Round 2 Draft Board

AZ54

Now that we're done with Rd 1 we need to setup our board for Rd 2.

We will have our pick of course: Jon Bostic

To start off with the board I'll list some of the more prominent names who were chosen after our 2nd Rd pick, and excluding positions we don't need like RB:

David Amerson (CB)

Arthur Brown (LB)

Margus Hunt (DT)

Jamar Taylor (CB)

Aaron Dobson (WR)

Robert Alford (CB)

Larry Warford (OG) went 3rd Rd.

Any other to put on the list?

Any of the above we should remove from our list?

Remember I want to target 5-7 for the vote. Again, if it's undecided we'll do a runoff vote.

Now that we're done with Rd 1 we need to setup our board for Rd 2.

We will have our pick of course: Jon Bostic

To start off with the board I'll list some of the more prominent names who were chosen after our 2nd Rd pick, and excluding positions we don't need like RB:

David Amerson (CB)

Arthur Brown (LB)

Margus Hunt (DT)

Jamar Taylor (CB)

Aaron Dobson (WR)

Robert Alford (CB)

Larry Warford (OG) went 3rd Rd.

Any other to put on the list?

Any of the above we should remove from our list?

Remember I want to target 5-7 for the vote. Again, if it's undecided we'll do a runoff vote.

As far as I'm concerned, you can end it right there. Warford was a 2nd round, at worst, talent. He was a mega-steal in the early part of the third.

But others have a hard-on (for some reason) for a backup TE. Spence would have been the next guy on the list.

As far as I'm concerned, you can end it right there. Warford was a 2nd round, at worst, talent. He was a mega-steal in the early part of the third.

But others have a hard-on (for some reason) for a backup TE. Spence would have been the next guy on the list.

With "us" taking Long in the 1st Warford is out of the picture....This is why "us" as a collective group will struggle to agree from round to round. Warford would make perfect sense if we went a different direction in the first.

Me personally, knowing Greene is there in the 4th and me not thinking 2 LBs was that necessary, I would have to go with Amerson here. He's an upgrade to all the nickle possibilities we have this year IMO, and he gives the Bears flexibility for next year with all 5 of our corners hitting FA.

I would have got 1 LB this year and 1 LB next year. Groom Greene inside and then you can find a day 1 SLB in the 2nd or 3rd round next year...Or simply resign Williams or Anderson.

With "us" taking Long in the 1st Warford is out of the picture....This is why "us" as a collective group will struggle to agree from round to round. Warford would make perfect sense if we went a different direction in the first.

Me personally, knowing Greene is there in the 4th and me not thinking 2 LBs was that necessary, I would have to go with Amerson here. He's an upgrade to all the nickle possibilities we have this year IMO, and he gives the Bears flexibility for next year with all 5 of our corners hitting FA.

I would have got 1 LB this year and 1 LB next year. Groom Greene inside and then you can find a day 1 SLB in the 2nd or 3rd round next year...Or simply resign Williams or Anderson.

You're right...for some reason (busy at work) I was thinking that we, as a board, steered away from Long with the collective first rounder. I like OL, but even I wouldn't have gone OG, OG in the first two rounds. This was simply a misunderstanding.

You're right...for some reason (busy at work) I was thinking that we, as a board, steered away from Long with the collective first rounder. I like OL, but even I wouldn't have gone OG, OG in the first two rounds. This was simply a misunderstanding.

I still would have actually. I would have seen Long as a future tackle upgrade. It's not like Slauson is locked up long term at guard, or neccissarily the answer at his spot.

This is starting to fizzle out for me. I was thinking we were going to pick who we would have picked when the Bears drafted to weigh ourselves against Emery. It seems the majority went with Long after the all the hype and hoopla. Did anyone have Kyle Long on their round 1 draft board even 5 minutes before the draft? Now we are debating a second round pick based on picking Long. This is interesting, but not working. My guess we'll end up redrafting Emery's team.

I'm still going Floyd. Next Warford.

This is starting to fizzle out for me. I was thinking we were going to pick who we would have picked when the Bears drafted to weigh ourselves against Emery. It seems the majority went with Long after the all the hype and hoopla. Did anyone have Kyle Long on their round 1 draft board even 5 minutes before the draft? Now we are debating a second round pick based on picking Long. This is interesting, but not working. My guess we'll end up redrafting Emery's team.

After a knee jerk reaction the Long pick made a lot of sense. Basically at that point in the draft it was him or Warford if they wanted one of the "sure thing" OGs in the draft. They had no way of knowing Warford was gonna last as long as he did.

I didn't have him on my draft board 5 minutes before because I thought we'd be fine with the Brown/Carimi/Britton winner opposite of Slausson at OG. The Bears didn't agree with that so I have no problem with them drafting Long.

Looking at it in hindsight though I'm still up in the air about 1st round knowing Warford was there in the 2nd. I went with Long but I'm still iffy on it. Floyd/Warford/Greene certainly looks like a solid first 3 picks.

I will however disagree on taking 2 LBs. My thoughts on that is maybe they just couldn't pass up Greene in the 4th, which I can understand. In hindsight though I would have just taken Greene.

After a knee jerk reaction the Long pick made a lot of sense. Basically at that point in the draft it was him or Warford if they wanted one of the "sure thing" OGs in the draft. They had no way of knowing Warford was gonna last as long as he did.

I didn't have him on my draft board 5 minutes before because I thought we'd be fine with the Brown/Carimi/Britton winner opposite of Slausson at OG. The Bears didn't agree with that so I have no problem with them drafting Long.

Looking at it in hindsight though I'm still up in the air about 1st round knowing Warford was there in the 2nd. I went with Long but I'm still iffy on it. Floyd/Warford/Greene certainly looks like a solid first 3 picks.

I will however disagree on taking 2 LBs. My thoughts on that is maybe they just couldn't pass up Greene in the 4th, which I can understand. In hindsight though I would have just taken Greene.

THAT IS THE POINT. It is supposed to be a hindsight 20/20 draft. We don't have the inside knowledge to know when someone might get drafted, but they do. Therefore, the only way this makes sense is if we pretend we knew. As a result, we can predict Warford would be there in the second, and we could draft BPA in the first if a highly rated player inexplicably fell.

That was the intent. I'm with you. Floyd seems like a stud pick in terms of BPA, and starting out with Floyd then Warford would appear to be a better start than Long then Bostic.

THAT IS THE POINT. It is supposed to be a hindsight 20/20 draft. We don't have the inside knowledge to know when someone might get drafted, but they do. Therefore, the only way this makes sense is if we pretend we knew. As a result, we can predict Warford would be there in the second, and we could draft BPA in the first if a highly rated player inexplicably fell.

I understand that and that's exactly why I said I'm still iffy on Long in this scenario. I went with Long though due to his versatility. It's kind of a lame pick but I'll stick with it.

I understand that and that's exactly why I said I'm still iffy on Long in this scenario. I went with Long though due to his versatility. It's kind of a lame pick but I'll stick with it.

I actually took Floyd because of the value that he said provides at #20 plus it was a need. Which would also be why I would have Warford here in2nd and then gGreene in 4th.

I actually took Floyd because of the value that he said provides at #20 plus it was a need. Which would also be why I would have Warford here in2nd and then gGreene in 4th.

Floyd was the higher rated player but I think S. Williams is going to be a better DT in the pros, as some people have stated. In this round considering who this board picked, I would go with Brown instead of Bostic. I think he will be the better player.

A. Brown/LB second pick.

Gracious even in victory. :)

I expected some votes for Long but based on the initial debates around the pick I felt there would have been a lot more votes for other players. I stuck with my desired pick in Ogletree. Then again it is those of us most disappointed with a pick who tend to raise the issue while those who agree may not post as much in the discussion. I did have Long on my wish list had we traded back to late 1st Rd or early 2nd Rd so he was not a huge stretch IMO.

I didn't see any different names requested for the Rd 2 poll so I'm going to put up the poll now.