Bearstalk Draft Rd 2 Poll

AZ54

Bearstalk Rd 2 Draft Poll  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Our 1st Rd draft pick was OG Kyle Long. Who would you pick in Rd 2?

• Jon Bostic (LB)
    • Arthur Brown (LB)
    • Margus Hunt (DT)
    • Aaron Dobson (WR)
    • David Amerson (CB)
    • Jamar Taylor (CB)
    • Robert Alford (CB)
    • Larry Warford (OG)

Remember, we (the board) have just chosen an OG in the 1st Rd so for building our team who do you want to pick in Rd 2? I'm listing Warford because it was entirely possible Long was chosen to be an OT. As we build our team for the future which player best fits our remaining needs and/or BPA as you see fit.

For me the pick is Arthur Brown. With the board having gone OG in Rd 1 I feel we must get best talent available to bring youth to our LB corps. I was against taking him in Rd 1 because I don't think he has what we need to play MLB, but at this point in the draft Brown represents very good value and fills a need.

Remember, we (the board) have just chosen an OG in the 1st Rd so for building our team who do you want to pick in Rd 2? I'm listing Warford because it was entirely possible Long was chosen to be an OT. As we build our team for the future which player best fits our remaining needs and/or BPA as you see fit.

For me the pick is Arthur Brown. With the board having gone OG in Rd 1 I feel we must get best talent available to bring youth to our LB corps. I was against taking him in Rd 1 because I don't think he has what we need to play MLB, but at this point in the draft Brown represents very good value and fills a need.

Considering we took long in rd 1 I agree with going LB here. I agree I hated the idea of brown in rd 1 but in rd 2 its good value and once again serves a need

I went with Amerson. To me CB is the exact same situation as LB. We needed youth at the position and future starters because all our starters at the position are FAs next year. The difference between LBs and CBs though is that a CB will see the field this year as a nickel whereas a LB probably only sees the field if there's an injury.

Drafting Amerson gives us an upgrade over Hayden and it also gives us flexibility in the future. Potentially moving Peanut to FS is something I would love to see to stretch out his career and get him around the ball more.

I went with Amerson. To me CB is the exact same situation as LB. We needed youth at the position and future starters because all our starters at the position are FAs next year. The difference between LBs and CBs though is that a CB will see the field this year as a nickel whereas a LB probably only sees the field if there's an injury.

Drafting Amerson gives us an upgrade over Hayden and it also gives us flexibility in the future. Potentially moving Peanut to FS is something I would love to see to stretch out his career and get him around the ball more.

I have never, in the many years posting on this board, disagreed with someone more often than you. As much as I don't like the movements made by the organization over the past decade or so, I would probably be dead if you were in charge. You'd have probably started the draft (without hindsight) Eifert and Amerson (i.e. backup and backup).

I said before the draft, I wanted OL early and often. I went with Warford to stick with that idea.

If the intention all along was to move Long to OT, then I thin the Warford pick would be a great one.

I have never, in the many years posting on this board, disagreed with someone more often than you. As much as I don't like the movements made by the organization over the past decade or so, I would probably be dead if you were in charge. You'd have probably started the draft (without hindsight) Eifert and Amerson (i.e. backup and backup).

If I knew Kromer didn't like Carimi/Brown at OG then I would have gone Long without hindsight. I know Bostic and Greene have a better chance at winning a starting job over Williams/Anderson then Amerson would over Tillman/Jennings but really what is the difference between the 2 positions? Williams and Anderson are both damn good players and I expect them to play all year unless they get injured. So what is the difference between drafting Bostic (backup at this point) vs drafting Amerson? At least Amerson would see time in nickel situations.

Hayden is expected to play 450-500 snaps per rotoworld....I would have liked to have those snaps go to a better player.

What happens if Tillman/Jennings get hurt? We're then left with Tillman or Jennings on one side, Hayden on the other and then who in the slot? DJ Moore is gone. Bowman hasn't done anything in 3 years.Then we have some unknowns in McManis, Frey and Lewis.

We need youth at cb but it is in better shape than lb. you have one starter back and two FAs. We have both starters back at CB that were all pro. Just not the same. Depth sucks at both but that is why they drafted two LBers, we have some younger guys to look at at CB, frey and McManis.

If the intention all along was to move Long to OT, then I thin the Warford pick would be a great one.

Long has to potential, body and athletic ability, to develop into a guard. I draft him with the hope that one day he can be a Tackle, but honestly the whole line needs talent and youth.

Guard was at a premium this offseason through free agency and the draft. Slausson must have some flaws for the Bears to get him so cheap and other teams pass. So, I'd still have been happy if Long turned out as a guard and Warford too.