NON-TEBOW TOPIC ALERT!!!

madlithuanian

An amusing video interview that shows that he knows how he's perceived, and seems to not mind...and comes off quite well.

http://kissingsuzykolber.uproxx.com/2013/0...reee-story.html

I like jay personally because he's 1 athlete who doesn't give a damn about u and me and he actually says it. Unlike most athletes who don't care but try to full us into thinking that they do

I like jay personally because he's 1 athlete who doesn't give a damn about u and me and he actually says it. Unlike most athletes who don't care but try to full us into thinking that they do

Didn't Urlacher say something like that and get flamed for it?

But I do agree, I appreciate his (Cutler's) type of personality. I'm more concerned with how he performs on the field, not off. As long as the latter doesn't effect the former I'm good with it.

Didn't Urlacher say something like that and get flamed for it?

But I do agree, I appreciate his (Cutler's) type of personality. I'm more concerned with how he performs on the field, not off. As long as the latter doesn't effect the former I'm good with it.

Always did appreciate URL off the field as well. Loved how he shielded His daughters from all media. He would know his BaD they get

He called in to the waddle and silvy podcast and it was an entertaining interview. He said his choice to have the cig in his mouth wasn't due to the "smokin jay cutler" site but when it was brought up he thought it was funny. I like Jay, yeah he can seem like a prick sometimes but his personality definitely grows on you and you see it in interviews when he's able to joke around. I always enjoy the banter between him and Waddle those two could do a comedy act together. On the field he's one tough SOB as many hits as he's taken in his time here in Chicago, he just keep getting back up and going again. He has a passion for winning and success, that's why sometimes his frustration is misread blown out of proportion. He wants to win and here's hoping that our revamped o-line can keep him upright and give him a chance to shine and give this team a chance to make a serious run at titles.

I've always liked Jay.

As a 25 year old who had to live through some awful bears teams Jay Cutler is easily one of my favorite athletes of my lifetime. I love his attitude and it's very similar to mine. HE's got that oh well we'll get him next time type attitude you need. I wish I was around for the "Punky QB" McMahon era just to see what made him the punky QB, I feel as though I'd be a big fan of his.

You'd have loved Jimmy Mac...still my personal favorite of all-time. Personality-wise... He played when I was most impressionable around 13-16 years old...

Love Cutler for similar reasons.

I've always liked Jay.

As a 25 year old who had to live through some awful bears teams Jay Cutler is easily one of my favorite athletes of my lifetime. I love his attitude and it's very similar to mine. HE's got that oh well we'll get him next time type attitude you need. I wish I was around for the "Punky QB" McMahon era just to see what made him the punky QB, I feel as though I'd be a big fan of his.

You'd have loved Jimmy Mac...still my personal favorite of all-time. Personality-wise... He played when I was most impressionable around 13-16 years old...

Love Cutler for similar reasons.

Jay needs to wear a "Goodell" headband.

I've always liked Jay.

Holy heck! You're not old enough to remember the 85 season? Wow I feel so much older now. Based on what Ive seen you post here, you would have liked him as a player. He's very similar to Cutler. Although Cutler hasn't mooned a news helicopter yet.

I was starting to get annoyed by all the Honey Bear pictures. Instead I'm sorta glad there is someone here who actually remembers who they were.

Ha! I may need to figure out how to make the picture smaller. Since I'm old, I'm not that tech savvy!

Holy heck! You're not old enough to remember the 85 season? Wow I feel so much older now. Based on what Ive seen you post here, you would have liked him as a player. He's very similar to Cutler. Although Cutler hasn't mooned a news helicopter yet.

I was starting to get annoyed by all the Honey Bear pictures. Instead I'm sorta glad there is someone here who actually remembers who they were.

Lol not only am I not old enough to remember them, I wasn't even born yet!! I was born in 87. But my pops did have the Super Bowl Shuffle on VHS and that is what sprung my love for the Bears.

Ha! I may need to figure out how to make the picture smaller. Since I'm old, I'm not that tech savvy!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/def...zps62fa276d.jpg

This may work for you sir.

I'm curious, at age 25, am I the youngest poster here?

Odd, MadLith and are of kindred age. I too am 43 (if I recall correctly).

Seeing Lemonej post about his being able to watch Sayers and Butkus reminds me of a time my Grandfather asked us if we wanted to go watch the Bulls play. I was pretty young at the time. Anyhow, he said they have this new kid "Gordon or Jordan or something rather that is supposed to be pretty good.". Man was he wrong. LOL

Anyhow a few photos that take me back to the 'good ol' days'.

tumblr_mhnnql12d91qznj8ho1_500.jpg JazzHands.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, and without the help of Google I might add, I believe I can name all the players in this pic (on the right). Starting from the top left and working clockwise: FS Gary Fencik, DT/RB William "Refrigerator" Perry, DE Richard "Sackman" Dent, LB Otis Wilson, Backup QB Steve Fuller, LB "Samurai" Mike Singletary, QB Jim McMahon, SWEETNESS (need not say more), WR Willie Gault and CB Reggie Phillips (I think).

As a fan of the team since the mid 60's see someone post that they don't remember the 85 Bears, Jimmy Mack or the Honey Bears makes me feel real old having cut my teeth watching Sayers and Butkus.

How about Ed O, Richie Pettibone, Willie Galimore and Billy Wade. My neighbor here in Chile went to school with Rick Caseares in Ill! I'm 60 and began in 1962 as an NFL/Bears fan. Then Sayers and Butkus made it no. 1!

How about Ed O, Richie Pettibone, Willie Galimore and Billy Wade. My neighbor here in Chile went to school with Rick Caseares in Ill! I'm 60 and began in 1962 as an NFL/Bears fan. Then Sayers and Butkus made it no. 1!

I can't say that I would know most of those guys from anyone else. You are truly a battle scarred fan.

I should have known though when a guy has a classic of a picture of "Papa Bear" on the bottom of his postings. A tip of the hat to you sir.

Love it!

I had the Junkyard Dogs poster...and the Chicago Vice one as well!

JunkyardDogsPoster-1986.jpg

Chicago-Vice.jpg

I have this one up in my garage...

86bears.jpg

This is in my office at work...

$(KGrHqJ,!lgE453EudRLBOUDfQRDTg~~48_35.J

Odd, MadLith and are of kindred age. I too am 43 (if I recall correctly).

Seeing Lemonej post about his being able to watch Sayers and Butkus reminds me of a time my Grandfather asked us if we wanted to go watch the Bulls play. I was pretty young at the time. Anyhow, he said they have this new kid "Gordon or Jordan or something rather that is supposed to be pretty good.". Man was he wrong. LOL

Anyhow a few photos that take me back to the 'good ol' days'.

tumblr_mhnnql12d91qznj8ho1_500.jpg JazzHands.jpg

If I'm not mistaken, and without the help of Google I might add, I believe I can name all the players in this pic (on the right). Starting from the top left and working clockwise: FS Gary Fencik, DT/RB William "Refrigerator" Perry, DE Richard "Sackman" Dent, LB Otis Wilson, Backup QB Steve Fuller, LB "Samurai" Mike Singletary, QB Jim McMahon, SWEETNESS (need not say more), WR Willie Gault and CB Reggie Phillips (I think).

I can't say that I would know most of those guys from anyone else. You are truly a battle scarred fan.

I should have known though when a guy has a classic of a picture of "Papa Bear" on the bottom of his postings. A tip of the hat to you sir.

Thank you. I just got started early. D was always the focus when I watched. Now, with Trestman, let's see what the O can add to our storied past.

This is in my office at work...

I think I had the "garage photo" at one time. It might still be in storage somewhere. Need a 'man cave' to adorn. I might be able still name about half the guys on that one. Isn't that one of the McCaskey's down on the middle right with the gray suit?

86bears.jpg

Note that Todd Bell (#25) and Al Harris (#90) are in this photo so this isn't the Superbowl Team. The link to BearsHistory.com suggests this is 86 but I thought only one of those two came back after the Superbowl. I'm probably just forgetting. They were both on the 84 team but Butthead and Fridge weren't.

I can name almost all of these players! I'm 48.