The draft and trades

jason

I think the Bears front office needs to look long and hard at yesterday's film and think about next year. Sure, injuries killed the Bears, but the players in the game were pretty bad. That got me to thinking about a fix...

What players could be traded, and what would the Bears get in return? I'd love to see multiple trades to stock up on draft picks so the Bears can try to get a playmaking DE and Safety in this year's draft.

Does anyone have a good idea about who could be traded and what the Bears could get? Realistically?

I think the Bears front office needs to look long and hard at yesterday's film and think about next year. Sure, injuries killed the Bears, but the players in the game were pretty bad. That got me to thinking about a fix...

What players could be traded, and what would the Bears get in return? I'd love to see multiple trades to stock up on draft picks so the Bears can try to get a playmaking DE and Safety in this year's draft.

Does anyone have a good idea about who could be traded and what the Bears could get? Realistically?

Might be able to trade pepp but his salary makes that tough. Problem with what your suggesting is almost everyone is a FA at years end

Might be able to trade pepp but his salary makes that tough. Problem with what your suggesting is almost everyone is a FA at years end

And wasn't the trade deadline like almost 4 weeks ago?

If we "could" still trade some of our "talent", nobody would go for Pep because of his salary and savvy teams would understand he can be had next year for a FA signing. Hester might draw a 6th or later rounder from a team that needs a ST upgrade. There isn't much else to "sell" on the D and our O is pretty much a group of keepers, aside from Bush, and nobody would give us a 6 Pack for that turd.

And wasn't the trade deadline like almost 4 weeks ago?

If we "could" still trade some of our "talent", nobody would go for Pep because of his salary and savvy teams would understand he can be had next year for a FA signing. Hester might draw a 6th or later rounder from a team that needs a ST upgrade. There isn't much else to "sell" on the D and our O is pretty much a group of keepers, aside from Bush, and nobody would give us a 6 Pack for that turd.

Talking during off season. U might be able to trade pepp but I also said his salary will make that tough. Your right though any smart team will wait til we release him but u never know. A stupid team may offer something

The one trade I proposed weeks ago was to move SMC. He doesn't fit our scheme but he does fit a 3-4 defense. Get whatever you can for him and move on. There is no reason for anyone to trade for Peppers, his performance on the field doesn't warrant it much less his salary. I believe Hester is on the last leg of his deal and thus a FA but again there is nothing in his performance that would make anyone say let's go get him.

It is just time to bite the bullet and rebuild the D. Cut huge salaries like Peppers and take our cap hit now. As much as I like Peanut I'm not sure he'll be back but I'd like to see us find a nice middle ground and keep him. Briggs will be around, we need his leadership. Wootton as well, along with Jennings and the rookie LBs. After that is open IMO.

Jason is right, as bad as our DT issue is we really need a game changing DE and those are much harder to find. Change is on the horizon. It better be because watching a Bears team with no defense is not something I can tolerate.

What is crazy is that we have our DTs already on the roster. Melton, Collins, Ratliff, and Paea are a decent 4 Interior Line rotation (when healthy). If we keep Wootton and Bass, we just need to get a top flight DE for the other side. I too would cut Peppers and trade SMC. He has some value for teams playing the 3-4.

Peppers, SMC, Hester, Bush, Weems, Podlesh, E. Bennett, and Conte all should be gone. SMC seems to be a trade only candidate, while the others can be cut with some dead money.

According to Over the Cap, we currently have the 2nd lowest amount of salaries committed for 2014: http://overthecap.com/nfl-cap-space2.php?Year=2014

What is crazy is that we have our DTs already on the roster. Melton, Collins, Ratliff, and Paea are a decent 4 Interior Line rotation (when healthy). If we keep Wootton and Bass, we just need to get a top flight DE for the other side. I too would cut Peppers and trade SMC. He has some value for teams playing the 3-4.

Peppers, SMC, Hester, Bush, Weems, Podlesh, E. Bennett, and Conte all should be gone. SMC seems to be a trade only candidate, while the others can be cut with some dead money.

According to Over the Cap, we currently have the 2nd lowest amount of salaries committed for 2014: http://overthecap.com/nfl-cap-space2.php?Year=2014

We have Washington on the roster. I like his athleticism and he has the size to handle the run game just needs to develop. Very disappointing that we had to bring in Bass and now Cheta is ahead of him.

I don't think there will be any trades unless we can trade down and I don't think we will cut as many players either because our team is depleted with UFA's. The defense is struggling at the front 7 first, they over pursue and get swallowed. For this team to improve, we need 2 DTs and I wouldn't rule out another MLB because the 3 playing now have been horrible. I think Bostic will make a fine WLB, but not so sure about the MLB. I don't expect Melton back and would prefer we get bigger up front. I would love to see Nix or Hageman in rd1.

I don't think there will be any trades unless we can trade down and I don't think we will cut as many players either because our team is depleted with UFA's. The defense is struggling at the front 7 first, they over pursue and get swallowed. For this team to improve, we need 2 DTs and I wouldn't rule out another MLB because the 3 playing now have been horrible. I think Bostic will make a fine WLB, but not so sure about the MLB. I don't expect Melton back and would prefer we get bigger up front. I would love to see Nix or Hageman in rd1.

I'd have to squeegee the screen if the Bears selected Nix in the first. While I think the DT position is better than the DE position, I think that would go a long way towards shoring up the defense. It would improve Melton, the young LBs, and the DEs.

I love all the ideas I've read on this thread so far!

From a "fantasy" scenario...here's what could prove very interesting with the crux being a good over-hauil that may require a season to get it running smoothly... This is all just a fix to the defense.

D LINE

Cut Peppers, or hope he retires.

Move Wootten back to the outside

Re-sign Melton to a more cap friendly salary.

Keep Ratliff and the rest of the DT's to rotate assuming they perfrom fairly.

Keep Bass, and some fo the otherr depth guys at low prices.

Draft a stud End.

BACKERS

Trade Briggs. Get hopefully a 2nd.

Move Bostic to Weak or Strong depending. Same with Greene.

Draft a starter calibur MLB

SECONDARY

Move Peanut to S. Not sure if FS or SS. Keep one of the jabroni safties, Conte or Wright as lining up with Peanut. I don't believe their contracts are much.

Re-sign Jennings.

Leave Bowman for now.

Keep Frey and some of the other back-ups. Test Steltz at S.

Draft S and CB and hope one can pan out as a starter fast.

Next season, draft secondary high and DT high.

Just some Madden-esque thoughts...

The only person on our roster, other than Cutler, that we could get minimum a third for is likely Marshall. Also, I don't believe we could get a first for Cutty and IDT anyone on this team would trade him for second. Would you?

I'd love a draft of J. Football, Senseri(sp), and a actual pass rusher. A true MLB would be sweet too.

The only person on our roster, other than Cutler, that we could get minimum a third for is likely Marshall. Also, I don't believe we could get a first for Cutty and IDT anyone on this team would trade him for second. Would you?

I'd love a draft of J. Football, Senseri(sp), and a actual pass rusher. A true MLB would be sweet too.

Personally I want no part of manziel especially considering fact he's gonna a go rd 1. I have my doubts that he will be any good in the NFL. SBD no nothing is based on his immaturity. That stuff don't bother me