Has Jay bought in??

Chitownhustla

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bears/post...e-tag-an-option

I remember someone questioning if Jay has bought in. Here is a part of this article that kind of talks about it.

“I’ve said it before: I’m convinced that Jay is a franchise quarterback,” Emery said. “The rest of that as far as where we are going in the future, we’ll work out that in the offseason. Certainly I’m pleased with Jay. I think he’s grown in certain areas. When he’s been healthy and been on the field this year, he’s been playing at his highest level ever during the course of his career.

"I think he’s improved in the leadership area. I think his demeanor has improved. I think the time off made him appreciate the great coaches that we have. He’s told me that our coaches are on fire with their game-planning, execution and getting guys ready to play. The last three games that he played when healthy from start to finish, he’s been over 100.0 in passer-rating. So we see a lot of good things out of Jay.”

I would say it sounds as if Jay has bought in to Trestman and company.

Without knowing exactly what "buying into the system" actually means I'm gonna say yes.

The 2 things I wanted to see was Jay getting the ball out quicker and Jay bringing up his completion%, and he certainly has done that.

Since Emery brought up games that he's played from start to finish I'll throw some more numbers out there. In games Jay has played from start to finish his comp% is 66.5%. That number is just .3% behind Aaron Rodgers for 4th, 1.3% behind Manning, 1.7% behind Brees, and 3.4% away from Rivers for 1st.

I don't think it's at all crazy to say that if Jay got to play against the schedule Josh got to play against he very well could be in the top 3 in comp%.

Before I stick my foot in my mouth, since I have not ran the numbers but with Jay's return last game it looked like he fell back on looking for Marshall. I'd need to go back and look at the target allocations under McCown compared to Cutler. Just the eyeball test looked like he was opting for Brandon, which to me would be a sign he is not working within Trestman's offense as comfortably as McCown.

Before I stick my foot in my mouth, since I have not ran the numbers but with Jay's return last game it looked like he fell back on looking for Marshall. I'd need to go back and look at the target allocations under McCown compared to Cutler. Just the eyeball test looked like he was opting for Brandon, which to me would be a sign he is not working within Trestman's offense as comfortably as McCown.

You probably should have checked the stats. Marshall and M Bennett for 6 receptions each. Alshon for 5, E Bennett for 4. I don't give a shit what the targets stat says, the receptions stat shows a damn good distribution.

But all of this is irrelevant. The only people talkin about McCown being better than Cutler are dopes on the Internet. The professionals are singing Jay's praises for a reason. Sorry for being so blunt but I'm sick of this BS.

You probably should have checked the stats. Marshall and M Bennett for 6 receptions each. Alshon for 5, E Bennett for 4. I don't give a shit what the targets stat says, the receptions stat shows a damn good distribution.

But all of this is irrelevant. The only people talkin about McCown being better than Cutler are dopes on the Internet. The professionals are singing Jay's praises for a reason. Sorry for being so blunt but I'm sick of this BS.

Ya, I could care less about who gets the majority of the targets as long as Jay completes a high percentage of his passes, and as I profiled in my last post he certainly has. I mean one of Trestmans first gigs in the league was the 95 9ers team where Rice had 122 receptions and the next highest WR had 38, and that team was the highest scoring team in the league. Year after that Rice had 105, next highest WR had 35.....Even Earl Bennett might top those numbers this season

Spreading the ball evenly isn't a necessary component of the WCO.

Talk about being 'dopey'. Targets SHOULD count (since BM had the majority) because two of those 'non-sensical targets' resulted in INTs. Receptions are only counted if they are CAUGHT by the offense.

And for the record BM did say there was a fair amount of "chatter" amongst fellow Bears players before last week's game about Cutler starting over McCown. Something about Cutler throwing a bunch of INTs during practice. Or which "professionals" were you referring to?

At the end of the day if Jay steps up and doesn't pull a. Mr Hyde these last two weeks then things will be fine....if not, the "dopes" will be back.

Talk about being 'dopey'. Targets SHOULD count (since BM had the majority) because two of those 'non-sensical targets' resulted in INTs. Receptions are only counted if they are CAUGHT by the offense.

And for the record BM did say there was a fair amount of "chatter" amongst fellow Bears players before last week's game about Cutler starting over McCown. Something about Cutler throwing a bunch of INTs during practice. Or which "professionals" were you referring to?

At the end of the day if Jay steps up and doesn't pull a. Mr Hyde these last two weeks then things will be fine....if not, the "dopes" will be back.

I assume the professionals he's alluding to are Marc Trestman and his staff....aka the only professionals that matter.

You are aware that those players that were talking about jay and josh were defensive guys right. And I'm sorry but those guys have absolutely no room to talk. Talk about the ultimate irony. If it wasn't for that D how many games would we have won. Bet it outweighs cutler big time

Still haven't reviewed the numbers but targets would count to me, I interpret an over reliance on Marshall, which I also interpret as an less than comfortable feel for the offense, as Trestman might run it, I did not say that McCown is better than Cutler. I would like nothing better than Jay to be the man going forward. For that matter it may just take him longer to embrace the offense. The fact is Cutler's skill set is greater than McCown, I just don't know if he has fully bought in. Plain and simple.

Still haven't reviewed the numbers but targets would count to me, I interpret an over reliance on Marshall, which I also interpret as an less than comfortable feel for the offense, as Trestman might run it, I did not say that McCown is better than Cutler. I would like nothing better than Jay to be the man going forward. For that matter it may just take him longer to embrace the offense. The fact is Cutler's skill set is greater than McCown, I just don't know if he has fully bought in. Plain and simple.

You guys act like a QB having a little rebel in him is a bad thing. Where would the 85 Bears be if #9 was a yes man?

You guys act like a QB having a little rebel in him is a bad thing. Where would the 85 Bears be if #9 was a yes man?

Having a little rebel in you is not a bad thing at all. But that team had the best damn defense ever and the best running back ever. Jimmy Mac had the latitude with those guys having his back. Cutler does not have the defense to cover him if those rebel moments lead to turnovers.