Baltimore vs Denver Game

Daventry

I was not surprised to see Denver beat Baltimore soundly; Baltimore was lucky to win the SB IMO, they were high on the Ray Lewis retirement and won on adrenaline and luck....they are a good team but not SB material, certainly are in for a fall down this year.

It was interesting to see the old Bear Corey Graham starting for them; I wish we could have kept him as I thought he was an excellent player for us and somehow was in Lovie's doghouse.

What does everyone think of the game? Manning is quite the QB, they surely are going to the SB this year, at least the playoffs, very good looking team.

The Ravens secondary is awful. Playing a Raiders bust instead of the very talented Matt Elam is a mistake. This is a rebuild on the fly; why not play a guy who has drawn comparisons to Ed Reed?

Manning may be the greatest ever. If he gets another ring, I'd say that it assures it.

I do disagree that the Ravens were lucky that year. Winning a ring takes luck, whether it's the Ravens last year or NYG sneaking in and somehow beating the 18-0 Patriots. The Colts were lucky to beat the Bears. Benson hurt himself, the D started missing tackles and the playcalling was horrendous.

I wouldn't give Baltimore too much criticism. Payton Manning is Payton Manning. He has more talent around him on offense than he has ever had. They also have a really good defense. It won't show statistically this year, because of how productive their offense will be.

The Ravens weren't good last year because of Ray Lewis or anything about him. They have a great system that brings in good players year after year. Flacco's contract, winning the super bowl, and so on left them to losing a bunch of players.

That's why this year is big for the Bears. They have an improved offense that could be better than the Ravens last year. They have a defense that could be better than the Ravens last year. However, they will lose a lot of players like the Ravens did this year, at the end of the year due to the cap.

Manning is a beast, and he really seemed to have many options when looking to pass. The guy from the Patriots looks like he will have a big year there, although he did drop a punt and a couple of passes I seem to recall.

I would not say they were "lucky" in winning the Super Bowl, just that they were playing over their heads a bit due to the Lewis retirement IMO....

And I agree that the club is extremely well run and get the most with their available players; I guess they did not have an option but to pay Flacco but I am not sure he will turn out to be worth all of the money spent, especially considering what they had to lose to afford to pay him so much.