Aromashodu is back...

madlithuanian

I'm good with it. He's actually not a horrible receiver. Did some good when on the team a few years ago. From what I remember Cutler was favorable of him. Reminds me a little of Brandon Lloyd (who I wished the Bears had kept), without the speed. We'll see how he works in the new offense. He's a good clutch receiver, like E. Bennett, but without the injury hx.

Looks like a good play at this time in the game...

We'll see how it all shakes out, but this moves seems like a good one giving depth to the WR position.

I'm good with it. He's actually not a horrible receiver. Did some good when on the team a few years ago. From what I remember Cutler was favorable of him. Reminds me a little of Brandon Lloyd (who I wished the Bears had kept), without the speed. We'll see how he works in the new offense. He's a good clutch receiver, like E. Bennett, but without the injury hx.

• 2 weeks later...

Kinda old news but I surprisingly didn't touch on this. Love the move. One of the keys to a WCO is the relationship between the QB and the WR and he and Jay supposedly had that. Same reason why I still like Bennett as well.

I really love what Jay has to work with. What a difference a few years make. 3 big physical pass catchers in Marshal, M. Bennett, and Jeffery. 2 guys who have built a solid rapport with Jay in the past in Earl and DA. 2 or 3 potential surprises in guys like Joe Anderson, Marquiss Wilson, and Fendi Onubun. Oh and you can throw in a one of the better pass catching RBs in the league for a coach who likes to throw to the RB.

I was drunk Sunday when I said I really think the Bears can contend for a championship and I'm gonna stick to that sober.

Kinda old news but I surprisingly didn't touch on this. Love the move. One of the keys to a WCO is the relationship between the QB and the WR and he and Jay supposedly had that. Same reason why I still like Bennett as well.

I really love what Jay has to work with. What a difference a few years make. 3 big physical pass catchers in Marshal, M. Bennett, and Jeffery. 2 guys who have built a solid rapport with Jay in the past in Earl and DA. 2 or 3 potential surprises in guys like Joe Anderson, Marquiss Wilson, and Fendi Onubun. Oh and you can throw in a one of the better pass catching RBs in the league for a coach who likes to throw to the RB.

I was drunk Sunday when I said I really think the Bears can contend for a championship and I'm gonna stick to that sober.

Yea, they are just missing some speed. Depending on how the line turns out and if Trestman and Kromer being the great coaches I think they are, then this could be a real exciting year.

Edit: I just wanted to add that if Knox had never gotten hurt, this team could be real scary right now.

One of the keys to the WCO is the WR being in the right place at the right time. Aromashodu struggled with that. Maybe he's better now and I like the move to bring him in to challenge the bottom of our roster. At this point he is definitely on the outside looking in.

One of the keys to the WCO is the WR being in the right place at the right time. Aromashodu struggled with that. Maybe he's better now and I like the move to bring him in to challenge the bottom of our roster. At this point he is definitely on the outside looking in.

I'd say those 2 things go hand in hand, the QB builds a rapport with the WR to know where the right place at the right time is. I wouldn't say he's on the outside looking in, I'd say he has a legit chance to be our #4 WR with Anderson/Wilson/Weems battling for the 5 spot.

TD- From what I understood from studying the WCO speed isn't a major necessity. You set the defense up with the underneath passes forcing the secondary to cheat the short pass and when they're caught cheating even a guy like Brandon Marshall could blow past his defender.....Also while we are here, Aromashodu ran a 4.35, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Jeffery be a little faster than his 4.45 speed of last year.