Another one bites the dust

Stinger226

Got to say, while I understand, I'm not a big fan of releasing talented players before you have to. Bringing in Tony Fiametta is fine, but let ERod compete against him to see how he stacks up. Give Carimi a chance to prove himself against the talent they brought in this offseason.

Love it.

It's time that we instilled a culture of excellence. I am so happy Emery is free early in the Trestman era to make mistakes and try things.

I'm so glad to see that they aren't afraid to demand accountability. They aren't operating conservatively from fear, they are operating aggressively with an eye on winning.

I'm liking what I see.

Got to say, while I understand, I'm not a big fan of releasing talented players before you have to. Bringing in Tony Fiametta is fine, but let ERod compete against him to see how he stacks up. Give Carimi a chance to prove himself against the talent they brought in this offseason.

Completely agree. Both moves, especially the ERod one, were rushed.

Completely agree. Both moves, especially the ERod one, were rushed.

I agree on the timing, but clearly the boss is sending a message to the team either be here, show up and play and stay out of trouble. Maybe he felt like he who that Carimi wasn't going to start and didn't want him sitting on the bench or cut.....just giving him a fresh start and with E Rod.....maybe we needed a true FB for the new system we are going to run

For what its worth, Trestmans last successful offense in Oakland (Gannons MVP year) didn't feature a pass catching full back and the TEs combined for 59 catches for 622 yards (Bennett alone went for 55 and 626 last year). So I think we'll be fine without him.

We don't quite have Jerry Rice and Tim Brown like that team did but we got Marshall who can put up comparable numbers to the 92/1200 that Rice put up. I don't think Alshon will put up numbers like Brown did that year (81/930) but the Bears can make up for that with M. Bennett and whoever ends up being the 2nd TE being better than what Oakland had.

I cant say I completely agree with his decisions, but got to give him credit to have balls to do what he thinks is right. The report card is on the clock.

Emery is clearly very decisive and he's not interested in what others think, or what the "norm" is. Between hiring Trestman, cutting Carimi after just two seasons, drafting Kyle Long in Rd 1, Urlacher gone, Rodriguez cut, etc. he is making this his team very quickly.

Emery is clearly very decisive and he's not interested in what others think, or what the "norm" is. Between hiring Trestman, cutting Carimi after just two seasons, drafting Kyle Long in Rd 1, Urlacher gone, Rodriguez cut, etc. he is making this his team very quickly.

Kind of hard to criticize him until we see how all of this turns out, but at least he is not wishy washy like Jerry use to be. He drafts a guy last year and already has cut him, it would have took Jerry 4 years to do that.

Perfect fit. Whats over/under on his next incident lol

We have lot of questionable players for character on the team, I dont think that has anything to do with it. I think the fact they told him to cool it after the DUI and was out partying two days later, it just comes down to a control thing. He just wasnt making enough of an effort to stay clean, so they told him to (freak off). Just a power thing.