Cutler to Tennessee talk

Alaskan Grizzly

Heard it this morning too.

Must be the Vandy connection.

They need a QB, and if we jetison him...why not? I just hope we don't jetison him!

So, I understand that Tennessee is in a bad position these days but why would they specifically come out and say they are 'targeting Cutler'? I'm not sure why but I don't like it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000029...ennessee-titans

So, I understand that Tennessee is in a bad position these days but why would they specifically come out and say they are 'targeting Cutler'? I'm not sure why but I don't like it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200000029...ennessee-titans

They stated they werent goi ng to try to resign Jake Locker, and being that Jay still has a house down there and went to Vandy, he is one they would purse. I think maybe this was a manger generated rumor. Same agent as Brett Farve and was similar tactics he used with Brett.

They stated they werent goi ng to try to resign Jake Locker, and being that Jay still has a house down there and went to Vandy, he is one they would purse. I think maybe this was a manger generated rumor. Same agent as Brett Farve and was similar tactics he used with Brett.

I think if we tendered him, the salary would command a 1st round pick in return if Tenn signed him.

Cutler is going to cost $14+ million with zero cap relief, or we can go McCown with a rookie QB to groom for 1/4 of that plus re-sign some key players or bring in an impact FA.

After tonight's game, it is going to be hard for management to invest in Cutler with other holes to fill when it is clear that McCown can come in and play at a high level in this offense. McCown's QBR is 2nd only to Peyton Manning this year, and not by much. You would think with the ridiculous year Manning is having that no one would be close, but McCown is right there after tonight. Also, as someone mentioned before, the wear and tear on Cutler's body has to be taken into consideration.

Cutler is going to cost $14+ million with zero cap relief, or we can go McCown with a rookie QB to groom for 1/4 of that plus re-sign some key players or bring in an impact FA.

After tonight's game, it is going to be hard for management to invest in Cutler with other holes to fill when it is clear that McCown can come in and play at a high level in this offense. McCown's QBR is 2nd only to Peyton Manning this year, and not by much. You would think with the ridiculous year Manning is having that no one would be close, but McCown is right there after tonight. Also, as someone mentioned before, the wear and tear on Cutler's body has to be taken into consideration.

That post is as succinct as possible in terms of supporting the move away from Cutler.

BTW - I have friends in Nashville who often see Cutler during the offseason. So there is no doubt he either calls that place home or likes to hang out there.

That post is as succinct as possible in terms of supporting the move away from Cutler.

BTW - I have friends in Nashville who often see Cutler during the offseason. So there is no doubt he either calls that place home or likes to hang out there.

He does call Nashville home. I just can't see us letting him walk but I've become sick of beating this story to death