Draft Prep

AZ54

Safety is a need, but not as big of one as the D-Line and MLB. A safety does no good if you can't stop a RB at the LOS.

Not so fast...

A good safety allows the defense to be better at the LOS run stuffing because the LBs don't have to worry so much about dropping into coverage. The DBs can cheat.

No doubt DT and DE are needs - MLB is not a need, there is just a youth at the position - but FS is another huge need. The Bears talent at Safety is not comparable to the talent on the DL.

1st rd I go BPA at DT/DE then look at safety and CB in 2nd rd. Of course this is if we can resign jay. Otherwise I think we have to QB in rd 1. And I hate that idea with so many holes in the defense

I still say the Bears should go HaHa Clinton Dix in RD1. He's easily the best FS available and is potentially going to be there when the Bears pick. Sure, if Jadaveon Clowney, you get him. But that ain't happening. And where the Bears are selecting, HHCD is a much better value than any other DE/DT.

I still say the Bears should go HaHa Clinton Dix in RD1. He's easily the best FS available and is potentially going to be there when the Bears pick. Sure, if Jadaveon Clowney, you get him. But that ain't happening. And where the Bears are selecting, HHCD is a much better value than any other DE/DT.

Your right. Obviously need to go best value. I would prefer a DL guy bug if a run happens there (and realistically that could easily happen) then I agree with going HHCD. Overall I want a playmaker in the 1st that can contribute immediately

I doubt if we get that chance to draft him at 17-22, where we will probably draft. We need an impact player and whether it be saftey,DT or DE we should get one of them there. I would jump on him at where we draft.

Gonna be real interesting to see what they do at DT. Jay Ratliff certainly just made a case to be at the very least a key rotational piece. If Melton doesn't wanna take a huge discount I wouldn't mind making him a starter next year....If Melton DOES take a discount I could see he, Jay, and Collins all back, then taking a DT in the mid rounds.

Gonna be real interesting to see what they do at DT. Jay Ratliff certainly just made a case to be at the very least a key rotational piece. If Melton doesn't wanna take a huge discount I wouldn't mind making him a starter next year....If Melton DOES take a discount I could see he, Jay, and Collins all back, then taking a DT in the mid rounds.

Yeah getting jay and Melton back would be huge for us and make drafting that much easier as well