Cutler earns his stripes

Guest TerraTor

Finished with 100.2 passer rating

Ha, yeah, he sucks. Typical overreactive bullshit from TerraTor. All he did was lead us to victory on the road against an excellent defense. Sure he forced that one to Marshall in the end zone but unless you don't care to give the guy a chance to prove himself (half this board) you have to forgive rust after a god damn month off. And his boy is Marshall so suck it. The other pick sailed on him in the wind. Period. Some here would obviously rather root for their own petty interests than the good of the team.

Guest TerraTor

He didn't lead shit.. Made terrible throws. . Jeffery bailed him out for a TD on awful throw. .. Gimme a break

Cracker Nice display of intelligence by the way

"His boy is Marshall...so suck it" ... moron

He didn't lead shit.. Made terrible throws. . Jeffery bailed him out for a TD on awful throw. .. Gimme a break

Cracker Nice display of intelligence by the way

"His boy is Marshall...so suck it" ... moron

How come when Josh throws it up into double coverage to Jeffery it's a "perfect pass" but when Jay does the same thing it's awful?

71% against a top defense is pretty damn good....But as the negative nancy you are, you could care less.

How come when Josh throws it up into double coverage to Jeffery it's a "perfect pass" but when Jay does the same thing it's awful?

71% against a top defense is pretty damn good....But as the negative nancy you are, you could care less.

He is who he is. Ain't nobody gonna convince him that jay is any good. He could win us SB this yr and he would still say he sucks

Cutler is just erratic and it is maddening. Everyone knows his ceiling, but he never cleans up the garbage and bad habits. He is like a better version of Rex Grossman. The offense never seems in sync or on the same sheet of music.

I feel uncomfortable when Cutler plays. It is like I am waiting for the next INT. From the minute McCown came in, that was gone. I had confidence in him even though there was nothing to support it at that point (during WAS game). He played comfortable and the offense seemed to play like that. Now obviously if the defense showed up for a few games, the record would have been better, but McCown seemed to do exactly what the team asked him to do. Cutler digs holes, and then the defense bails him out and we scratch out a win and have more answers than questions going into an even harder game against Philly (who has a lot to play for).

Cutler is just erratic and it is maddening. Everyone knows his ceiling, but he never cleans up the garbage and bad habits. He is like a better version of Rex Grossman. The offense never seems in sync or on the same sheet of music.

I feel uncomfortable when Cutler plays. It is like I am waiting for the next INT. From the minute McCown came in, that was gone. I had confidence in him even though there was nothing to support it at that point (during WAS game). He played comfortable and the offense seemed to play like that. Now obviously if the defense showed up for a few games, the record would have been better, but McCown seemed to do exactly what the team asked him to do. Cutler digs holes, and then the defense bails him out and we scratch out a win and have more answers than questions going into an even harder game against Philly (who has a lot to play for).

I liken him more to a "lesser" Brett Favre. Someone who's gonna piss you off from time to time but def someone you can win with. A rocket arm is both a blessing and a curse.

I liken him more to a "lesser" Brett Favre. Someone who's gonna piss you off from time to time but def someone you can win with. A rocket arm is both a blessing and a curse.

Anyone who thinks there's a QB out there who makes no mistakes is a fool and knows literally nothing about this game. The measure of a great player is how they respond. Today Jay showed us all what that means. I hope it continues into the playoffs.

Anyone who thinks there's a QB out there who makes no mistakes is a fool and knows literally nothing about this game. The measure of a great player is how they respond. Today Jay showed us all what that means. I hope it continues into the playoffs.

It really is kinda of a mute point now. Cutler is healthy,somewhat, and the coach likes him, so we will live with his faults and hopefully win the rest of the games. Josh played well(good for us) and Cutler has been improved over his gunslinger self this year. I think Tresty can get him where he needs to go, the injuries delayed his progress. the important thing is to win and we did that today.

By the way isnt it nice to be arguing over who is the better QB when both has had good moments, instead all the stinky QB play we have endured over the years.

By the way isnt it nice to be arguing over who is the better QB when both has had good moments, instead all the stinky QB play we have endured over the years.

Yes it is. We have never had a true QB controversy and the winner gets Marshall, Jeffery, Bennett, and Forte.

That's not the case. I think the Cutler detractors are saying he takes too many chances that lead to mistakes. That is irrefutable. Do other QBs take chances? Certainly. Do other QBs make mistakes? Sure. But Cutler does it pretty frequently, and the problems appear to be correctable. He just needs to trust the offense and find the open receiver instead of hammering it into Marshall.

That's not the case. I think the Cutler detractors are saying he takes too many chances that lead to mistakes. That is irrefutable. Do other QBs take chances? Certainly. Do other QBs make mistakes? Sure. But Cutler does it pretty frequently, and the problems appear to be correctable. He just needs to trust the offense and find the open receiver instead of hammering it into Marshall.

So what? First off, I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to the dude calling Cutler a "Useless Asshole" for throwing a pick after being out for four weeks. When he threw that pick, truth be told, I yelled something like "GOD DAMN IT CUTLER, GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS!" But what I didn't do was wet my pants in public about it. People on this board, and this tool in particular, need to get a friggen grip. This team's D is abysmal and we're still hopeful of making the playoffs. Our coach has quite possibly lost us a game or two this season by his decisions alone. If someone called either of those folks useless I'd defend them too. It's all part of a process and to expect perfection in season one under Trestman is idiotic.

I'll tell you this, if we get lucky and win our last two games while Detroit loses tonight or in the next two weeks, there won't be a playoff team that wants to face these Bears in the first round of the playoffs. And I hope like hell I can cheer them on with Cutler making a fool of his detractors all the way.

Tell me one post of Terra's that's been even moderately insightful. This one was meant to inflame and frankly that's what this dude does. He's a troll here as far as I'm concerned. I'm direct and sometimes I'm an asshole too, but at least I have something better to say than "Useless Asshole" about our starting QB. So if you want to take his side, so be it. I'm just going to continue to call 'em like I see 'em.

So what? First off, I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to the dude calling Cutler a "Useless Asshole" for throwing a pick after being out for four weeks. When he threw that pick, truth be told, I yelled something like "GOD DAMN IT CUTLER, GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS!" But what I didn't do was wet my pants in public about it. People on this board, and this tool in particular, need to get a friggen grip. This team's D is abysmal and we're still hopeful of making the playoffs. Our coach has quite possibly lost us a game or two this season by his decisions alone. If someone called either of those folks useless I'd defend them too. It's all part of a process and to expect perfection in season one under Trestman is idiotic.

I'll tell you this, if we get lucky and win our last two games while Detroit loses tonight or in the next two weeks, there won't be a playoff team that wants to face these Bears in the first round of the playoffs. And I hope like hell I can cheer them on with Cutler making a fool of his detractors all the way.

Tell me one post of Terra's that's been even moderately insightful. This one was meant to inflame and frankly that's what this dude does. He's a troll here as far as I'm concerned. I'm direct and sometimes I'm an asshole too, but at least I have something better to say than "Useless Asshole" about our starting QB. So if you want to take his side, so be it. I'm just going to continue to call 'em like I see 'em.

Have to agree, and apologise to the board for agreeing with the comment to start with..drink and the excitement of the game led to me typing before thinking….I need to quit posting during games!