My take on the Bears this year.

Wesson44

With all the off season moves we made IMHO we have the chance to be a really good team from position to position. I think at maybe the secondary will be our only weakness.

QB

Cutler, McCown, Blanchard

Cutler will start of course but McCown is not scare to throw the ball and the staff seem to be high on Blanchard

RB

Forte, Bush, Allen, Ford, Unga,

Forte is the starter and with the new staff will be more involved in the passing game than he was last year, Bush will be the short yards guy Unga gets cut, and Allen and Ford will fight it out for the 3rd RB spot

WR

Marshall, Jeffery, Bennett, Anderson, Golden, Fields,

Lenz, Wilson, Weems, Moss, Rucker, Toliver,

Here Marshall,Jeffery and Bennett are the top three, I'm seeing that Lenz, Fields and Rucker wont make the team so there will be a war with Weems, Toliver, Moss, Golden, Anderson and Wilson for the last two or three spots with maybe Weems Anderson and Wilson having the upper hand

TE

Bennett, Maneri, Miller, Adams, Eldridge, Onobun, Rodriguez,

With this crew I see bennett as the main show with Maneri as the blocking TE and I do see value in Ono

bun and Erod. So Eldridge,Miller and Adams get cut

OT

Bushrod, Carimi, Mills, Webb, Brandon, Scott,

Well this is down to the battle for the right side.....between Webb/Scott and Mills Carimi is just getting

himself deeper in the doghouse and Brandon will be cut

G

Brown, Long, Slauson, Dennis, Britton,

I think Long and Slauson will be the startes and Brown as 3 guy

C

Garza, Boggs, Williams, Lonergan,

Garza stays but look out

DE

McBride, McClellin, Moore, Wootton, Ozougwu, Peppers, Washington, Whiteside,

IMHO Whiteside, Ozougwu and either Moore or McBride are gone

DT

Collins, Irvin, Melton, Minter, Paea, Tupou, Russell,

Other than Melton and Paea...we will have a good battle for the other two spots

LB

Anderson,Bostic, Briggs, Franklin, Greene, Trahan, Thomas, Costanzo, Williams, Wilson

No worries here.......Wilson,Trahan, and franklin are gone

CB

Bowman, Hayden, Hurst, Jennings, Jones, McManis, Tillman, Wilson,

Tillman and Jennings are good...Bowman and Hayden are second teamers but I think one of these guys can replace Bowman

FS/SS

Conte, Hardin, Nelson, Quarles, Steltz, Walters, Wright, ,Zbikowski,

This is going to be interesting as well with Hardin and Zbikowski in the mix with Steltz..Nelson and Quarles are out

With all the off season moves we made IMHO we have the chance to be a really good team from position to position. I think at maybe the secondary will be our only weakness.

QB

Cutler, McCown, Blanchard

Cutler will start of course but McCown is not scare to throw the ball and the staff seem to be high on Blanchard

RB

Forte, Bush, Allen, Ford, Unga,

Forte is the starter and with the new staff will be more involved in the passing game than he was last year, Bush will be the short yards guy Unga gets cut, and Allen and Ford will fight it out for the 3rd RB spot

WR

Marshall, Jeffery, Bennett, Anderson, Golden, Fields,

Lenz, Wilson, Weems, Moss, Rucker, Toliver,

Here Marshall,Jeffery and Bennett are the top three, I'm seeing that Lenz, Fields and Rucker wont make the team so there will be a war with Weems, Toliver, Moss, Golden, Anderson and Wilson for the last two or three spots with maybe Weems Anderson and Wilson having the upper hand

TE

Bennett, Maneri, Miller, Adams, Eldridge, Onobun, Rodriguez,

With this crew I see bennett as the main show with Maneri as the blocking TE and I do see value in Ono

bun and Erod. So Eldridge,Miller and Adams get cut

OT

Bushrod, Carimi, Mills, Webb, Brandon, Scott,

Well this is down to the battle for the right side.....between Webb/Scott and Mills Carimi is just getting

himself deeper in the doghouse and Brandon will be cut

G

Brown, Long, Slauson, Dennis, Britton,

I think Long and Slauson will be the startes and Brown as 3 guy

C

Garza, Boggs, Williams, Lonergan,

Garza stays but look out

DE

McBride, McClellin, Moore, Wootton, Ozougwu, Peppers, Washington, Whiteside,

IMHO Whiteside, Ozougwu and either Moore or McBride are gone

DT

Collins, Irvin, Melton, Minter, Paea, Tupou, Russell,

Other than Melton and Paea...we will have a good battle for the other two spots

LB

Anderson,Bostic, Briggs, Franklin, Greene, Trahan, Thomas, Costanzo, Williams, Wilson

No worries here.......Wilson,Trahan, and franklin are gone

CB

Bowman, Hayden, Hurst, Jennings, Jones, McManis, Tillman, Wilson,

Tillman and Jennings are good...Bowman and Hayden are second teamers but I think one of these guys can replace Bowman

FS/SS

Conte, Hardin, Nelson, Quarles, Steltz, Walters, Wright, ,Zbikowski,

This is going to be interesting as well with Hardin and Zbikowski in the mix with Steltz..Nelson and Quarles are out

I will say as of now its a solid team. Fighting for playoff spot. Anything else is gravy. Tough to see more considering brand new coaching staff who wasn't been in the NFL in awhile. Call me pessimistic I guess. I think cutler takes step forward and earns no contract

I will say as of now its a solid team. Fighting for playoff spot. Anything else is gravy. Tough to see more considering brand new coaching staff who wasn't been in the NFL in awhile. Call me pessimistic I guess. I think cutler takes step forward and earns no contract

Agreed, I would tend to think that is an optimistic view with a new staff and system along with major changes to the O line and hope that Cutler does take a step forward, which I think he will to be honest as he has all of the tools and seems to have desire as well.

GO BEARS!!

If we went 10-6 with Tice calling the offense last year or was it a offence? If Trestman and Kromer are 1/2 as good as what as been quoted then I think we go a long way in the playoffs. If the team is status quo as of last year then surely the Oline has got to be improved and doesn't the linebackers at least look to be more athletic. maybe I am being optimistic with rose coloured spectacles but as Sitka once said " I think we are going to the dance ".

If we went 10-6 with Tice calling the offense last year or was it a offence? If Trestman and Kromer are 1/2 as good as what as been quoted then I think we go a long way in the playoffs. If the team is status quo as of last year then surely the Oline has got to be improved and doesn't the linebackers at least look to be more athletic. maybe I am being optimistic with rose coloured spectacles but as Sitka once said " I think we are going to the dance ".

Every year is different and usually new coaches dont do well there first year, but if the OLine is fixed and Cutler and Trestman click we could be in for a successful year. I would say 9-7 to 11-5 is a realistic projection. I will be more specific after training camp. I am a glass half full kind of a guy and look forward to this year.