Food for thought

Stinger226

Seems like solid logical guesswork.

What about SS or FS? Or do they not go into the 4th-7th rounds?

With the off week and injuries I looked at the 2014 draft.

Walters has us drafting a CB.DT,then a QB names Fales from SJS.

A west coast type QB: accurate, decent arm, some mobilty.

Sounds like they got the positions right, the QB sounds interesting.

What about SS or FS?

Peanut is the answer. If not I'd like them to entertain the idea of getting a veteran in the backfield. Not really sure why other than having this eery feeling that the rest of the D is going to get young fast. Maybe one of the Cromarties or Rolles? Or make a blockbuster trade for Patrick Peterson and convert him? Also addresss the return duties to replace Hester?

Peanut is the answer. If not I'd like them to entertain the idea of getting a veteran in the backfield. Not really sure why other than having this eery feeling that the rest of the D is going to get young fast. Maybe one of the Cromarties or Rolles? Or make a blockbuster trade for Patrick Peterson and convert him? Also addresss the return duties to replace Hester?

I agree with Peanut as FS, resign Jennings, and draft a starter with the first round. With so many roster spots to fill no way that were making some big trade. I dont see us getting rid of any of our draft picks either. I think we draft some needs, sign some mid level veterans and this a bunch of minimal pays guys like this year. I would like us to resign Slausson(have him play center), Anderson,Jenning, Collins. Get rid of Peppers, Hester, I think Briggs has one year left.

Why would we do that? Peterson is a great athlete but he is not a great cover corner. Not yet but I think he'll get there. Anyway you're proposing we give up a lot of our draft picks so we can force him to change positions to something he's never done. He's better than our corners but isn't worth giving up that much.

Why would we do that? Peterson is a great athlete but he is not a great cover corner. Not yet but I think he'll get there. Anyway you're proposing we give up a lot of our draft picks so we can force him to change positions to something he's never done. He's better than our corners but isn't worth giving up that much.

Our picks for next year are a total of 7: we traded a 7th away but received a 6th from TB for Carmi.

I think depending on how the draft falls we need: 1st-CB or DT

2nd DT or CB

3rd QB or SS

4th SS or QB

5th DT or CB

6th CB or FS

6ht FS or CB

More or less just throwing it our there but ok, move Peanut to Safety then Peterson to CB. He's multi-dimensional (can do ST returns) and as you said "can get better" at coverage and is "better than our [current] corners". All the more reason to try and make a deal. And I wouldn't think youd need to give up "picks" per se, just one. Most here are suggesting draft a CB anyhow ....

More or less just throwing it our there but ok, move Peanut to Safety then Peterson to CB. He's multi-dimensional (can do ST returns) and as you said "can get better" at coverage and is "better than our [current] corners". All the more reason to try and make a deal. And I wouldn't think youd need to give up "picks" per se, just one. Most here are suggesting draft a CB anyhow ....

I can buy the we need thing, worth a high pick to get him but why would Az trade him? He is young talented, CBs dont grow on trees. A time that passing is taking over the league, Im sure AZ would love to just give him away.

I can buy the we need thing, worth a high pick to get him but why would Az trade him? He is young talented, CBs dont grow on trees. A time that passing is taking over the league, Im sure AZ would love to just give him away.

Yeah not a probability especially given his talent. But you never know, teams like AZ are in more 'need' mode than the Bears are so sometimes you can thread something worthwhile together.

It was just a thought. Long week until next Monday. I'll be spending mine (week) in SC. Long travel day ahead. Ugh!