stop gap: asomugha?

Lucky Luciano

the niners cut asomugha or will soon. he is 32 years old but still could possibly contribute to our defense.

put him in at CB and move peanut to FS. he has to have better speed than an injured peanut and we could move peanut to free safety where his lack of speed would not be as critical.

if i was emery i would take a long look at this guy.

He never played the run very well when he was in his prime why would that be different now when he's also not playing the pass very well? Two moves in the middle of the season likely takes away one strength (Peanut covering the edge and his run support) and creates two weaknesses. Give Peanut and off-season to practice at FS then I'm good with him there. I see no reason to sign Asomugha.

He never played the run very well when he was in his prime why would that be different now when he's also not playing the pass very well? Two moves in the middle of the season likely takes away one strength (Peanut covering the edge and his run support) and creates two weaknesses. Give Peanut and off-season to practice at FS then I'm good with him there. I see no reason to sign Asomugha.

i don't see being able to cover the run very well is a main requirement (other than in lovies cover nobody) in a cover corner.

he 'had' the speed and coverage ability to bump and run with #1 wideouts. that is what i want in a corner. someone who can play man coverage off the LOS. he has no injuries i know of and would be worth the gamble as a stop gap corner for the price he will garner this season.

quite frankly peanut never had that speed (his sole purpose when drafted was to cover the large receivers like moss and the big guy from the packers) and it is very clear that this season with the age, groin and knee injury it's not getting any better.

to compensate for that a move to safety would immensely improve his game. he is smart, has a lot of experience and is somewhat a team captain for the DB's. i see NO problem for him to become a safety. in fact i believe that was his original position in college so it's not like he couldn't figure it out.

we 'should' improve at the cb position. i can't really think of anyone on the bench that could come close to his talent even if he is a shadow of his former self.

with peanut at safety no matter how poor he might play there is no way in hell he is worse than either of our starters. as a roaming free safety he should enforce our last stop defense on the field with great tackling and the ability to double up a weaker cb.

to me it's win/win

Passing Rk/ Team /G Pts/G TotPts/ Comp/ Att/ Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G /TD/ Int /1st /1st%/ Lng 20+/ 40+ /Sck /Rate

23/ Chicago Bears /8 /28.2 /226/ 164/ 250 / 65.6/ 31.2 / 2,029/ 8.5 / 253.6/ 11/ 11 / 91 / 36.4 / 45T /35 4 / 14 / 88.5

The 23rd best pass defense, good pass coverage that does not make. Not sure what game that other teams have had a hard time completing passes to their receivers.

Passing Rk/ Team /G Pts/G TotPts/ Comp/ Att/ Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G /TD/ Int /1st /1st%/ Lng 20+/ 40+ /Sck /Rate

23/ Chicago Bears /8 /28.2 /226/ 164/ 250 / 65.6/ 31.2 / 2,029/ 8.5 / 253.6/ 11/ 11 / 91 / 36.4 / 45T /35 4 / 14 / 88.5

The 23rd best pass defense, good pass coverage that does not make. Not sure what game that other teams have had a hard time completing passes to their receivers.

If that was in response to my post check out my wording... "finding it hard to be covered" as in nobody is covering them.