Pot calling the kettle black

Alaskan Grizzly

He is just a rich guy , do you honestly think he knows what he is talking about.

One might think he is qualified to know what a thug is since he lives in Detroit. That he employs a player voted by the NFL players as the dirtiest in the league should also give him a clue. Perhaps because he sees thugs all around him he assumes the Bears have the same type of players.

Actually the phrase "the pot calling the kettle black" implies that they are BOTH the same, in this case both thugs. And while I appreciate the irony given that Detroit is one of the dirtiest teams in the league, I am not willing to make that point while also saying the Bears are dirty, cuz they're not.

I see a hard hitting aggressive team that plays within the rules. I don't see cheap shots from this team. I see fierce competitors. You probably didnt mean that when you started this thread, just the irony of Ford's statement, still i thought I'd make the point :)

Actually the phrase "the pot calling the kettle black" implies that they are BOTH the same, in this case both thugs. And while I appreciate the irony given that Detroit is one of the dirtiest teams in the league, I am not willing to make that point while also saying the Bears are dirty, cuz they're not.

I see a hard hitting aggressive team that plays within the rules. I don't see cheap shots from this team. I see fierce competitors. You probably didnt mean that when you started this thread, just the irony of Ford's statement, still i thought I'd make the point :)

Thank you for the contextual reference. I was quite sure that what I meant was indeed ironic. When the phrase was used it was 'tongue in cheek' which I can't actually do because I'm typing. :huh: