QB Draft

AZ54

A QB I watched play last week and was impressed with his ability to throw the ball. He's not mobile and may not have the deep ball arm strength so he might drop a bit in the draft. Yet his abillty to hit receivers in stride in the short to intermediate game is very good.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-dra...ails-to-deliver

A QB I watched play last week and was impressed with his ability to throw the ball. He's not mobile and may not have the deep ball arm strength so he might drop a bit in the draft. Yet his abillty to hit receivers in stride in the short to intermediate game is very good.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-dra...ails-to-deliver

Good to give us people to look at I wouldnt have normally found on my own. thanks

Mannion is a statue. You listed the exact reasons why he would not be a good pick, not mobile and no arm strength.

We run a west-coast offense predicated on quick releases. He can do that and I think his arm strength is better than he's given credit for.

We run a west-coast offense predicated on quick releases. He can do that and I think his arm strength is better than he's given credit for.

That's true. I am sure Trestman and Emery already have someone in mind to draft in the next year or two.

I'm sure Emery and Trestman do have some guys on their radar. What I'm really liking over the last two/three weeks with McCown in there performing well, is that For the first time in a long time I don't feel a QB drafted is a wasted pick even if Cutler comes back and plays well enough to earn an extension. I feel like this staff is capable of developing the next guy in line after Cutler is done in Chicago whether that's next year or 4-5 years from now or so. One of the comments McCown said heading in was he feels he is more prepared to play than he's ever been here. The difference this year vs the last time he had to come in and start in place of Cutler is night and day. It was a freeking train wreck the last time, which is why most of us felt all was lost when Jay went down in Washington. I feel like we are creating a system where QB's can thrive and succeed rather than fail epically.