New QB!!!!!!

Wesson44

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/...-jordan-palmer/

So with the third QB having a break in his hand the Bears signed a new QB in Jordan Palmer. Do you think this is a good signing or should we have signed someone else?

Seeing as he'll be a 3rd stringer and potentially cut once Blanchard returns I can't call it a bad signing. He worked out with the team so they know what they're getting. Russell was the only other QB of note out there and either the Bears liked Palmer more or Russell wanted a better opportunity.

Seeing as he'll be a 3rd stringer and potentially cut once Blanchard returns I can't call it a bad signing. He worked out with the team so they know what they're getting. Russell was the only other QB of note out there and either the Bears liked Palmer more or Russell wanted a better opportunity.

Russell....hhhhuuuuummmmm maybe this was a better signing even in days pass i was on board to give Russell a sbot. We did and picked Palmer

Exclamation points, really? C'mon man... :shakehead

Your negative comment about everything someone posts....C'mon man yourself. My father told me a long time ago "If you can't say something nice or positive then don't say anything at all".........you might want to try that advice.

Blanchard is not on IR and wasn't cut so it's clear this is essentially a two game exhibition for Palmer for the rest of the league. Not sure it mattered much who we picked up but do players like Edwards really want to come in and work for just two weeks?

Your negative comment about everything someone posts....C'mon man yourself. My father told me a long time ago "If you can't say something nice or positive then don't say anything at all".........you might want to try that advice.

Sorry. My negative comments are from you painting a false picture of something that's not remotely newsworthy. I felt pranked. We're you genuinely excited or was it simply a lure to your post?

Blanchard is not on IR and wasn't cut so it's clear this is essentially a two game exhibition for Palmer for the rest of the league. Not sure it mattered much who we picked up but do players like Edwards really want to come in and work for just two weeks?

The bigger question is, in what world isn't Edwards a better option then both backups we have on board. Edwards is a smart QB that actually is a pretty solid fit in the WCO. I was watching the Seahawks game last night and I was quite jealous of their back-up situation. Nice to have guys like Tavarus Jackson and Brady Quinn behind you. And everyone will laugh at me for saying Tavarus Jackson but he's a good back-up with some upside. He was rushed by the Vikings and clearly not a good starter but he's making a lot of progress and looked pretty darn good in his first two preseason games.

We have taken a major step back in the quality of our QB depth this year. In fact, I'd argue it is worse then the year we had Caleb Hanie as our primary back-up. If Cutler goes down for an extended period of time, McCown probably isn't good enough to win us a few games and he certainly hasn't looked good this preseason. He's a good 3rd string QB and a bad back-up. And our 3rd stringer really isn't at all prepared to be out on the field and lets be honest, there is a very small chance that he ever amounts to anything worth a damn. The upside potential in him is nominal and I think its a big mistake this team is making in not having a quality backup who would be capable to help this team win one or two games if Jay were to go down for 5 or 6 games. I say that because if you go 2-4 with your backup over a 6 game span, you probably still have a shot at making the playoffs if you are good. Going 1-5 you are out and my guess is, depending on the level of teams we'd have, the upside with McCown would be 2 games, likelihood would be 1, and unless you were lined up against the 3 worse teams in the league in that 6 game stretch, you aren't going .500.

Sorry. My negative comments are from you painting a false picture of something that's not remotely newsworthy. I felt pranked. We're you genuinely excited or was it simply a lure to your post?

I said that because I think that we need a real back up QB. McCowan and Blanchard are not the answer if Cutler goes down. Picture this was it last year with Campbell going in and looking like a deer in the headlights of the Texans and 49ers, and the year before when some one went in to replace Cutler and then got replaced by the 3 rd string QB himself because he could throw the ball 20 yards. So you get the point?????

Right after I post that I don't know that Edwards would be interested in a 2wk tryout he signs with us:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100000023...h-chicago-bears

Now that may be worthy of exclamation points. LOL. Maybe not...

Let's hope there's enough time before the season to get him ready. It'll be interesting to see who sticks from this lot.

I said that because I think that we need a real back up QB. McCowan and Blanchard are not the answer if Cutler goes down. Picture this was it last year with Campbell going in and looking like a deer in the headlights of the Texans and 49ers, and the year before when some one went in to replace Cutler and then got replaced by the 3 rd string QB himself because he could throw the ball 20 yards. So you get the point?????

And this dude sucks bis ass, so what IS your point? That's my point. Again, absolutely nothing worthy of exclaimation. If you can't take a little ball busting, grow a pair. I thought you were military for Pete's sake. I guess thin skin is allowed there now.

And this dude sucks bis ass, so what IS your point? That's my point. Again, absolutely nothing worthy of exclaimation. If you can't take a little ball busting, grow a pair. I thought you were military for Pete's sake. I guess thin skin is allowed there now.

once again you are here saying your 2 cents when we need 50 dollar material........and Yes i was in the military watching your 6 in three different conflicts ......so you do retain some information....but the point is we signed two QB'S even thou they might not make the roster but they might in fact turn out to be better than our second and third option we have right now. And my point.....is as stated before we have signed not one but two QB'S

once again you are here saying your 2 cents when we need 50 dollar material........and Yes i was in the military watching your 6 in three different conflicts ......so you do retain some information....but the point is we signed two QB'S even thou they might not make the roster but they might in fact turn out to be better than our second and third option we have right now. And my point.....is as stated before we have signed not one but two QB'S

Although I think the question should be asked what IF Cutler doesn't produce? So far I'm not seeing a whole lot of positive with this new transition. IMHO, McCown probably could do a pretty good job stepping in if Cutler were either hurt or continues to look like mediocre garbage. From the two first pre-season games, he's showing a better read on his progressions and checkoffs. And distributing better. Blanchard, I'm not so sure. But between Palmer and Edwards, the latter intrigues me. This is the same cast off from Buffalo? He showed a lot of promise there but wasn't he starting to run into his own concussion issues? Of the two newest signees, he might be the better.

And thank you for your service.

Although I think the question should be asked what IF Cutler doesn't produce?

If Cutler can't hack this offense, this year is over already. And for me it'll mean we should've just stuck with Lovie for another season. I think Cutler can and will produce in the new offense and it'll be humming 4 games or so into the season. But until then, it'll be a bit bumpy.

Our backup QB on this team is there for one reason only, to replace Cutler if he's injured. None of these journeymen is stepping in and taking us to the promise-land.

Just my opinion.

If Cutler can't hack this offense, this year is over already. And for me it'll mean we should've just stuck with Lovie for another season. I think Cutler can and will produce in the new offense and it'll be humming 4 games or so into the season. But until then, it'll be a bit bumpy.

Our backup QB on this team is there for one reason only, to replace Cutler if he's injured. None of these journeymen is stepping in and taking us to the promise-land.

Just my opinion.

Fair enough. I'll agree that "things will be bumpy". Four games into the regular season will probably be a good trial run to see where the team is headed. The intersting thing I noted in a story about the pick up of Edwards. The question raised: "The addition of Edwards and Palmer is not seen as a sign the Bears are unhappy with backup quarterback Josh McCown. The club - from management to the coaches - has strongly backed McCown as a player and lauded the intangibles he brings to the quarterback room. The issue having a healthy option behind McCown, if the need arises."

So reading into it, whats NOT being said? What if "they" don't think Culter can hack it? His skills aren't what they were hoping for? From what I've seen, McCown has appeared better in the first two games. More comfortable. But like you said, none of these guys 'are going to take the team to the promised land' . That just might include Cutler. I'm just sayin....

Just my opinion.

Which is exactly why I question Wesson getting a boner with his exclamation points. Just doesn't fit with me. If we go to any of our backups this year, season is over.

If the coaching staff were mega convinced in Cutler, he'd have a long term contract right now.

With that said, they are giving him this season. He is our only option to win. The other guys could steer the boat for a few games, but w/o Cutler we are going nowhere.

This season is all about giving Cutler the shot to be the man. If he fails miserably, we will look for another QB. If he shows just enough, he'll be retained. QB's are tough to find. Especially for us...

Fair enough. I'll agree that "things will be bumpy". Four games into the regular season will probably be a good trial run to see where the team is headed. The intersting thing I noted in a story about the pick up of Edwards. The question raised: "The addition of Edwards and Palmer is not seen as a sign the Bears are unhappy with backup quarterback Josh McCown. The club - from management to the coaches - has strongly backed McCown as a player and lauded the intangibles he brings to the quarterback room. The issue having a healthy option behind McCown, if the need arises."

So reading into it, whats NOT being said? What if "they" don't think Culter can hack it? His skills aren't what they were hoping for? From what I've seen, McCown has appeared better in the first two games. More comfortable. But like you said, none of these guys 'are going to take the team to the promised land' . That just might include Cutler. I'm just sayin....

Thanks for your service. BTW - that is worth 6 exclamation points. Not your post title. Out...