Texans fire Kubiak

adam

With Kubiak gone, it would seem like Lovie is a logical choice for the position. What do you guys think? They are a much better team than their record, and they pretty much have the #1 pick wrapped up. Seems like a great situation for a new coach as the team cannot perform any worse.

With Kubiak gone, it would seem like Lovie is a logical choice for the position. What do you guys think? They are a much better team than their record, and they pretty much have the #1 pick wrapped up. Seems like a great situation for a new coach as the team cannot perform any worse.

Guess that's what losing to Jacksonville gets you...

Had this happened two years ago…we'd have been in business and Lovie would have been HC, we could have hired Kubiak as OC. Someone will hire a great OC in Kubiak. Thankfully our offense is in good shape. Defense…well….I wish we could get Marinelli back or luck into a really good DC being available. Maybe the Texans will fire Wade Phillips. He'd be a great DC if the team did opt away from Tucker.

I give Tucker a pass for a lot of things, specifically the injuries, but the overall poor play and blown tackles, that I really have a hard time giving our coaching staff a pass for. I also will puke if Decammilis is still around. He's a freakin joke of a ST guy (and no freaking way should he be our assistant HC).

Try losing to them twice lol. I agree lovie makes sense. Team is built on Defense and running the ball plus its his home. Just makes perfect sense

Doesn't make sense to me. They currently have a better D coordinator in Wade Phillips. Why would they lessen their team by hiring Lovie? I would hire an offensive guy and keep Wade.

Lovie would be a logical choice especially being that he's from Texas. NFL Network speculated as much and threw in the idea of Cutler becoming the new QB if things broke down in Chicago.

He is in the mix, but since Wade has been there it is a top rated defense and dont see them changing up with another DC as a head coach. Suspect they go with an offensive mind and move forward with a new QB. Lovie would be restrictive with the developement of a rookie QB.

Lovie would be a logical choice especially being that he's from Texas. NFL Network speculated as much and threw in the idea of Cutler becoming the new QB if things broke down in Chicago.

I'm not positive they let schaub go because of salary cap issues but them thinking cutler IMO is based on zero facts except jay is FA after yr and jay played for lovie. No basis. Honestly I don't see jay leaving us as I've never seen him more happier and more engaged as a leader

Had this happened two years ago…we'd have been in business and Lovie would have been HC, we could have hired Kubiak as OC. Someone will hire a great OC in Kubiak. Thankfully our offense is in good shape. Defense…well….I wish we could get Marinelli back or luck into a really good DC being available. Maybe the Texans will fire Wade Phillips. He'd be a great DC if the team did opt away from Tucker.

I give Tucker a pass for a lot of things, specifically the injuries, but the overall poor play and blown tackles, that I really have a hard time giving our coaching staff a pass for. I also will puke if Decammilis is still around. He's a freakin joke of a ST guy (and no freaking way should he be our assistant HC).

When I talk with Cowboy fans they pretty much say the same thing about their D coaches....I wish we had "......"

I'm not ready to throw in the towel on Tucker. We will see what happens in the next couple games with Ratliff and Paea back on the field. Then Briggs will be back next week and that will help dramatically because 1) it gets Greene off the field and 2) he will be making the play calls better and that will also help Bostic.

I am very unimpressed with Decammilis. His demise started when he talked about how great Hester was as a returner on tape in 2012. I hoped Hester would return to his productive ways and some aspects he has but he's nowhere near what he used to be and it shows with each fair catch he makes when players are still 10 yards away from him. Beyond that Decamillis has often had a group that was unprepared (see missed blocks on FGs).

I'm not positive they let schaub go because of salary cap issues but them thinking cutler IMO is based on zero facts except jay is FA after yr and jay played for lovie. No basis. Honestly I don't see jay leaving us as I've never seen him more happier and more engaged as a leader

I too feel the same, and think it very unlikely Jay will go…..although am unsure whether he is the answer for us.