Marvin Austin anyone?

madlithuanian

Saw one of the comments about this guy being "Haynesworth" -like. That would concern me. But, like UB said, if the money was right. Surely he wants to contribute....somewhere.

Haynesworth like? Then no.

I would be interested to see who are the DTs on their practice squad.

Peace :dabears

Jay Ratliff was released today, Martellus Bennett seems to think bringing him in is a good idea.

@MartysaurusRex: Yo @JayRat90 holla at me. You'll look good in navy and orange.

You bother with these types of guys because, why not? They're probably better than the guys on the streets.

Jay Ratliff was released today, Martellus Bennett seems to think bringing him in is a good idea.

@MartysaurusRex: Yo @JayRat90 holla at me. You'll look good in navy and orange.

You bother with these types of guys because, why not? They're probably better than the guys on the streets.

He might have some valve, which others may think also that could drive the price up. Before injuries he was quite good.

Jay Ratliff isn't healthy enough to play right now, and quite possibly at any point during the season because of the serious injury he's still recovering from. We are talking muscle ripped off bone type of stuff. I don't really see him as a fit here anyways. Not sure how much you'd get out of a 32 year old 3-4 nose tackle on the downside of his career.

Jay Ratliff isn't healthy enough to play right now, and quite possibly at any point during the season because of the serious injury he's still recovering from. We are talking muscle ripped off bone type of stuff. I don't really see him as a fit here anyways. Not sure how much you'd get out of a 32 year old 3-4 nose tackle on the downside of his career.

You are right about the injury, but he could easily play the 3 tech position.

Martellus Bennett ‏@MartysaurusRex 16 Oct

"@BradleyBananas: @MartysaurusRex he’s all sorts of injured lol" don't believe everything you read.

According to Marty, he must not be as injured as we think. I mean supposedly the reason he got released was for failing a physical, so the question is, why was he taking a physical week 7 if he's expected to be out the whole year?

As far as him not fitting, I disagree, at least to the extent that I think he'll be better than anything they can get off the street. As far as him being a 3-4 nose tackle, at 6'4" 302 he's not your typical 3-4 NT.

When Dallas removed Rob Ryan from his defensive coordinator position and brought Monte Kiffin in from the college level, Rat was expected to be a big contributor at the 3-technique tackle position. However, when training camp opened up in July, he showed up with a hamstring injury that would cost him the first six weeks of the season.