Our new TE

Stinger226

Donta Rosario, probably didnt spell that right, he was a trade with Dallas for a 7th rounder. What do you think?

He's gotta be getting close to retiring. He's been around 'the block' a few times. Recall when he played for the Panthers back in the '80s, he wasnt too bad. But since, not so much.

Im guessing the team isn't settled on TE yet. I equate him to The recently released Pope (former 1st round and who they gave up less for). Must think he's able to contribute if they gave up 7th round.

I sure wish thy could get Olsen back.

He's gotta be getting close to retiring. He's been around 'the block' a few times. Recall when he played for the Panthers back in the '80s, he wasnt too bad. But since, not so much.

Im guessing the team isn't settled on TE yet. I equate him to The recently released Pope (former 1st round and who they gave up less for). Must think he's able to contribute if they gave up 7th round.

He is 28 years old, I doubt its the same person your thinking of. They needed another pass catching TE and he will fill that role, just another guy better than what we have.

He is 28 years old, I doubt its the same person your thinking of. They needed another pass catching TE and he will fill that role, just another guy better than what we have.

It the same one....so long as he can block and catch the ball. So are they going to cut Adams now? Since you now have two pass catching TE'S and a blocking one, plus a FB/H-back

That would be a neat trick since he was born in 1984. ;)

Peace :dabears

That would be a neat trick since he was born in 1984. ;)

I know. It was heavy sarcasm mixed with early morning dementia that made me post that. Lol.

I was just emphasizing that he's been playing for what seems like forever. One thing i did find in reading up on him was that his former coach, Fox, mistakenly listed him as the actress "Rosario Dawson". *wikipedia.

Poor guy, can't even get the coach to get it right.

I know. It was heavy sarcasm mixed with early morning dementia that made me post that. Lol.

I was just emphasizing that he's been playing for what seems like forever. One thing i did find in reading up on him was that his former coach, Fox, mistakenly listed him as the actress "Rosario Dawson". *wikipedia.

Poor guy, can't even get the coach to get it right.

Can we trade for Rosario Dawson???

A bit more athletic than Adams and not much else. I think TE will be one of our first two draft picks next year. Trestman seems intent on using two TE sets. Bennett will be more of our blocker as he is a bit inconsistent in pass catching and we will add a more dynamic player who can stretch the field both vertically and sideline to sideline.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dspro...7&genpos=TE

A bit more athletic than Adams and not much else. I think TE will be one of our first two draft picks next year. Trestman seems intent on using two TE sets. Bennett will be more of our blocker as he is a bit inconsistent in pass catching and we will add a more dynamic player who can stretch the field both vertically and sideline to sideline.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dspro...7&genpos=TE

Soooo... Now I'm even more befuddled. Why, if the Cowboys already had two TEs (Witten and Hanna), would the Bears give up a 7th round pick for what equates to a reserve player?

Soooo... Now I'm even more befuddled. Why, if the Cowboys already had two TEs (Witten and Hanna), would the Bears give up a 7th round pick for what equates to a reserve player?

He apparently made their squad or he would've been released. I'm not defending the move, not cutting it down either. Just seems like the Boys were going to keep three, no?

He apparently made their squad or he would've been released. I'm not defending the move, not cutting it down either. Just seems like the Boys were going to keep three, no?

Perhaps. But now I'm even more perplexed hearing the Bears jettisoned K. Adams as a result. Not sure that Rosario is that much better than Adams. But I'm sure he's much older and a 'sorta been'. Oh well, that's why they play the game.

Perhaps. But now I'm even more perplexed hearing the Bears jettisoned K. Adams as a result. Not sure that Rosario is that much better than Adams. But I'm sure he's much older and a 'sorta been'. Oh well, that's why they play the game.

Kyle Adams is back. There had been rumblings that they wanted to keep 4 TE's. Guess trestman is going to run alot of 2 TE sets.

We used a 3-TE set at least once in a preseason game. Adding Adams while the new guy gets up to speed keeps that in the playbook. So why not do that from the start? Scott couldn't be cut while he was injured or we'd end up in an injury settlement, or we guarantee his salary (I'm sure LT2 knows the details here). If we do an injury settlement Scott could not be on our roster again for some time not sure how long.

James Brown was drafted as an OT. Has he practiced some at LT and the Bears are comfortable with that? I doubt that. Or has Mills practiced some at LT and the Bears are good with him sliding over? During the preseason Britton looked too slow to be any good on the left side but could be effective enough at RT. At cut-down time it seemed Scott was being looked at mostly for backup LT so something changed.

Or is it as simple as they knew the Vikings were looking for backup OT help and preferred them to sign Webb. Of course they could change direction now and go after Scott but that's less likely since they haven't seen him all preseason. It will be interesting to see if the teams changes course again on this and re-signs Scott once the new TE is up to speed.

We used a 3-TE set at least once in a preseason game. Adding Adams while the new guy gets up to speed keeps that in the playbook. So why not do that from the start? Scott couldn't be cut while he was injured or we'd end up in an injury settlement, or we guarantee his salary (I'm sure LT2 knows the details here). If we do an injury settlement Scott could not be on our roster again for some time not sure how long.

James Brown was drafted as an OT. Has he practiced some at LT and the Bears are comfortable with that? I doubt that. Or has Mills practiced some at LT and the Bears are good with him sliding over? During the preseason Britton looked too slow to be any good on the left side but could be effective enough at RT. At cut-down time it seemed Scott was being looked at mostly for backup LT so something changed.

Or is it as simple as they knew the Vikings were looking for backup OT help and preferred them to sign Webb. Of course they could change direction now and go after Scott but that's less likely since they haven't seen him all preseason. It will be interesting to see if the teams changes course again on this and re-signs Scott once the new TE is up to speed.

I think your right, they will bring back Scott, I dont think they will be a big demand for him, this is just for one or two weeks and Adams will be leaving again.