If we lost would Cutler rush back??

Ty Nitty

I am not sure if I am pro Cutler next year or Josh and a rookie to groom. In a perfect world, we would resign Culter for a reasonable price. My questions is with all the attention from other teams about going after Culter this offseason, What would have been the incentive for Culter to come back this year risking more injuries if we would have lost last night? Would he have played the I'm not 100% card to go into the FA period healthy?

I am not sure if I am pro Cutler next year or Josh and a rookie to groom. In a perfect world, we would resign Culter for a reasonable price. My questions is with all the attention from other teams about going after Culter this offseason, What would have been the incentive for Culter to come back this year risking more injuries if we would have lost last night? Would he have played the I'm not 100% card to go into the FA period healthy?

I for one believe he is genuine with the "home town" talk. He admits to being a former fan and I get the idea that he is liking playing for the Bears. One of the incentives being that the Bears have essentially built up to him. With the additons of Marshall and the hiring of Trestman he has to be convinced they are invested in him.

That being the case, he could easily want to make more money and go elsewhere. But to which team? Would they offer him the same 'comfort' the Bears have been working towards? He has to realize he is not getting younger and has started to rack up the injuries, so would he risk that going to a team that pays a buttload of money for him only to not have enough to pay for his protection (O line) and compliments (WR and RB combos)?

I think he wants to play at the earliest possible convenience. If for no other reason to prove that he is still viable.