Carimi traded to Bucs for draft pick

Bears4Ever_34

This offseason:

-Essentially cut a HOF MLB who was statistically proven to have a very positive effect on the defense

-Traded a first round OT two years after he was drafted and before anyone really got to see him work a game while healthy, while simultaneously having one of the worst OLs in the NFL for 5+ consecutive years and having very little known quantities for depth

-Cut a hybrid TE who was drafted with the premise of getting more targets for Jay and turning around the Bears horrible offense

The first is still a question mark until we see the defense and the new pieces in action. The other two are premature and have other issues that have already been noted.

Emery does leave me scratching my head more often than not. The McClellan and Long picks in the first round, letting Louis bolt, hiring of a HC that had been out of the league for years, ignoring the line completely last year, and so on could be added to the list.

I am on board with some of the decisions, I like Trestman's hire and Long as a project, but I do see them as gambles.

I felt Rodriguez would thrive in this offense with Trestman's love for passing out of the backfield, I think that they should have atleast seen Carimi in camp before they let him go for next to nothing, and I don't even want to go in to how I felt about the Urlacher situation.

Emery does leave me scratching my head more often than not. The McClellan and Long picks in the first round, letting Louis bolt, hiring of a HC that had been out of the league for years, ignoring the line completely last year, and so on could be added to the list.

I am on board with some of the decisions, I like Trestman's hire and Long as a project, but I do see them as gambles.

I felt Rodriguez would thrive in this offense with Trestman's love for passing out of the backfield, I think that they should have atleast seen Carimi in camp before they let him go for next to nothing, and I don't even want to go in to how I felt about the Urlacher situation.

If they had him pegged as a backup OG,I dont see this as a bad decision. There are new people doing the evaluations, and if they didnt like what they see, Im OK with that. He is said to have slow feet and obviously coped an attitude when not being a RT anymore, so what difference will it make. We have the questionable Webb, backup OT in Scott and the new project that could be better than all of them. J. Mills. I am for renewing the roster as soon as possible. If he looked bad on tape and aint following the rules, lets roll with new people. The problem is if we wait to see if he is better and then cut him, his money this year turns into dead cap space. We now have got rid of his salary and got a little something in return.

If they had him pegged as a backup OG,I dont see this as a bad decision. There are new people doing the evaluations, and if they didnt like what they see, Im OK with that. He is said to have slow feet and obviously coped an attitude when not being a RT anymore, so what difference will it make. We have the questionable Webb, backup OT in Scott and the new project that could be better than all of them. J. Mills. I am for renewing the roster as soon as possible. If he looked bad on tape and aint following the rules, lets roll with new people. The problem is if we wait to see if he is better and then cut him, his money this year turns into dead cap space. We now have got rid of his salary and got a little something in return.

I'm not sure how the money would just count this year or not, but they are already set how they will be cap wise so it really don't matter. The tape is not really good with him being hurt and the different bad scheme before. I just personally feel it was best to stop and check him out before they let him go. Most likely nothing was there, but a 6th round pick is just getting the guy that would be a UDFA that you wanted. I'd check out the first round pick, with the offensiveline guru in Kromer that had linemen make the probowl at every position. And it's not really breaking rules if the work outs aren't mandatory.

I'm not sure how the money would just count this year or not, but they are already set how they will be cap wise so it really don't matter. The tape is not really good with him being hurt and the different bad scheme before. I just personally feel it was best to stop and check him out before they let him go. Most likely nothing was there, but a 6th round pick is just getting the guy that would be a UDFA that you wanted. I'd check out the first round pick, with the offensiveline guru in Kromer that had linemen make the probowl at every position. And it's not really breaking rules if the work outs aren't mandatory.

If we just ended up cutting him, his money ends up being dead cap money,he still has guarantees from his rookie deal. In trading him, his salary is just gone. Since we got rid of him we have now doubled our cap space. That will matter if someone is released that we want and now we have some money to play with. I used the wrong word when I stated that, we have new coaches and if would seem to be a good idea to get acclimated to the new coaches, new play book, new team mates, but nope , he is pissed because after watching tape on him, he got demoted. So now he is gone.

This offseason:

-Essentially cut a HOF MLB who was statistically proven to have a very positive effect on the defense

First off, How do you cut a UFA? Plus his Retirment was a clue to how much he physicaly deminished

-Traded a first round OT two years after he was drafted and before anyone really got to see him work a game while healthy, while simultaneously having one of the worst OLs in the NFL for 5+ consecutive years and having very little known quantities for depth

His footwork was not good at all, While I have to agree nobody seen him work Healthy, That in itself is a concern. Injury prone guards are not what they want

-Cut a hybrid TE who was drafted with the premise of getting more targets for Jay and turning around the Bears horrible offense

Emery does not tolerate trouble following a player, he gives them chance but if they dont follow the line, they are gone. The same happened with Tank here with the Bears. remember?

The first is still a question mark until we see the defense and the new pieces in action. The other two are premature and have other issues that have already been noted.

1. That's why I said "essentially," nobody else even thought about him. He was a Bear or nothing.

2. Bad footwork or not, he was a first founder with great potential and minimal chance to show his value on the field while healthy.

3. Bad character...meh. The Bears do not have the luxury to cut every guy who makes mistakes. The Bears need players. This is nothing new; you're right. I didn't like it then, and I don't like it now. If the Bears pass on all question marks they are severely limiting their potential talent pool. Not smart.

3. Bad character...meh. The Bears do not have the luxury to cut every guy who makes mistakes. The Bears need players. This is nothing new; you're right. I didn't like it then, and I don't like it now. If the Bears pass on all question marks they are severely limiting their potential talent pool. Not smart.

Agreed, and I would say it is not bad character, just stupidity. He will learn after the second time for sure and not be a problem again. Fiammetta on the other hand, just sounds like crap from what I have read about him so far. Definitely a drop in talent for no good reason.

We did take a chance on bad character when we drafted Rodriguez. Two additional strikes later he showed he has a flat learning curve.

We took a chance this year with Marquess Wilson. We signed D.J. Williams who had been suspended by the league in the past. We traded for Brandon Marshall. We still have J'Marcus Webb on the team after his run-in with the law. We just spent the 19th overall pick on Kyle Long who had his own issues in college.

The sense that we only want choir boys on the roster is far from correct. Emery has said he understands people make mistakes the question is do you learn from it. I'm not happy we gave up on Rodriguez but I guarantee you everyone else in the locker room got the message. I'm not happy with Fiammetta World Peace either. Hopefully we do something else here.

I think Carimi's status simply came down to the fact he'd be competing for a backup spot on the roster and he was one player we could get something for.

We did take a chance on bad character when we drafted Rodriguez. Two additional strikes later he showed he has a flat learning curve.

We took a chance this year with Marquess Wilson. We signed D.J. Williams who had been suspended by the league in the past. We traded for Brandon Marshall. We still have J'Marcus Webb on the team after his run-in with the law. We just spent the 19th overall pick on Kyle Long who had his own issues in college.

The sense that we only want choir boys on the roster is far from correct. Emery has said he understands people make mistakes the question is do you learn from it. I'm not happy we gave up on Rodriguez but I guarantee you everyone else in the locker room got the message. I'm not happy with Fiammetta World Peace either. Hopefully we do something else here.

I think Carimi's status simply came down to the fact he'd be competing for a backup spot on the roster and he was one player we could get something for.

Agree completely. Carimi had to beat Webb and Scott, and if he did...how much better would he be. Plus he was projected to compete at G. He did not like that, voiced it, and wanted a new start elsewhere. Rodriquez, he had his first run in. The second run in was the line, and if you don't cut him then the guys that make good decisions lose belief in the system. Emery took that chance and made the right decision, no matter what potential he had you can't give exceptions.

Agree completely. Carimi had to beat Webb and Scott, and if he did...how much better would he be. Plus he was projected to compete at G. He did not like that, voiced it, and wanted a new start elsewhere. Rodriquez, he had his first run in. The second run in was the line, and if you don't cut him then the guys that make good decisions lose belief in the system. Emery took that chance and made the right decision, no matter what potential he had you can't give exceptions.

Not to be an ass, but Scott is bad as a starter and Webb was horrible at his last stint at RT. Hopefully the experience he had was fruitful, but it's not like Carimi would have to beat out butshrod. Before the season starts, I will tell you my frienst round pick hope will be on a tackle to replace them. Rodriguez just had young stupid crimes and it wasn't like it was violent or drugs. Rodriguez would have been a better contributor than his replacement, and Carimi was a first round pick that may be a bust but we don't know cause of injury. A 6th round pick is still basically getting nothing for him.

Carimi could end up horrible and Rodriguez locked up, but still just seems silly to give up on both before the Coaching staff has had a chance to evaluate their potential.

Not to be an ass, but Scott is bad as a starter and Webb was horrible at his last stint at RT. Hopefully the experience he had was fruitful, but it's not like Carimi would have to beat out butshrod. Before the season starts, I will tell you my frienst round pick hope will be on a tackle to replace them. Rodriguez just had young stupid crimes and it wasn't like it was violent or drugs. Rodriguez would have been a better contributor than his replacement, and Carimi was a first round pick that may be a bust but we don't know cause of injury. A 6th round pick is still basically getting nothing for him.

Carimi could end up horrible and Rodriguez locked up, but still just seems silly to give up on both before the Coaching staff has had a chance to evaluate their potential.

I think they did the evaluation and that is why they made those choices. Your right about our RTs but I think they must like Mills, so they are taking chances going forward with him as to someone who doesnt want to be here. This all could be mistakes they are making, but we dont know that yet. It is choices they are making and they will keep or lose there jobs as these choices come to fruition. He wasnt the new decision makers first round pick ,they dont have emotional ties as we do. They have change the blocking schemes, and I dont think he fits into that mold that they are looking for, so he isnt here.

This offseason:

I dont think what we do on defense on any barring on letting Urlacher walk, his time had come. The fact everyone else in the league thinks that too speaks volumes. If he had signed for the 2 mil, we would be at the end of the season, saying that we should have moved on because he cant stay on the field due to a bad body. I think he would have been a liability for the defense this year, and he did us a favor by being stubborn. We hung on to Cris Williams to long, it didnt matter that he was a first round pick, because he wasnt any good. What I like about Emery is he has a plan, and is following it and will live or die with it. I have no problem with that at all. He isnt making popular decisions based on the fans, he is doing what he think is right.