The BIG What if game

Chitownhustla

Well we hopefully will get the answer to the big question. Is the Cutler going to get that long contract?

If he dominates I would think he gets a pretty good contract. If he plays like shit Im not sure what would happen. If he plays decent then I would lean to the Tag.

Three options:

1. He dominates the rest of the games

2. Plays decent or a little better then the beginning of the season

3. Looks like crap, almost Cutler in the Lovie era (which im not sure is possible)

What do you guys think will play out with each option?

Well we hopefully will get the answer to the big question. Is the Cutler going to get that long contract?

If he dominates I would think he gets a pretty good contract. If he plays like shit Im not sure what would happen. If he plays decent then I would lean to the Tag.

Three options:

1. He dominates the rest of the games

2. Plays decent or a little better then the beginning of the season

3. Looks like crap, almost Cutler in the Lovie era (which im not sure is possible)

What do you guys think will play out with each option?

1. Big contract extension

2. Tag

3. FA Market

I see a 4 to 5 yr deal. I'm with emery that I don't like using the tag. Especially at that position but I can't see us letting cutler walk considering all the holes we have on defense. We have a top 15. A lot of execs say top 10 QB. Hard to let him walk when he's still I'm his prime yrs

Probably true given that the Bears have spent the last decade overcoming the "Cheap" label. I'm sure they don't want Jay walking away mad thinking he got shafted and telling everyone the Bears did this based on money alone. With that said, if it's a football decision alone and Trestman really believes in Josh, it wouldn't surprise me to see them let Jay walk.

Probably true given that the Bears have spent the last decade overcoming the "Cheap" label. I'm sure they don't want Jay walking away mad thinking he got shafted and telling everyone the Bears did this based on money alone. With that said, if it's a football decision alone and Trestman really believes in Josh, it wouldn't surprise me to see them let Jay walk.

My philosophy has always been, you have to be dominant at one thing. That being said, I think the best option for that lies in Cutler. There's no chance of the D betting dominant next year, do it has to be O. How about 6 years 80 mil for Cutler? Two years 7 mil for Josh?

My philosophy has always been, you have to be dominant at one thing. That being said, I think the best option for that lies in Cutler. There's no chance of the D betting dominant next year, do it has to be O. How about 6 years 80 mil for Cutler? Two years 7 mil for Josh?

With all the spots we have to fill on the roster there is no way we pay Josh 3.5 mil a year. I expect us to tag Cutler and sign Josh to around a 2 year 2.5 mil. contract. I dont see people rushing out to grab a career backup QB at the age of 35 having a good year. Of course you only need one team to boost his salary. I think they are trying to build a Super Bowl type offense and letting Cutler walk at this stage would be ludicrous. We have the WRs, the TE, and other than Garza pretty well the offense built.

This is what I think will happen in the offseason:

Tag Cutler

Resign Josh with a raise

Let Garza go

Resign Slausson and put him at OC(he has played there before)

Sign another OG in FAgency on the cheap(the best position to get cheap help)

Let Bush walk(Ford is the next man up)

Let Peppers go

Resign Collins, Ratliff, Anderson,Britton,Gould,Bowman,Walters

We bring in a couple of CBs in FAgency

we draft a (in any order) Safety,DT, DE, OC, QB,CB,CB

With all the spots we have to fill on the roster there is no way we pay Josh 3.5 mil a year. I expect us to tag Cutler and sign Josh to around a 2 year 2.5 mil. contract. I dont see people rushing out to grab a career backup QB at the age of 35 having a good year. Of course you only need one team to boost his salary. I think they are trying to build a Super Bowl type offense and letting Cutler walk at this stage would be ludicrous. We have the WRs, the TE, and other than Garza pretty well the offense built.

This is what I think will happen in the offseason:

Tag Cutler

Resign Josh with a raise

Let Garza go

Resign Slausson and put him at OC(he has played there before)

Sign another OG in FAgency on the cheap(the best position to get cheap help)

Let Bush walk(Ford is the next man up)

Let Peppers go

Resign Collins, Ratliff, Anderson,Britton,Gould,Bowman,Walters

We bring in a couple of CBs in FAgency

we draft a (in any order) Safety,DT, DE, OC, QB,CB,CB

For Josh I think he could be had a roughly $2M deal avg so go 2 yrs and $4M. I'm saying this based on the reports that Marc, Josh, and Jay are extremely close. Also heard that Josh absolutely loves it here in Chicago. Maybe because us fans love him.