Josh Gordon available

Bears4Ever_34

The Browns are supposedly shopping him for whatever reason. I understood dealing Richardson for a draft pick because of the position he plays, but Gordon is your star 22 year old WR who's probably going to be better than anything you get for him in return. They're asking for a 2nd round draft pick, but likely will only get a 3rd. You already know I'm going to ask it. Would you give up a 3rd round pick for someone like Gordon?

Yeah, the likelihood of the Bears being interested is about slim and none. If they are going to make deals, you'd sooner guess it's for a position of greater need like DT, but the question at hand is would YOU do it? I haven't made up my mind yet. I want to say yes, but I also see all the reasons why they shouldn't do it.

Pro's:

- Adds an element to the offense they don't currently have, which is the speed and homerun hitting ability.

- He fits right along with Marshall and Jeffery in terms of physique, but brings the speed that those two don't have. 6'3 225 with 4.3 speed. They would easily have the most physically imposing group of WR's in the league, as well as a top 3 core overall.

- He's only 22, so he's practically about as young as any other potential draft pick

- He makes your offense better and less predictable

Con's:

- More of a luxury at this point than a true need.

- Marshall might go nuts if he sees even less targets.

- You don't know what you have yet in Marquess Wilson potentially filling this void.

- Future cap considerations. Lots and lots of money would need to be spent on the WR position to secure these guys.

The Browns are supposedly shopping him for whatever reason. I understood dealing Richardson for a draft pick because of the position he plays, but Gordon is your star 22 year old WR who's probably going to be better than anything you get for him in return. They're asking for a 2nd round draft pick, but likely will only get a 3rd. You already know I'm going to ask it. Would you give up a 3rd round pick for someone like Gordon?

Yeah, the likelihood of the Bears being interested is about slim and none. If they are going to make deals, you'd sooner guess it's for a position of greater need like DT, but the question at hand is would YOU do it? I haven't made up my mind yet. I want to say yes, but I also see all the reasons why they shouldn't do it.

Pro's:

- Adds an element to the offense they don't currently have, which is the speed and homerun hitting ability.

- He fits right along with Marshall and Jeffery in terms of physique, but brings the speed that those two don't have. 6'3 225 with 4.3 speed. They would easily have the most physically imposing group of WR's in the league, as well as a top 3 core overall.

- He's only 22, so he's practically about as young as any other potential draft pick

Con's:

- You don't know what you have yet in Marquess Wilson potentially filling this void.

- Future cap considerations. Lots and lots of money would need to be spent on the WR position to secure these guys.

The Browns were originally shopping everybody, but since they have went 3-0 since getting rid of TRich, I dont think that is happening anymore. If we are going to trade for anybody it wont be another WR. Of course we could use a speedy WR but way to many other weak spots for a team to even give WR a second thought. They traded for another first rounder to put themselves in the position to get a franchise QB in the draft. Trading for a 3rd pick doesnt make any sense anymore.

I prefer to just draft a speed WR this offseason. Before we make that decision I also want to see how the WR corps is with Wilson on the field. He is quicker and faster than Earl Bennett and that might be enough to fill the gap we need (a WR who can get deep faster).

If he were a DT, I'd think about it...otherwise, it's really not needed.

Pro's:

Con's: