Izzy helped the Lions realize the D's play calls?

'TD'

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown...55772--nfl.html

Chicago Bears players say former teammate Israel Idonije was feeding Detroit Lions their defensive calls

Eric Edholm 5 hours ago Shutdown Corner

View gallery

(USA Today Sports Imaghes)

Stealing signs, as Spygate taught us, is not just a baseball thing. And it's common that when a team faces one of its former longtime players, it will change up its terminology slightly just so that player's new team can't gain an advantage.

Well, the Chicago Bears seem to think that defensive end Israel Idonije, now with the Detroit Lions, tipped his new team off about what defensive schemes the Bears were running.

[]

Truth. The Bears decided to keep Lovie Smith's old system intact despite a new coordinator in Mel Tucker, and they allowed Idonije walk to Detroit without too much of a fight. Not only was Idonije a very smart player — clearly — but he also was very popular in the Bears' locker room.

That is, until he may or may not have tipped off his new team. His new first-place team, that is.

Reggie Bush was a huge difference maker Sunday, and it's interesting to think if Sunday's intelligence had any bearing on the Lions' 40-32 victory. It certainly couldn't have hurt, as this clip demonstrates shows just how good Bush was.

Tucker did say he wanted to keep the same lingo so... What sounded like a solid idea to help the players adjust to him and life without Lovie could have back fired.

Yea, last week they were talking about it. They said that since the players were so used to their system, he learned the terminology they were used to instead of implementing his own. He was getting praised for it at the time.

How do you explain the three interceptions and fumble for a TD committed by Cutler? Izzy have something to do with that?

The D hasn't been as dominant so far. Cinncinnati and Minny were both able to have long and sustained drives with relative ease. It might have helped a little of what Idonije knew, but not enough to decide the game. Bush is a good player plain and simple. As are Johnson and Stafford.

I think there is some merit in what the players think. They have been pretty stout against the run. Despite today's abysmal preformance, the Bears are still 13th against the run after holding Peterson to only 3.8 yards per carry, 3.0 to Cincy and 3.8 to the Steelers.

Where the bears have really struggled is in the passing game.They have not only averaged the sixth worst per attempt, but also have let up the the second most passing plays for over 20 yards. I'm sure a lot of this can be attributed to the defense having the 3rd worst sack total with six in 4 games.

The Bears have been opportunistic a league leading 14 take aways. It's helped mask the deficiencies in the secondary and the defensive line. Yes, Cutler had a horrible game and Bush may be a good player, but I wouldn't sour on the Bears linebackers and run D just yet. It's been the one of the few things the Bears D has done well up to this point.

I think there is some merit in what the players think. They have been pretty stout against the run. Despite today's abysmal preformance, the Bears are still 13th against the run after holding Peterson to only 3.8 yards per carry, 3.0 to Cincy and 3.8 to the Steelers.

Where the bears have really struggled is in the passing game.They have not only averaged the sixth worst per attempt, but also have let up the the second most passing plays for over 20 yards. I'm sure a lot of this can be attributed to the defense having the 3rd worst sack total with six in 4 games.

The Bears have been opportunistic a league leading 14 take aways. It's helped mask the deficiencies in the secondary and the defensive line. Yes, Cutler had a horrible game and Bush may be a good player, but I wouldn't sour on the Bears linebackers and run D just yet. It's been the one of the few things the Bears D has done well up to this point.

I think part of the problem we had yesterday was moving Paea to 3 tech, and moving Collins to nose tackle. It changed two positions, where as Paea was playing well, now he got put in a position he didnt play well at. We need to leave him at NT and play with the 3 tech position. We weaken two positions instead of just the one.

I tend to believe this a lot more:

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/football/be...ed-players.html

Consider the comment in there that the Dline believes they may have been tipping off the stunts by their alignment or where they were looking before the snap. Something changed in the second half because they played much better and Izzy was still "reading" their signals.

So bottom line, who cares? What does it really matter? Izzy is a good player, most of us here wish now (especially in hindsight) he would've stayed in Chicago. Cutler played like crap as did most of the rest of the team and Detroit won. The D-line has not been much a factor for the last four games so whatever Izzy did or didn't know should not have made a difference, if they were playing all out great.

Conversely, the theory that Kromer gives our team an advantage with NO because he worked there for so long is equally ludicrous. Does Bushrod know all the weaknesses and tendancies of their Oline? Enough to give our D-line the "upper hand"? So what if he does? NO is a better team, I would say 'better coached' team with a higer caliber QB running the show. What we may or may not have in "insider knowledge" will mean little....if nothing.