Urlacher announces retirement

bowlingtwig

Anyone else find it a bit weird that far all of his career he avoided the media if at all possible. Then new regime comes in and he then takes to the media to plead his case to get a deal and bad mouth the organizations handling of his negotations and now he says he would be interested in taking a TV analyst job. When I heard this I didn't know what to think considering he's hated the media the entire time and now he wants to be a part of the media. Can u say awkward

Did Urlacher mount some kind of smear campaign against the Bears new management and I missed it? Sometimes I go through busy periods so I may have missed it, but I didn't notice him seeking out media any more than usual, keeping in mind that "avoided the media if at all possible" is a huge exaggeration (I've seen him do all kinds of media over the years that he wasn't obligated to do by the NFL...he's no Reggie Wayne).

Did Urlacher mount some kind of smear campaign against the Bears new management and I missed it? Sometimes I go through busy periods so I may have missed it, but I didn't notice him seeking out media any more than usual, keeping in mind that "avoided the media if at all possible" is a huge exaggeration (I've seen him do all kinds of media over the years that he wasn't obligated to do by the NFL...he's no Reggie Wayne).

He made some comments to the effect mentioned above in a telephone interview I heard, I am not sure I would say a smear campaign but definitely the comments had an undertone of criticism....

No I wouldn't call it a smear campaign but he made enough comments and he's never cared for media. He has said so several times. Didn't he once also say he hated the media and fans Lol. He was no saint. He's talked more with media this off season than he has in his whole career

No I wouldn't call it a smear campaign but he made enough comments and he's never cared for media. He has said so several times. Didn't he once also say he hated the media and fans Lol. He was no saint. He's talked more with media this off season than he has in his whole career

What a putz Urlacher is, he comes out and states he would have played for Dallas this year. They werent interested in him, he just says dumb things sometimes. That is why it was always hard to endear yourself to him, great on the field but a putz with the fans and media.

What a putz Urlacher is, he comes out and states he would have played for Dallas this year. They werent interested in him, he just says dumb things sometimes. That is why it was always hard to endear yourself to him, great on the field but a putz with the fans and media.

Indeed, exactly, he is not that bright and is seriously unappreciative of the fans and franchise that made him what he is today.

I am glad that he is not part of the "new Bears" going forward and he will soon be forgotten IMO...he never apologised after his outburst last year of not liking fans etc....

Indeed, exactly, he is not that bright and is seriously unappreciative of the fans and franchise that made him what he is today.

It's kind of a two way street. The franchise made him just as much as he "made the franchise". When people talk of the Bears, they talk about dominant defenses throughout the years and right after that mention the LBs that played in them. Butkus, Singletary and Urlacher. McCaskey made as much known for his individual recognition.

I am glad that he is not part of the "new Bears" going forward and he will soon be forgotten IMO...he never apologised after his outburst last year of not liking fans etc....

As I said before, he will not be "unforgotten". Like the fans or not. He is now and will always be a part of Bears lore.

It's kind of a two way street. The franchise made him just as much as he "made the franchise". When people talk of the Bears, they talk about dominant defenses throughout the years and right after that mention the LBs that played in them. Butkus, Singletary and Urlacher. McCaskey made as much known for his individual recognition.

As I said before, he will not be "unforgotten". Like the fans or not. He is now and will always be a part of Bears lore.

A two way street? How so? Are the Bears an unintelligent franchise? Not to me. Urlacher was a good player but not a good person necessarily IMO...

We will see how he ends up in Bears history, but he will never be close to Butkus or Singletary.

He will never be remembered the way that Singletary and Butkus were, not to mention other players who had less talent but much more character. Time will tell, and after about a month it already is.

A two way street? How so? Are the Bears an unintelligent franchise? Not to me. Urlacher was a good player but not a good person necessarily IMO...

We will see how he ends up in Bears history, but he will never be close to Butkus or Singletary.

He will never be remembered the way that Singletary and Butkus were, not to mention other players who had less talent but much more character. Time will tell, and after about a month it already is.

Urlacher wasn't a good player. He was a great one. He was the second best linebacker of his generation. I will give you he is not as good as Butkus but he is clearly a better player than Singletary who played behind arguably the best defensive line ever.

I also will agree with you that he is a putz but that doesn't detract from the type of player he was.

Peace :dabears

Urlacher wasn't a good player. He was a great one. He was the second best linebacker of his generation. I will give you he is not as good as Butkus but he is clearly a better player than Singletary who played behind arguably the best defensive line ever.

I also will agree with you that he is a putz but that doesn't detract from the type of player he was.

Peace :dabears

Great player, yes, but the fact he is a putz does detract from my overall view of him definitely and makes me a lot less sad to see him go.