Tucker Creativity

AZ54

We're going to see more of this and that's one reason why, just 5 games into a new regime, I like our coaches. We haven't yet put together a complete game but I see signs throughout the games we can adjust to what is happening and put players in a position to win the down. Here Tucker is changing up how we use Shea to take advantage of the skills he offers versus a typical DE. Although it's not in the video linked below, we don't have to go into a 3-4 D to utilitize some of the concepts that defense often employs such as zone blitzes.

http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/vid...6f-f45efefa2a70

We're going to see more of this and that's one reason why, just 5 games into a new regime, I like our coaches. We haven't yet put together a complete game but I see signs throughout the games we can adjust to what is happening and put players in a position to win the down. Here Tucker is changing up how we use Shea to take advantage of the skills he offers versus a typical DE. Although it's not in the video linked below, we don't have to go into a 3-4 D to utilitize some of the concepts that defense often employs such as zone blitzes.

http://www.chicagobears.com/multimedia/vid...6f-f45efefa2a70

I couldn't get this to play but I think it may have been the same (or similar) video I saw where Tom Thayer is talking about Shea McClellin and how best he could be used? Watching this video reinforces some of what I saw in the game last week. That being SMC isn't that far off in being a big factor on the defense. He was getting decent pass rushes and has been doing so for most of this year. In one of the three examples I saw Thayer show the defense actually looked very much like a 3-4 scheme but with Wright or Frey (couldn't remember if it was 21 or 31) lined up in what would be the LOLB position. SMC was upright in the ROLB position and got a pretty good rush to Brees. Thayer's observations appeared to lean towards the idea of allowing SMC to be in a two pt stance more often than the 3 pt as that lends more towards his skillset. I would have to agree.