Webbs demotion also rewarded with pay cut.

GrizzlyBear

Somebody better find out where SCS is and take away any sharp objects he might have around him. LOL

Oh, and Chicken Little's Twig and Jason, how's that competition looking to you now?

They will give him this year, Webb has been around 4 years proving he aint good enough. At least they will keep him for depth now that he is cheaper.

Somebody better find out where SCS is and take away any sharp objects he might have around him. LOL

Oh, and Chicken Little's Twig and Jason, how's that competition looking to you now?

Hey didn't I say I was happy now that there is. Once again it feels i need to remind u I did say "if" but why waste my breath when u still won't understand

Ha like I said I'm happy with whatever they wanna do..It still doesn't change the fact that he progressed every year to the point that he didn't give up a sack in 8 of the last 9 games. I never said he was the brightest crayon in the coloring box, the new scheme could have put any kind of progression he had in the rear view.

Remember, he's a 7th round draft pick. It's only now he's finally being treated like it. He hasn't been overpaid in his short career nor has he underperformed.

If he wants to prove he's not just a career backup, at least he's still on the team. If he'd been cut, teams aren't lining up around the block to pick up 7th round draft picks from bad offensive lines who just got cut.

Without stating it publicly there isn't a much clearer way to state that Mills is our starting RT.

Huge message to Webb too. "We are not just demoting you to have competition and give a guy a look. Your effort/performance is lackluster and if it continues you won't have a job. Get it?"

Ha like I said I'm happy with whatever they wanna do..It still doesn't change the fact that he progressed every year to the point that he didn't give up a sack in 8 of the last 9 games. I never said he was the brightest crayon in the coloring box, the new scheme could have put any kind of progression he had in the rear view.

I know a good electronics store that can fix broken records. It is annoying to just hear the same thing over and over, when the guy is one more demotion to being out of the league, but you need something to talk about so go for it.

I know a good electronics store that can fix broken records. It is annoying to just hear the same thing over and over, when the guy is one more demotion to being out of the league, but you need something to talk about so go for it.

It's the only argument I need and it's an argument that i can't believe some of you don't see. His past hasn't changed.

lol he still thinks he's gonna start from the sounds of this....

"The season will start soon. I plan on playing on the field just as I always have. I've got great coaches and a solid organization. Don't read between the lines. I'm working hard everyday and I Got this!"

It's the only argument I need and it's an argument that i can't believe some of you don't see. His past hasn't changed.

"The season will start soon. I plan on playing on the field just as I always have. I've got great coaches and a solid organization. Don't read between the lines. I'm working hard everyday and I Got this!"

What else would u expect him say. Seriously. I want every player to say he's gonna play and he's working hard otherwise its proof he's not working hard and doesn't care. Which would get him cut with no chance of getting picked up

Hey didn't I say I was happy now that there is. Once again it feels i need to remind u I did say "if" but why waste my breath when u still won't understand

The point is, Twiggy, there always was a competition. Just because you imagined something that made you really really upset, doesn't mean your perception was ever reality. I told you and Jason to calm down and that the evaluation was going on regardless of what was said publicly but you both stomped your feet and pouted like a couple of little kids. Since Jason embarrassed himself he's run off and hid. You don't have the same sense.

As to your constant whining about your alleged use of the word "if". If you bother going back to that thread and reading it you'll find that you used the word "if" in that context only after your panties were ruffled up big time. Over and over again you defended Pompeii's observations and took his word as gospel.

Webb's suck to not suck ratio was too high for a professional coach not to notice. As soon as they were convinced, which took them ONE PRESEASON GAME, they demoted him, replaced him with a rookie and cut his pay in half. How much more decisive could they have been? But no, you and Jason wanted it announced on the first day of camp that they had an open competition at right tackle. Why? Because it would make you feel better. Well, you know what you and Jason can do with your hurt feelings...

I guess the point is obviously that didnt mean much. The new regime watched tape but didnt have the same opinion as you had or he would still be starting. It doesnt really matter I want the best players playing we just disagreed how good he is thats all. The coaches seem to agree with me and they opinions are the only ones that count.

The point is, Twiggy, there always was a competition. Just because you imagined something that made you really really upset, doesn't mean your perception was ever reality. I told you and Jason to calm down and that the evaluation was going on regardless of what was said publically but you both stomped your feet and pouted like a couple of little kids. Since Jason embarrassed himself he's run off and hid. You don't have the same sense.

As to your constant whining about your alleged use of the word "if". If you bother going back to that thread and reading it you'll find that you used the word "if" in that context only after your panties were ruffled up big time. Over and over again you defended Pompeii's observations and took his word as gospel.

Webb's suck to not suck ratio was too high for a professional coach not to notice. As soon as they were convinced, which took them ONE PRESEASON GAME, they demoted him, replaced him with a rookie and cut his pay in half. How much more decisive could they have been? But no, you and Jason wanted it announced on the first day of camp that they had an open competition at right tackle. Why? Because it would make you feel better. Well, you know what you and Jason can do with your hurt feelings...

Hang on, so if Webb performed just well enough to slide by for the preseason then we may not have had any "open" competition. The job WAS Webb's from the start and now that we know what happens, you can't say you knew all along.

LoL, just having some devils advocate fun! :cheers

Hang on, so if Webb performed just well enough to slide by for the preseason then we may not have had any "open" competition. The job WAS Webb's from the start and now that we know what happens, you can't say you knew all along.

LoL, just having some devils advocate fun! :cheers

You used the word open which changes things. All I ever said and continue to say was there was a competition because the evaluation process had to be taking place. No way two coaching staffs in a row give Webb a pass if he sucked. Not that I want to get back into all of this again, I'm just glad that it's clear that they were clearly evaluating the players on their merit, behind the scenes or otherwise, and they appear to have come to the same conclusion most of us have on Webb. I just wanted to wait until we had a few things to judge the new coaches on before I got all angst-ridden about something ONE writer wrote.

The point is, Twiggy, there always was a competition. Just because you imagined something that made you really really upset, doesn't mean your perception was ever reality. I told you and Jason to calm down and that the evaluation was going on regardless of what was said publicly but you both stomped your feet and pouted like a couple of little kids. Since Jason embarrassed himself he's run off and hid. You don't have the same sense.

U just said his suck to not suck ratio was too high for a professional coach not to notice. I could have swore lovie was a professional coach. He was considered a good coach as well yet he allowed it to go on. Please don't scream about who the OC was because in the end it all falls on HC and u know that. BTW. Who's panties are in a bunch. Also if u look back it wasn't only Pompeii who said it. Brad Biggs also told me point blank there wasnt a competition. It was all Webb's job and no one else was even getting snaps. Sorry for believing those guys know more than you. How dumb can we be. Of course now I know if the great cracker dog says something then that's that. Story over cuz u are great and all powerful and all knowing. We all should bow down to the dog :notworthy

You used the word open which changes things. All I ever said and continue to say was there was a competition because the evaluation process had to be taking place. No way two coaching staffs in a row give Webb a pass if he sucked. Not that I want to get back into all of this again, I'm just glad that it's clear that they were clearly evaluating the players on their merit, behind the scenes or otherwise, and they appear to have come to the same conclusion most of us have on Webb. I just wanted to wait until we had a few things to judge the new coaches on before I got all angst-ridden about something ONE writer wrote.

I understand. I too didn't like what I seen from the start with Webb intially being slated the number one. I think the Bears gave him the first game as his shot, but his leash was short. Glad we have management that can see deficiencies like some of us fans can. Webb now has to work hard to win a roster spot and I don't think he will realize that until he is cut.

I understand. I too didn't like what I seen from the start with Webb intially being slated the number one. I think the Bears gave him the first game as his shot, but his leash was short. Glad we have management that can see deficiencies like some of us fans can. Webb now has to work hard to win a roster spot and I don't think he will realize that until he is cut.

So sad, but so true...

I listen regularly to espn 1000 podcasts and they all view Webb as a guy who doesn't want it enough. He just doesn't care enough and although it is good to respect the team's decision regarding a demotion and pay cut again he comes across as not being bothered and apathetic to the whole situation. Mills cares and wants to play. Webb probably has the better athletic ability but when all is said and done I feel he won't make the roster after the final cuts if Scott is healthy.

They knew they were going to give it to Mills from the first day, but they wanted to make the theater so Mills would feel like he earned it. There never was a real competition. Webb never had the fair chance he deserved.

:P