Practice Squad

Wesson44

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1...84-567390934bab

Well now we know who the Bears liked and kept on the p squad. QB Johnson is a wonder,

They need a developmental QB to do the scout team practices, so they got one to go forward with. If our 2 QBs get hurt we can use him as emergency qb until we sign someone else.

I dont understand why they pick up a castoff WR from a WR staved team SF and dont resign Toliver? Another thing,why is Unga still here?

We signed Lockette because of his speed....he is a 4.2 guy at 6'3 and can catch, but Toliver was a 4.4 guys at 6'5. Lockette also plays specials teams as a gunner. Unga still here?????????? That would have been my first cut but hey maybe they see him as a FB or H-back type who knows.

We signed Lockette because of his speed....he is a 4.2 guy at 6'3 and can catch, but Toliver was a 4.4 guys at 6'5. Lockette also plays specials teams as a gunner. Unga still here?????????? That would have been my first cut but hey maybe they see him as a FB or H-back type who knows.

I thought unga was let go

Not sure I see the potential there for Jarrod Johnson. Hard to fix quarterbacks who have serious accuracy issues. His funky sidearm-ish delivery certainly doesn't help. I guess because of his size he's worth a shot on the practice squad to see what, if anything, you can salvage, and if it doesn't work out, so be it.

Unga on the practice squad only makes sense from the point of view that he is the immediate backup to Fiammetta, but yes he does seem to have 9 lives. I'm not saying he showed that much in the preseason either but the fact remains he knows our offense better than someone we could bring in off the street mid-season.

Unga on the practice squad only makes sense from the point of view that he is the immediate backup to Fiammetta, but yes he does seem to have 9 lives. I'm not saying he showed that much in the preseason either but the fact remains he knows our offense better than someone we could bring in off the street mid-season.

I've been "obsessed"(I guess thats what backing a player makes you) with Unga all off season and yes, I'd venture to believe he's the back up to Fiammetta at FB. If he develops more as a blocker he can be a pretty good weapon to have at FB, he's a pretty good pass catcher.

Exactly, well said.

I've been "obsessed"(I guess thats what backing a player makes you) with Unga all off season and yes, I'd venture to believe he's the back up to Fiammetta at FB. If he develops more as a blocker he can be a pretty good weapon to have at FB, he's a pretty good pass catcher.

The 1 thing that could make him good is called learning how to stay on the field for the 1st time in his career