Inside Rookie Minicamp #3

BearFan PHX

The Chicago Bears website has a video series called "Inside Rookie Minicamp" and today they released the 3rd episode.

http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/vid...camp_Episode_3/

The reason for this post is that I saw two things I'd been curious about, back to back.

For one I was hoping that the staff would continue Lovie's tradition of considering incomplete passes to be live balls. If you look at the video at 4:15 you can see that they are clearly doing that. I think it goes a long way toward making turnovers a cultural priority, and also practicing the mechanics of scooping up fumbles and coordinating blocking etc for runbacks. Fantastic.

Then, as a bonus, almost immediately after that clip we see Trestman chewing out one of the new Rookie Linebackers. This was great to see, becasue until that moment I had only seen the calm, under control version of Trestman, and I wondered if he had the fire and the alpha leadership chops that I like to see in a head coach. Based on what I saw, he does.

I remain extremely optimistic about this staff and roster. Yes I think there will be growing pains, it would be insane to think there wouldn't be, but we are on the right track now, and I expect we will see a good football team continually improving into a championship one under Trestman's watch.

Thank you Phil Emery!!!!

Thanks for the post, never would have seen these....Can't wait to see the next one that looks to feature Kromer.

They are fun to watch. Last year they took a different approach. If I remember right, they focused on following a few different players through the mini-camp last year. I'm especially enjoying this years version, as it's introducing not only players but showing what the new coaches are like and introducing the coaches and the style to the fans.

The Chicago Bears website has a video series called "Inside Rookie Minicamp" and today they released the 3rd episode.

The reason for this post is that I saw two things I'd been curious about, back to back.

For one I was hoping that the staff would continue Lovie's tradition of considering incomplete passes to be live balls. If you look at the video at 4:15 you can see that they are clearly doing that. I think it goes a long way toward making turnovers a cultural priority, and also practicing the mechanics of scooping up fumbles and coordinating blocking etc for runbacks. Fantastic.

Then, as a bonus, almost immediately after that clip we see Trestman chewing out one of the new Rookie Linebackers. This was great to see, becasue until that moment I had only seen the calm, under control version of Trestman, and I wondered if he had the fire and the alpha leadership chops that I like to see in a head coach. Based on what I saw, he does.

I remain extremely optimistic about this staff and roster. Yes I think there will be growing pains, it would be insane to think there wouldn't be, but we are on the right track now, and I expect we will see a good football team continually improving into a championship one under Trestman's watch.

Thank you Phil Emery!!!!

Up til now we've all heard he had the fire and sideline temperament but we finally see it. That's awesome.

Thanks for posting that!

I'm amped now!

Cool see see Tucker's personality. Good to see Trestman lay into some guys too like you said!

Thank you Phil Emery!!!!

Good to see Trestman do that, I agree. Particularly to a rookie. I think Lovie relied more on his assistants and other players to do that (based on what I've seen over the years at training camp) and I really like to see the head coach have that fire. I hope it translates to a winning attitude on the field.