Targets

adam

http://www.kffl.com/fantasy-football/targets/index.php

Targets - Receptions

Marshall: 28 - 20

Jeffery: 21 - 13

Forte: 21 - 19

M. Bennett: 20 - 12

Marshall is 22nd in the league for targets thru 3 games. Forte leads all RB's with 19 Receptions. It is really nice to see Jeffery and a real TE on that list. This diversity really makes it hard to target one guy. At least we can say Trestman is channeling his inner TalkBears and listening to our advice on spreading the ball around.

That's virtually a dream distribution...

Targets - Receptions

Marshall is 22nd in the league for targets thru 3 games. Forte leads all RB's with 19 Receptions. It is really nice to see Jeffery and a real TE on that list. This diversity really makes it hard to target one guy. At least we can say Trestman is channeling his inner TalkBears and listening to our advice on spreading the ball around.

Targets - Receptions

Yeah, I'm sure it was the shrillness of this site's whiny crybabies that brought him around. Otherwise all the game plans would've been was passes to Marshall and punts.

I still think the ball needs to be spread around to more receivers. Only targeting 5 players on offense isn't enough. Other guys need to get into the fold. For comparison purposes, the Packers and Lions have targeted 11 different receivers already, the Broncos have targeted 10, and the Saints 9. So while the Bears have done better not focusing on Marshall all the time like last year, they still need more guys getting involved.

I still think the ball needs to be spread around to more receivers. Only targeting 5 players on offense isn't enough. Other guys need to get into the fold. For comparison purposes, the Packers and Lions have targeted 11 different receivers already, the Broncos have targeted 10, and the Saints 9. So while the Bears have done better not focusing on Marshall all the time like last year, they still need more guys getting involved.

Well, I don't really see it that way. For one the Bears aren't a running back by committee team. So, we have one stud in Forte who does it all, most of the time. The Broncos rotate backs in all day long, the Packers have had RB's in and out all season due to injury. So obviously from that one position they'd have more opportunity to have more guys catching the ball.

I'd like to see a fullback pass every now and again, they can be very effective. I have no idea if Fiammetta has good hands. A lot of his time is spent opening holes for Forte and being an insurance policy for our newly minted O Line. Once again, pretty easy to understand why he isn't in the mix.

Bush is on the field, generally, for short yardage or to give Forte a break. In three games he hasn't caught a pass but that could just be because Forte is getting a huge share of the PT.

It appears our two backup TE's have brick hands. I don't want Jay forcing the ball to them. He tried it once, guess what?

So in short, I'm not concerned about our O throwing the ball only to 5 receivers thus far this year. Marshall has only led the team in receptions once. Forte once and Jeffrey once. In other words, we're taking what the D is giving us. Three different opponents, three different receptions leaders. All five have caught at least one ball in all of those games and in most cases (13 of 15) it's two or more. As of today, we aren't a team that goes to a four/five WR set, we don't have the horses. Over time we may develop some of the guys we have today for that or we'll draft or hire more talent going forward. Rome wasn't built in a day.

I don't think it's something to be too worried about yet unless it keeps up over the course of the next few weeks, but it's worth pointing out. Personally, I'd still like to see what Joe Anderson and Marquess Wilson (If he ever is activated) have to offer in the passing game. The more weapons out there for Cutler to throw to, the better.