What I saw in the Rams loss...

madlithuanian

Gotta say I agree. I made the same observation during the game thread. I was much more frustrated then but the players killed themselves, not the refs. I would normally agree with Cracker that the calls were horse pucky but this trend of negating scoring due to penalties has been on a trend these last few games. I know it happened against Detroit and pretty sure it happened (or at least stopped a drive) against Baltimore.

If I believe the referees are conspiring against the Bears then that was an alien ship I saw hovering over my house the other day. But more than likely its just pure undiscipline on the part of the Bears. Like I said in the game thread, they don't deserve to win any further unless they clean this crap up.

I think there are potential calls to be made on damn near every play in the NFL. They pick and choose and sometimes they see things and sometimes they don't. I never saw the replay on the Hester return, if there was something to be called there, so be it. And yes, the team played sloppy, as Jason said, and probably deserved some of what they got. It's just that when everything seems to be going one way, call after call, there's a legit reason for a fan to get frustrated. Particularly when I saw the refs blow several offensive holding calls (that would've benefitted the Bears) go uncalled.

Frankly though, there is a reason to be concerned with the undisciplined nature of this team. As I mentioned earlier. Not sure where to point the finger there.

I think there are potential calls to be made on damn near every play in the NFL. Particularly when I saw the refs blow several offensive holding calls (that would've benefitted the Bears) go uncalled.

You're absolutely right. Offensive and defensive holding goes on EVERY play during a game, especially in the trenches. Its been this way for years. The calls that seem to gain noteriety are the one's that are near or at the 'point of attack'. Like Bennet's block to back as Forte scooted by for a TD is pretty obvious, as was Bushrod's near choke out with his right arm when McCown threw a TD around the same time. Calls of this nature are hard to miss.

Frankly though, there is a reason to be concerned with the undisciplined nature of this team. As I mentioned earlier. Not sure where to point the finger there.

I agree and first the buck stops with Trestman. He needs to figure out how to address and put an end to it. The other aspect is the lack ... or less... of leadership in either squad. On D its pretty safe to assume that had Urlacher been playing he would have been able to get people in their proper spots and chastised them when they consistently caused a penatly...hello Bowman and Conte!!!! I swear if I see one more lob over Conte's head without him looking back!!!!! :stick

On the offensive side I would think not having Cutler in may be an issue. I don't know that McCown is as much the disciplinarian. Weirdly enough the time in yesterday's game when Mills' shoe came off reminded me of last year when Webb did it and Cutler had to call a timeout to address it. Not sure how Cutler's presence would have changed things...more just an observation. But I'm not sure that Marshall, Forte, Bennett are leaders in the true sense of the word. I do see Garza trying but he's got his hands full with the o-line, especially the rooks.

While I copmletely agree that there is no conspiracy...I do feel we are one of the least respected teams from an officiating standpoint. The media starts it by constantly poo-pooing us. People begin to believe the hype. Brady gets calls. Jay, not as much.

Did you see last night's game when Brady didn't get the call he thought should have been called on Kendricks? He was about to piss himself he was screaming so much. And there were tons of 'missed calls' against Talib in his coverage of Thomas. And lest I forget the week before on the late game interception against Carolina. I think Brady was more than a little miffed in his not getting his way.

I wish I did! Sounded like an amazing game. After the loss, I shut the TV off and proceeded to grill, smoke cigars and drink Scotch with my buddy...trying to get the bad taste of the loss out of it all!

Did you see last night's game when Brady didn't get the call he thought should have been called on Kendricks? He was about to piss himself he was screaming so much. And there were tons of 'missed calls' against Talib in his coverage of Thomas. And lest I forget the week before on the late game interception against Carolina. I think Brady was more than a little miffed in his not getting his way.