If they were only like Tebow....

'TD'

Tebow will never be a great QB in the league, but he does have traits that other players are lacking like size, leadership, and morality.

I know it's a down time, so I figured I'd throw this up there. What player if they only had a Tebow trait could have been became top players in the league. Quick examples off the top of my head, Jeff George with leadership, Doug Flutie with Size, or Hernandez with morality or whatever.

This isn't because I am a Tebow fan. I saw an article about Strawberry wishing he was more like him. It just made me think of all the players that were missing one thing from being great.

If they only were more like Walter...

Emulate the best.

True. I just wanted to use someone flawed. Like if I said if a player could take something from Payton Manning, it would throw out things like accuracy and open up the field to other things. Basically being a better player. Size, morality/just staying out of trouble, and Leadership really doesn't effect someone's ability. Like imagine what Ricky Williams could have done if he didn't care about weed more and so on.

THanks for clarifying.

True. I just wanted to use someone flawed. Like if I said if a player could take something from Payton Manning, it would throw out things like accuracy and open up the field to other things. Basically being a better player. Size, morality/just staying out of trouble, and Leadership really doesn't effect someone's ability. Like imagine what Ricky Williams could have done if he didn't care about weed more and so on.

Rolando McClain. Tons of talent, no common sense. Yet this exercise really is easy because in life there are millions of people that are missing or lacking in that "one" area. They may still be successful, maybe very successful, maybe even make the Hall of Fame, but this is what makes the truly great ones so rare in sports. In my definition of great I'm talking about players who re-define their game. Gretzky, Peyton Manning, Jordan,

The flip side to this are those players who are so transcendent in their abilities they still redefine how the game is played, or the standards for excellence, despite their personal flaws. Lawrence Taylor, Babe Ruth

(Forgive me for deviating from football for some of those names)

Good names brought up so far. I know Randy Moss was one of the greatest, but I will always wonder what he could have been if he had his head on straigher.

And baseball and everything is fine, heck I don't care if you talk about rastlin, lol. If Mick Foley had Tebows build, he'd be remembered as one of the best in the ring and not for his stunts.

Boxing may be one of the most interesting to me tho, what would Tyson's legacy be if he didn't screw up.