should I make this trade?

BearFan2000

Here are our rosters mine is on top highlighted in light blue

roster_zpse8d759fb.jpg

He proposed a trade involving me sending him Ryan Mathews for Finley.

IMO this weakens my RB's for a potential marginal upgrade at TE. While I don't mind dealing Matthews, it would leave me with 1 starting RB (and a temporary one at that) in Williams outside Forte and Lynch. I'm considering countering by including him giving me McFadden and I add someone like DeSean Jackson.

Question is would you do it as is, counter with something similar to what I was thinking, or decline and shop elsewhere? I'd really like to have a third solid RB that could be a good RB2/flex. Though Trading Mathews for McFadden is probably a wash there are question marks on both of them. though both if they answer those questions positively could be exactly what I'm looking for.

roster_zpse8d759fb.jpg

IMO this weakens my RB's for a potential marginal upgrade at TE. While I don't mind dealing Matthews, it would leave me with 1 starting RB (and a temporary one at that) in Williams outside Forte and Lynch. I'm considering countering by including him giving me McFadden and I add someone like DeSean Jackson.

Question is would you do it as is, counter with something similar to what I was thinking, or decline and shop elsewhere? I'd really like to have a third solid RB that could be a good RB2/flex. Though Trading Mathews for McFadden is probably a wash there are question marks on both of them. though both if they answer those questions positively could be exactly what I'm looking for.

Personally, I would just keep what you got. I don't think highly of Finley and don't think he would be much of an upgrade. I'd look at your free agency or be patient for drops. It's a position that people will drop to pick up other people. I just got Owen Daniels in my league to hold me over til Gronk can go.

Honestly, a guy I wanted to keep my eye on just caught a TD. Even with the immense talent that the Broncos have, Payton Manning has a history of using his TE, Dallas Clark. So I'd just be patient for drops and keep an eye out on Julius Thomas tonight.

Personally, I would just keep what you got. I don't think highly of Finley and don't think he would be much of an upgrade. I'd look at your free agency or be patient for drops. It's a position that people will drop to pick up other people. I just got Owen Daniels in my league to hold me over til Gronk can go.

Honestly, a guy I wanted to keep my eye on just caught a TD. Even with the immense talent that the Broncos have, Payton Manning has a history of using his TE, Dallas Clark. So I'd just be patient for drops and keep an eye out on Julius Thomas tonight.

I agree, while the temptation to "tinker" with my roster is there, it's generally best to stand pat the first week or two to see how your players perform. I do agree on Finley, it's a bit like a broken record, every year thy hype him and say "this is the year he breaks out" and all he ever seems to do is underperform. He's had a good preseason and supposedly good camp but I'm not sold.

Julius Thomas is making a name for himself and sadly I have waiver priority #7. I put a waiver claim on him and I'd drop Woodhead, but I highly doubt I'll get him.

I agree, while the temptation to "tinker" with my roster is there, it's generally best to stand pat the first week or two to see how your players perform. I do agree on Finley, it's a bit like a broken record, every year thy hype him and say "this is the year he breaks out" and all he ever seems to do is underperform. He's had a good preseason and supposedly good camp but I'm not sold.

Julius Thomas is making a name for himself and sadly I have waiver priority #7. I put a waiver claim on him and I'd drop Woodhead, but I highly doubt I'll get him.

Yea, I would have told you to keep an eye out before the game even started. He was who I was going to pick up tonight before I saw Daniels available. Bad luck for me, but I wanted to see it on the field.

He had just the one catch for a TD when I wrote it, I didn't know he was going to blow up fantasy wise in the first half.

Yea, I would have told you to keep an eye out before the game even started. He was who I was going to pick up tonight before I saw Daniels available. Bad luck for me, but I wanted to see it on the field.

He had just the one catch for a TD when I wrote it, I didn't know he was going to blow up fantasy wise in the first half.

That's how it goes sometimes, can't always get the FA or Waiver wire Gold. I had seen and read about him but didn't make a move before the game, no one else did either. It's a long season there will be other guys who step up. I should handily win my week 1 matchup so no worries. Usually takes a game or two to see how the ball distribution works in an offense. Denver is going to be tough to defend so many weapons.

That's how it goes sometimes, can't always get the FA or Waiver wire Gold. I had seen and read about him but didn't make a move before the game, no one else did either. It's a long season there will be other guys who step up. I should handily win my week 1 matchup so no worries. Usually takes a game or two to see how the ball distribution works in an offense. Denver is going to be tough to defend so many weapons.

Here's my 2 cents. Take it for its worth. I might counter to try and get McFadden. Reason is I like him more than Matthews although I understand the big risk regarding both. Matthews just seems to be all hype every yr and no production. At least with McFadden u know he will produce when on the field as he's the only weapon for Oakland. Also as much as Finley has burned me a lot in the past call me crazy to think he will produce really well this yr. I have 2 reasons for thinking this. 1)contract yr and dude has made it really public he wants to be paid like a WR and 2) Jennings and driver are gone so he will be much more involved in the offense

I wouldn't...

roster_zpse8d759fb.jpg

Probably wouldn't do this trade.

I just have to share... The guy with Manning in my league benched him last night! LOL

OUCH though I can understand the logic going in he's an unknown with potential, I'm sure most people didn't figure he'd blow up last night. That said I'd be ticked at myself for not starting him.

I ended up declining the trade, and stated that I felt it would weaken my RB's for a marginal upgrade at TE. I may still revisit this and make a multi player trade involving a swap of Mathews for McFadden. I'm also looking at other trade options with other teams to boost my RB and TE depth.