Cutler earns his stripes

Guest TerraTor

So what? First off, I wasn't talking to you. I was talking to the dude calling Cutler a "Useless Asshole" for throwing a pick after being out for four weeks. When he threw that pick, truth be told, I yelled something like "GOD DAMN IT CUTLER, GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS!" But what I didn't do was wet my pants in public about it. People on this board, and this tool in particular, need to get a friggen grip. This team's D is abysmal and we're still hopeful of making the playoffs. Our coach has quite possibly lost us a game or two this season by his decisions alone. If someone called either of those folks useless I'd defend them too. It's all part of a process and to expect perfection in season one under Trestman is idiotic.

I'll tell you this, if we get lucky and win our last two games while Detroit loses tonight or in the next two weeks, there won't be a playoff team that wants to face these Bears in the first round of the playoffs. And I hope like hell I can cheer them on with Cutler making a fool of his detractors all the way.

Tell me one post of Terra's that's been even moderately insightful. This one was meant to inflame and frankly that's what this dude does. He's a troll here as far as I'm concerned. I'm direct and sometimes I'm an asshole too, but at least I have something better to say than "Useless Asshole" about our starting QB. So if you want to take his side, so be it. I'm just going to continue to call 'em like I see 'em.

I wasn't specifically defending the original post, obviously, but you said, "Anyone who thinks there's a QB out there who makes no mistakes is a fool and knows literally nothing about this game. The measure of a great player is how they respond. Today Jay showed us all what that means. I hope it continues into the playoffs." To me that appeared to be a defense of Cutler directed towards those who have challenged him.

As for the "so what," I stand by my comments. Cutler takes far more chances than McCown, it's what has frustrated many Bears fans, and he apparently hates checking down to the smarter, safer throw that keeps the offense clicking. He'd rather gun it into Marshall.

I hope he also obliterates the opponents and leads the Bears to the Super Bowl, because I believe he has that kind of physical talent. But as a Bears' fan, it's difficult not to be pessimistic.

My heart sunk after that first throw as well, but then fox replayed it, the announcers got on board with the throw, and I felt a little better. There was a window there, the defender just got in there and got a hand on it to tip it up and it got picked.

Problem was Jeffrey was streaking down the sideline with single coverage. There were a minimum of two defenders on BM. That's the part that is frustrating.

I hope he also obliterates the opponents and leads the Bears to the Super Bowl, because I believe he has that kind of physical talent. But as a Bears' fan, it's difficult not to be pessimistic.

Really? I don't find it difficult to be optimistic at all. And if it turns out I'm wrong and they lose both games and end up 8-8, it won't kill me given all that's happened this year. In the meantime, I'm living a happier life not feeling like I have to get down on the team I love when they've grown so much this season. Does it make me some sort of chump that I choose to be positive?

By the way, in the post game interviews, Marshall took the blame for the first pick. Said he didn't jockey his way in front of the defender the way they practiced. I already know your answer to this.

I realize Cutler's a risk taker but more often than not those chances pay off. We lost a few games with Josh out there, everyone seems to forget. Maybe with someone out there "winging it" we wouldn't have had to worry about OT against the ferkin' Vikings! Regardless of our shitty D. And don't take this as me blaming Josh for the loss, he played well. I just wonder if things would've been different with Jay out there. The Clowns are better than the Queens.

So, everyone, for your own good, chill out a little bit, enjoy the holidays, your family and put this football season in perspective. If we get into the playoffs it's the cherry on top of the Sundae. Cutler isn't a "Useless Asshole", he's our QB and more than likely will be for the foreseeable future. If you hate that idea, maybe you should go root for the Cowboys or something. As for me, I'm looking at the miraculous offense we have on the field and smiling because I know that with an even moderately good D, we're destined for great things.

Really? I don't find it difficult to be optimistic at all. And if it turns out I'm wrong and they lose both games and end up 8-8, it won't kill me given all that's happened this year. In the meantime, I'm living a happier life not feeling like I have to get down on the team I love when they've grown so much this season. Does it make me some sort of chump that I choose to be positive?

By the way, in the post game interviews, Marshall took the blame for the first pick. Said he didn't jockey his way in front of the defender the way they practiced. I already know your answer to this.

I realize Cutler's a risk taker but more often than not those chances pay off. We lost a few games with Josh out there, everyone seems to forget. Maybe with someone out there "winging it" we wouldn't have had to worry about OT against the ferkin' Vikings! Regardless of our shitty D. And don't take this as me blaming Josh for the loss, he played well. I just wonder if things would've been different with Jay out there. The Clowns are better than the Queens.

So, everyone, for your own good, chill out a little bit, enjoy the holidays, your family and put this football season in perspective. If we get into the playoffs it's the cherry on top of the Sundae. Cutler isn't a "Useless Asshole", he's our QB and more than likely will be for the foreseeable future. If you hate that idea, maybe you should go root for the Cowboys or something. As for me, I'm looking at the miraculous offense we have on the field and smiling because I know that with an even moderately good D, we're destined for great things.

Sounds good to me, Merry Christmas to all, and GO BEARS!

I like your perspective.

I feel I'm right there with you...

Damn it your making it harder for me to disagree with you Lol. I find it funny how ppl criticize jay for that TD to alshon because he threw it into double covg saying it could have been picked. Yet they ignore the fact that it was a free play as there was a penalty flag thrown. Oh well. Its obvious the coaching staff likes jay and in the end that's all that matters