Longtime Fan's Keys To This Season

lemonej

The first and foremost factor will be health.

With DJ Williams returning to practice and possibly starting, having rookie LBs Bostic and Greene serving as depth bodes well. Of course Williams health going forward will be a concern but Bostic receiving significant reps in the preseason is a plus.Right now this team is thin at the OL depth an CB depth and inexperienced at quite a few positions after the top 3 guys. DT,DE,CB,OL and QB. This seems to be a work in progress and I'm not sure that this isn't a calculated gamble on Emery's part. If Cutler suffers a freakish accident on the field like when he broke his finger against the Chargers a couple of years ago then the "paddle and creek" phrase will be used a lot. The RB depth and the WR depth seems solid hinging on Bennett's ability to stay healthy as well as Marshall being okay as well. Forte needs to have a Charlie Garner year and Bush needs to stay healthy as well. I like Ford's hunger and hope that attitude carries on into the regular season. He along with Hester could continue to help flip the field for this team. Of course the learning curve of all the first year players will be a tremendous factor in determining how well this team does and how well Emery's roster turnover is doing.

Picks to click. Forte and Jeffrey on O and Wooten on D.

Always nice to hear from the veterans on the board. :)

Backatcha bro! This is my way of getting back to the sport I love the most. FOOTBALL!

The third preseason game showed me something that the 4th preseason game back in the Ditka days showed me, we have a team that might do something special.IMO.

If I had my choice Bostic gets the spot he is going to play next year and Earl Bennett is the 4th WR because of his health history.