Lets play a game.

scs787

With all the talk of quick releases and it being a slow time I think its time for a little game.

This guy is available right now to play QB for our Chicago Bears. With this quote taken from respected NFL mind Cris Collinsworth I want you to guess who Cris is talking about....Remember, this guy is available to play qb for our Bears....

?????'s release will be compared to John Elway's. Dan Marino also was timed, along with Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Brett Favre.

According to NFL network producer Mark Loomis, analyst Cris Collinsworth provided the inspiration for measuring the various QBs' releases.

"What we've found so far is that the top quarterbacks in the league - the Mannings, Bradys and Favres - all seem to have that consistently quick release, and ???? certainly falls in that range."

Name that QB?

I think this guy may have been the product of a bad system...Much like Sedrick Ellis was saying.

Rex Grossman is the wrong answer...and with 3 strikes the talkbears community losses.

The correct answer to the question of which QB who is available to start for our Chicago Bears whos quick release was once compared with other elite/HoF QBs is.......Jay Cutler!...lol it's a trick question =p

Jay Cutler's release will be compared to John Elway's. Dan Marino also was timed, along with Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Brett Favre.

According to NFL network producer Mark Loomis, analyst Cris Collinsworth provided the inspiration for measuring the various QBs' releases.

"We were talking the first game of the year about quarterbacks' releases - who was quick and how important that was," Loomis said. "Then it occurred to us that we could find out a way to measure them by using video tape."

The results?

"What we've found so far is that the top quarterbacks in the league - the Mannings, Bradys and Favres - all seem to have that consistently quick release, and Jay Cutler certainly falls in that range."

So Jay certainly has it in him to speed things up. He was showing a quick release in the WCO in Denver, where he shined. Then he came here and his release apparently got longer. I wonder if that is just due to being a product of the system in Denver/Chicago.

I have all the faith in the world in Jay to shine back in a WCO. His success (that I believe he'll have) may be credited to Trestman but I believe it will be attributed to the WCO.

There seems to be some lack of differentiation in the media between holding the ball and how quick a QBs release is. For example, this article specifically refers to Cutler's "long, slow release", which I don't think is true. http://www.windycitygridiron.com/2013/6/15...rs-release-time

When he needs to, Cutler can get that ball out with a very efficient motion and without giving up velocity. The thing Trestman is working on is holding the ball, which is a mental thing, not a mechanical thing like release.

That is an article from his time with the Bears. What I'm getting at is in his time in Denver he apparently had a quick release, I've seen a lot of articles from his Denver days that said he had a quick release. That's where I question the systems he been in here in Chicago. I think going back to the WCO will work wonders for him.

I'm drunk right now so I'm homer enough to say this, I think Chicago can compete for the title THIS YEAR.....I would be legite `shocked if we dont make the playoffs.

That is an article from his time with the Bears. What I'm getting at is in his time in Denver he apparently had a quick release, I've seen a lot of articles from his Denver days that said he had a quick release. That's where I question the systems he been in here in Chicago. I think going back to the WCO will work wonders for him.

I'm drunk right now so I'm homer enough to say this, I think Chicago can compete for the title THIS YEAR.....I would be legite `shocked if we dont make the playoffs.

I'm down with that :headbang