Inside Rookie Minicamp #4

AZ54

This short video gives a good glimpse into how Kromer coaches the oline. I have no clue about how past Oline coaches and OCs have done things but I do like Kromer's level of detail and decisiveness in how they have to do things, especially the combination blocks, my term for delayed blitzes and stunts, which I think we've really struggled with the last few years.

http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/vid...dd-4621beb1c3ba

This short video gives a good glimpse into how Kromer coaches the oline. I have no clue about how past Oline coaches and OCs have done things but I do like Kromer's level of detail and decisiveness in how they have to do things, especially the combination blocks, my term for delayed blitzes and stunts, which I think we've really struggled with the last few years.

I think this technique could be far different from Lovie and Tice, more down to earth and straight forward to relate to players. He doesnt coddle anybody.

I'm guessing this is a pretty accurate representation of last year with Tice.

"Left Tackle. Hmmm, Left Tackle. Easy. J'amarcus knocked me off the blocking sled and chipped my toof."

"Left Guard, ya know, uh, Spencer was a pretty decent center with Seattle, and he didn't look very good at right guard last year...I know! Starting Left Guard! And if that doesn't work, I'll just plug in Chilo Rachal. That dude is a reliable veteran."

"Center. This one is easy. Damn good guard for ten straight years, I'm gonna use him at Center again. Garza is my man."

"I don't really know what to do here. I'll flip a coin: Heads for Lance Louis, tails for Edwin Williams. Anybody got a quarter I can borrow?"

"Stupid Angelo and Lovie are gonna make me start Gabe Carimi just cuz he's a first round draft pick. (kicks ground) If I had my way it'd be James Brown - his music rocks. Or maybe even Jonathan Scott; I like dudes with two first names."