Couple of things I would like your thoughts on

Chitownhustla

First, Mondays game was awesome. Seeing our offense do what they did was crazy. Reminded me of the first 5 weeks of 2005 when Great Rex was showing up. Couple of thoughts tho

1. I expected the Offense to hit this type of stride come week 8 or 9. New Coach, system, oline. It takes time for a offense to gel. Do you think if Cutler had not got hurt would his numbers be even better then McCown?

2. Trying not to drink the kool aid too much, they did look great against The Cowboys, the Cowboys D is horrible. Everyone is craving them up.

3. Had McCown not been lucky this game could have been very different. Had two INT's dropped, taking two scores away and a 3rd called back on Pass Interference another score taken away. I think BM would have caught that one tho had he not been raped.

All valid questions.

I head Cosell of the NFL FIlms crew talk with Cowherd this morning and said some interesting things about McCown. Given how much film he watches. He sees McCown as a very different QB than when he was inthe league a while back. He said some of his biggest plusses were his adjustments at the line. He seems to really get the system.

I think Cleveland will be a gid test. They have one of the best D's we will see this year on the road. If McCown delivers another strong performance...man, are there hard questions to ask!

First, Mondays game was awesome. Seeing our offense do what they did was crazy. Reminded me of the first 5 weeks of 2005 when Great Rex was showing up. Couple of thoughts tho

1. I expected the Offense to hit this type of stride come week 8 or 9. New Coach, system, oline. It takes time for a offense to gel. Do you think if Cutler had not got hurt would his numbers be even better then McCown?

2. Trying not to drink the kool aid too much, they did look great against The Cowboys, the Cowboys D is horrible. Everyone is craving them up.

3. Had McCown not been lucky this game could have been very different. Had two INT's dropped, taking two scores away and a 3rd called back on Pass Interference another score taken away. I think BM would have caught that one tho had he not been raped.

I head Cosell of the NFL FIlms crew talk with Cowherd this morning and said some interesting things about McCown. Given how much film he watches. He sees McCown as a very different QB than when he was inthe league a while back. He said some of his biggest plusses were his adjustments at the line. He seems to really get the system.

I think Cleveland will be a gid test. They have one of the best D's we will see this year on the road. If McCown delivers another strong performance...man, are there hard questions to ask!

Agreed. I was listening to Gruden comment about how well McCown is making adjustments at the line. I am noticing in re-watching (and noticed before) that he (McCown) does really well at making pre-snap calls, if need. He did a bunch during the Cowboys game and some during the Ravens game. Some other "intangibles" are his looking off (progressing) his receivers. He doesn't 'lock on' but actually 'tricks the defense' with his check offs. Cutler hasn't always been real good at that. And even though given the option to option (play on words) Cutler doesn't make that adjustment as well...it would seem. One thing I have noticed they have both gotten good at is stepping into the pocket. McCown has some innate ability to adjust away from pressure, usually going the opposite way from it. Cutler seems to like to try and bolt out the top of the pocket whenever he feels the pressure. Not that its bad as he is a bit more mobile than McCown but sets him up for a harder hit straight on.

Speaking of stepping into the pocket. Two of the amazing TD's that McCown has thrown this year were the one to Jeffery in the corner (when it appeared McCown was about to get blasted) and against GB when he threw a similar pass to Marshall, almost identical in trajectory etc, but to the right middle of the endzone. Both were reliant on McCown putting the ball up only where his receivers could get it and the receivers actually going up to get it and him almost running face first into the defensive line pressure. Pretty cool stuff.

We all need to enjoy this! When can you recall having 2 capable QB's on the squad?

Agreed. I was listening to Gruden comment about how well McCown is making adjustments at the line. I am noticing in re-watching (and noticed before) that he (McCown) does really well at making pre-snap calls, if need. He did a bunch during the Cowboys game and some during the Ravens game. Some other "intangibles" are his looking off (progressing) his receivers. He doesn't 'lock on' but actually 'tricks the defense' with his check offs. Cutler hasn't always been real good at that. And even though given the option to option (play on words) Cutler doesn't make that adjustment as well...it would seem. One thing I have noticed they have both gotten good at is stepping into the pocket. McCown has some innate ability to adjust away from pressure, usually going the opposite way from it. Cutler seems to like to try and bolt out the top of the pocket whenever he feels the pressure. Not that its bad as he is a bit more mobile than McCown but sets him up for a harder hit straight on.

Speaking of stepping into the pocket. Two of the amazing TD's that McCown has thrown this year were the one to Jeffery in the corner (when it appeared McCown was about to get blasted) and against GB when he threw a similar pass to Marshall, almost identical in trajectory etc, but to the right middle of the endzone. Both were reliant on McCown putting the ball up only where his receivers could get it and the receivers actually going up to get it and him almost running face first into the defensive line pressure. Pretty cool stuff.

Remember when we couldn't seem to find one capable QB ie the list that every broadcast put up on the screen every friggin week?

No kidding. That crap hot old really quick and I hope we do everything within reason to bring both back. I've heard from several ppl that's around team(don't remember who) that Josh, jay and trestman are all really close. This would explain why we see jay talking to both quite a bit and seeing jay really help josh out by going over things using the photos. If all is true I think its quote possible to see both return on friendly deals

No kidding. That crap hot old really quick and I hope we do everything within reason to bring both back. I've heard from several ppl that's around team(don't remember who) that Josh, jay and trestman are all really close. This would explain why we see jay talking to both quite a bit and seeing jay really help josh out by going over things using the photos. If all is true I think its quote possible to see both return on friendly deals

I think all the talk in the air right now is just posturing for a contact negotiation. I think we tag Jay and resign Josh and draft a QB in the 3rd or 4th round and have a position of strength for one more year.

1. I thought Week 9 after the Bye we would see the offense start peaking. However, it is nice to see progression.

2. Dallas held Philly to 3 pts and STL to 7 pts, so they are bad, but can put together good games. They did come into the game at 7-5.

3. You can't play the what-if game or count the almost INTs. Either they are INTs or they are not. For every INT Cutler throws, he has 1-2 more that should've been. Penalties negate great offensive plays as much as they negate INTs, so in the end, you can only count what is official. The other non-plays even out over time.

1. I thought Week 9 after the Bye we would see the offense start peaking. However, it is nice to see progression.

2. Dallas held Philly to 3 pts and STL to 7 pts, so they are bad, but can put together good games. They did come into the game at 7-5.

3. You can't play the what-if game or count the almost INTs. Either they are INTs or they are not. For every INT Cutler throws, he has 1-2 more that should've been. Penalties negate great offensive plays as much as they negate INTs, so in the end, you can only count what is official. The other non-plays even out over time.

It's the internet, I can play the what it game if I want. lol

One of the reasons I wrote that is because people, not all people say Cutler throws balls he should not too often. McCown threw three Cutler type balls. You don't hear anyone saying this because they were flat out dropped. I understand every QB is going to throw a ball they shouldn't, Cutler a little more then the best.

Cutler gets lucky every once and awhile but also very unlucky at times. A lot of people are freaking out about McCowns performance. If you look at the tape he threw about 3 or 4 "Cutler type balls" About the same as Cutler this year per game.

It's the internet, I can play the what it game if I want. lol

One of the reasons I wrote that is because people, not all people say Cutler throws balls he should not too often. McCown threw three Cutler type balls. You don't hear anyone saying this because they were flat out dropped. I understand every QB is going to throw a ball they shouldn't, Cutler a little more then the best.

Cutler gets lucky every once and awhile but also very unlucky at times. A lot of people are freaking out about McCowns performance. If you look at the tape he threw about 3 or 4 "Cutler type balls" About the same as Cutler this year per game.

I think the "coulda, shoulda, didn't" priciple applies here. Not sure I totally agree with your thoughts on McCown but you're right, 'this is the internet'.

Be that as it may, the difference between the two is that one is a "Franchise, elite-status (potentially) QB" the other, an off the street backup.