Stats on Cutler vs. top 5 QB

BearFan PHX

OK, Im still not sold on Cutler. I know how it FEELS with him in there.

I wonder if he will ever stop making throws into double coverage.

Still, the stats don't lie, and they tell a different story.

I dunno. I just dunno.

http://voices.suntimes.com/sports/interact...e-quarterbacks/

He needs to improve in the Red Zone and limit INTs.

We beat up Culter for his faults but keep in mind , since he has been here we have been the worst OL in the league until this year.

He didnt have any weapons until last year and now Jeffery has developed and we signed Bennet.

He has bad habits but with all the bad juju around him, he has improved this year, until the injury.

I think he is our best option

What if we throw all our baskets in Joshs corner and he fails then we have to rely on an unproven rookie to take over our fortunes.

I have no desire to be back in QB hell that we were for years. There are reasons we doubt Cutler but the injuries have impeded his growth and I still think he is our best option going forward.

He has weapons

He has an improved OL

He has Trestman

I think that is all we have to say, and for those Josh is great fans, look at his history and at 35 that can come back anytime.

I dunno. I just dunno.

Excellent link! Thanks!

Very informative.

Doesn't look all that favorable to Cutler IMO. I'd say that data likely puts him back near the top 10 as in 10th. Could be lower depending on which stat you look at such as redone INTs. Could be higher They made their comparison based on salaries but we have to compare to all QBs and include guys like Russell Wilson, Kap, and even Carson Palmer. It's going to be interesting to see where we end up on this one.

I dunno. I just dunno.

So, since this appears to be based on this years performance, I wonder where Josh would compare? Especially in the salary department.

I think it's completely fair to compare his stats to those guys given the reason for the comparison. Those are the stats Cutler's agent will be bringing to the bargaining table. I think Cutler's team is hoping to improve those (pad them) a bit during these last two games. We'll see....

If his agent brings those stats to the table all he is doing is clearly showing Cutler doesn't belong, unless you consider him to be worth what Eli is being paid. Eli is having a bad year (again) but he has two Superbowl rings. Right after that is discussed Emery is going to slide McCown's salary and stats across the table and say here is what I can get for a #2 QB salary. It appears both sides want a deal done I have no idea what value but I believe Cutler will accept some significant incentives in the deal.

I think it's completely fair to compare his stats to those guys given the reason for the comparison. Those are the stats Cutler's agent will be bringing to the bargaining table. I think Cutler's team is hoping to improve those (pad them) a bit during these last two games. We'll see....

He is also doing that with arguably the best WR duo, top 3 RB, and top 10 TE in the league. I can't imagine what type of numbers all those other QB's would have with those playmakers. These next two games will be huge for Cutler. If he excels and we win, he will be in for a huge payday. If he falters and we lose, it will be a hard sell.