Conte sucks

jason

When will Conte get benched. He played fairly well last year so sit him and let him think about what he needs to do better. Mind you not impressed with back ups either. Merriweather was bad today but at least he is in position to make a bone head play. Conte looks like he is so frightened of being beat that he bails out and then gets beat anyway. One thing you could say about Movie is that if a player flat out played badly he would get benched, I hope Mel Tucker will let players know that poor play will get punished by sitting on the bench.

Disappointed that Tillman and Briggs couldn't play the last series with having 2 weeks to rest until the next game. Just having Briggs call plays and at 50% would have been better than Contazo being out there.

Great call and execution on onside kick really unlucky and picky call by officials.

Can't play the fade, can't tackle, can't lay a hit in the goal line, and can't play centerfield.

He has been one of the biggest reasons this defense has struggled and given up so many big plays. I don't know what the hell happened between this year and last year but he has been absolutely abysmal. The biggest reason our defense has sucked have been the injuries to the interior line and the lack of a pass rush.

Despite this awful performance on D, i actually thought the D played better then it had most of the year at times but they made some really costly mistakes. I am so freaking pissed right now. Bright side is Briggs, Tillman, and Cutler should really benefit from the bye (some for Brandon Marshall).

He has been one of the biggest reasons this defense has struggled and given up so many big plays. I don't know what the hell happened between this year and last year but he has been absolutely abysmal. The biggest reason our defense has sucked have been the injuries to the interior line and the lack of a pass rush.

Despite this awful performance on D, i actually thought the D played better then it had most of the year at times but they made some really costly mistakes. I am so freaking pissed right now. Bright side is Briggs, Tillman, and Cutler should really benefit from the bye (some for Brandon Marshall).

When would that be? I thought it was easily their worst defensive performance of the year.

Early in the game they were penetrating and making some nice plays on D. As the game went on it got worse and worse. The D has had quite a few performances that were pretty terrible this year.

I though Bass had a few nice pressures, but other than that, they got man handled by the read option and Jordan Reed in the passing game. In my opinion, this was their worst performance on D, followed by the Lions game.

I thought front 7 played well and improved play from front 4 but with appalling safety play the d looked terrible. Just a bit better coverage and the dline would have got to RG3. With the cheese heads being 14-3 up at the half I am really pissed tonight. Only bright spot is Lions lost. Hopefully when I wake up tomorrow the Browns will have beaten Green Bay.

Perhaps you and I are the only ones who saw some of those plays Bostic made in the backfield for a loss. 6 tackles is not a bad way to start his career as a starter. I know it wasn't all good for him, especially early on, but once he sorted out his keys on their running plays he showed up. I'm very optimistic on his future for us.

Wootton, playing out of position, impacted quite a few plays although his stat line doesn't reflect that. I even thought McClellin impacted a few plays as well. Cohen and Bass showed up a few times in the backfield as well but none of the Dline play was consistent enough. Peppers is not impacting plays. Even if you don't make a tackle you expect to see him get some penetration to break up a play. DT and DE is going to be a big focus this offseason.

I give the Redskins credit for going to a no-huddle offense late in the game when we had two rookies at LB. Without Briggs to get players aligned quickly that was very effective.

...and he's shrinking. He literally looks smaller every week...

in other news water is wet... Safety is a huge void in our D. Conte seems to be getting worse, always seems to be late getting over to the play, doesn't look like he knows where he's supposed to be. Oh how I miss the Parish/Brown combo.... too bad that didn't last long.