB still has 9 picks left, DET and MIN both have 5, and we have 3. Looking at what the Rams and Cowboys to at 18 and 22, hard to argue with what they got (18 for 31 and 74; 22 for 30, 92, and 198).

Looking at what GB did makes me sick, they took 55 and traded it for 61 and 173, drafted Lacy at 61, then traded back again at 88 for 93 and 216, then took 93 that they just got and turned that into 109, 146, and 232. So 55 and 88 gave them Lacy, 109, 146, 173, 216, and 232. I can see them taking a bunch of those and moving up or trading for next year's pick (where you normally get a one round premium).

Teams can always strike gold in later rounds but realistically players selected round 3 and later are hard pressed to give you immediate production and on good teams many of these players wind up on practice squads or are relegated as deep backups and special teams players.

I am not concerned that a team has a load of late picks.

Minnesota did well with 3 1st rounders, giving up a boat load of picks for the 3rd pick of a WR.

Time will tell if it is enough to make them "elite". I still do not think they are anywhere as good as their record last year would seem to indicate.

GB

Datone Jones, LB

Eddie Lacy, RB

109 (4th)

122 (4th)

146 (5th)

159 (5th)

167 (5th)

173 (6th)

193 (6th)

216 (7th)

232 (7th)

MIN

Sharrif Floyd, DT

Xavier Rhodes, CB

Cordarrelle Patterson, WR

120 (4th)

155 (5th)

189 (6th)

213 (7th)

214 (7th)

DET

Ezekiel Ansah, DE

Darius Slay, CB

Larry Warford, G

132 (4th)

137 (5th)

171 (6th)

211 (7th)

245 (7th)

CHI

Kyle Long, OG

Jon Bostic, LB

117 (4th)

153 (5th)

188 (6th)

Hard to say we are not in last and all the other teams improved more than us at this point. All their picks filled a need and will contribute immediately. After a couple of trades, GB still has 9 picks left, DET and MIN both have 5, and we have 3. Looking at what the Rams and Cowboys to at 18 and 22, hard to argue with what they got (18 for 31 and 74; 22 for 30, 92, and 198).

Looking at what GB did makes me sick, they took 55 and traded it for 61 and 173, drafted Lacy at 61, then traded back again at 88 for 93 and 216, then took 93 that they just got and turned that into 109, 146, and 232. So 55 and 88 gave them Lacy, 109, 146, 173, 216, and 232. I can see them taking a bunch of those and moving up or trading for next year's pick (where you normally get a one round premium).

the only thing we know for sure, GB seems to always draft well, so hopefully we get in the picture and do a better job.

From a value standpoint the Bears came out the worst. The Long pick was a reach and Bostic could be viewed as a little bit of a reach as well. It remains to be seen how they will turn out as players, but the Bears did not get great value out of their draft picks so far.

The Vikings got tremendous value out of their picks. Floyd, Rhodes, Patterson? That's a nice 1st day.

The Packers got Lacy at the tail end of the 2nd round. Many thought he was the consensus #1 RB in the draft. Bill Polian had him in the top 10 of his Big board. I'm not an advocate of taking RB's high, Adrian Peterson notwithstanding, so the fact that they were able to get Lacy in the 2nd was great value.

The Lions got good value out of Warford in the 3rd.

From a value standpoint the Bears came out the worst. The Long pick was a reach and Bostic could be viewed as a little bit of a reach as well. It remains to be seen how they will turn out as players, but the Bears did not get great value out of their draft picks so far.

The Vikings got tremendous value out of their picks. Floyd, Rhodes, Patterson? That's a nice 1st day.

The Packers got Lacy at the tail end of the 2nd round. Many thought he was the consensus #1 RB in the draft. Bill Polian had him in the top 10 of his Big board. I'm not an advocate of taking RB's high, Adrian Peterson notwithstanding, so the fact that they were able to get Lacy in the 2nd was great value.

Just comparing the other 3 teams to us, none of them really reached, and all seemed to fill an immediate need. Almost all of DET or MIN's picks could be on the Bears and no one would be complaining at where they were picked. I really hope Long turns out to be a perennial Pro-Bowler and locks down one slot on our line for the next 10 years.

Just comparing the other 3 teams to us, none of them really reached, and all seemed to fill an immediate need. Almost all of DET or MIN's picks could be on the Bears and no one would be complaining at where they were picked. I really hope Long turns out to be a perennial Pro-Bowler and locks down one slot on our line for the next 10 years.

If Emery's drafts arent productive(to early to tell) then we all will turn in to TerrT

Your right on, Emery is playing poker, and I hope he wins.