Oh happy days!

madlithuanian

Mad, speaking from my 'glass half empty' side it is easy to be ecstatic...for now. As the article pointed out Trestman has yet to win a game in the NFL. And as some of the comments pointed out, Marshall has yet to be displeased with what he sees and gets by way of ball distribution. And the question has to be asked, will Cutler ever achieve that 'elite' status we're waiting to see from him? If not, the year could be even longer. We could continue to wait for the answer.

Mad, speaking from my 'glass half empty' side it is easy to be ecstatic...for now. As the article pointed out Trestman has yet to win a game in the NFL. And as some of the comments pointed out, Marshall has yet to be displeased with what he sees and gets by way of ball distribution. And the question has to be asked, will Cutler ever achieve that 'elite' status we're waiting to see from him? If not, the year could be even longer. We could continue to wait for the answer.

This is a plus though. I don't see a reason for him to point out that he was dreading going to practice last year unless he really did hate it(No reason to basically throw Lovie and the staff under the bus). Being happy and having fun is a great for team chemistry and that could be something they lacked in the Lovie Smith era.

Marshalls gonna get his, and I'm sure he won't mind if his "brother" Martellus Bennett or the guy he's taken under his wing Alshon Jeffery dip into his catches. I just don't see that being a problem.

I'd really be shocked if (barring injury) Cutler doesn't AT LEAST put up the numbers he did in Denver. It also wouldn't surprise me one bit if he performs better than he did there.

If the defense doesn't end up being the unit that "dreads" going to work now that we have an offensive minded coach then I believe we're gonna be in for a lot of fun this year....And I think with a lot of key starters back on defense I don't believe we'll see that.

Every season, the guys say the same thing in the beginning. So I really am not putting too much stock in it myself either. The hope is they keep saying that same throughout and atthe end of the season...of course after the SB parade.

One has to hope that he is sincere, but at the least it gives one a reason to be optimistic....I am probably drinking too much kool-aid, but I think we have alot to look forward to. And at the least, we don't have to worry about another season of mediocrity, just bearly good enough to make the playoffs and be out, that we had with Lovie and Co.

We need innovators and high achievers, let's hope that Trestmann and Co. will give that to us!

We need innovators and high achievers, let's hope that Trestmann and Co. will give that to us!

Players always say good things about their new coaches (see Cutler/Martz, Cutler/Tice, Urlacher/Babich as DC, etc.) However, I was actually surprised at how he threw the previous coaching staff under the bus. You normally don't see that in the news. Lovie was reportedly well liked and a "players' coach".

Of course then he recovered to say that all of his previous coaches were great too, these guys are just greater.

My question is do we finally have an offense, and a coaching staff, that is able to take advantage of what a defense gives us, and willing to do so? For years under Lovie we never showed that ingenuity on offense while at the same time our defense was great but vanilla in what they did. How many times have we come into a game against the worst run defenses and then couldn't run? Or against one of the worst pass defenses and couldn't or wouldn't pass? Naturally we always came back to the fact our oline was bad and whatnot yet other teams who had bad Oline play would have more success than we did. Packers had a bad run defense and we call 7 run plays.

No matter the season, no matter how weak the opposing defense, under Lovie it always seemed as if our offense was unable to create any mismatch. We might have one game early where we put up good points but after that it's as if everyone saw what we were doing, stopped it, and we never had the counterpunch. The famous "we're going to put Hester in a spot where he can make plays" line always showed up in training camp and never on the field. Partly Hester's fault to be sure, but also the coaches couldn't see that yet kept trying to force the square peg in a round hole.