Bears sign CB Derrick Martin

madlithuanian

I would have to ask some of the same questions as some of the comments. How about Ed Reed (at safety) or Asohmgua? Would either cost too much? Not as enthused by Reed now that it appears he's at the tail end of career but would he be better than Conte?

I've got to imagine those guys are still on the street for some reason...

I'm no fan of Conte...but I think I'd rather just give Steltz a whirl.

I would have to ask some of the same questions as some of the comments. How about Ed Reed (at safety) or Asohmgua? Would either cost too much? Not as enthused by Reed now that it appears he's at the tail end of career but would he be better than Conte?

I'D LOVE THE ED REED SIGNING.

End of his career or not, it was just last year (LAST YEAR!) that he was considered one of the best safeties in the NFL. Good enough to get a multi-year, multi-million dollar contract from the Texans.

I've got to imagine those guys are still on the street for some reason...

I'm no fan of Conte...but I think I'd rather just give Steltz a whirl.

Reed is on the street because he threw his coach under the bus. That's basically it.

I'D LOVE THE ED REED SIGNING.

End of his career or not, it was just last year (LAST YEAR!) that he was considered one of the best safeties in the NFL. Good enough to get a multi-year, multi-million dollar contract from the Texans.

Reed is on the street because he threw his coach under the bus. That's basically it.

I have always been a fan of Reed's. Playability or no, I think he could contribute if for nothing else as a veteran in a rapidly depleting defense. And for what it's worth, I think the only coach he really 'threw under the bus' was Interim HC Phillips. I think it safe to say Phillips really isn't all that great a coach. Recall his years with Dallas? Reed probably wasn't all that far off in his "out coached" statement. I just think the timing was really bad....with Kubiak down and Phillps' dad Bum passing the week before. A lot of raw nerves there.

So the question to ask, would a team be responsible for any or all of the remaining years on Reed's three year deal? 15 million total? I think Houston is on the hook for this year, which would help Chicago but perhaps I'm way off(???)

Need not worry, he's a Jet now. :P

I have always been a fan of Reed's. Playability or no, I think he could contribute if for nothing else as a veteran in a rapidly depleting defense. And for what it's worth, I think the only coach he really 'threw under the bus' was Interim HC Phillips. I think it safe to say Phillips really isn't all that great a coach. Recall his years with Dallas? Reed probably wasn't all that far off in his "out coached" statement. I just think the timing was really bad....with Kubiak down and Phillps' dad Bum passing the week before. A lot of raw nerves there.

So the question to ask, would a team be responsible for any or all of the remaining years on Reed's three year deal? 15 million total? I think Houston is on the hook for this year, which would help Chicago but perhaps I'm way off(???)