somebody has to pay the bill

Lucky Luciano

his defense is a complete train wreck. i have never in my lifetime ever seen a bear defense this bad. it's historical.

the wall of shame:

tucker - i have given this guy a break all season because of the injury factor. no more!!

i understand injuries can be a real cause for 'some' of the problems we are seeing but... by this time in the season NOBODY is a rookie anymore and to see these players game after game make the same mistakes and see no change or improvement is simply incredible.after 15 weeks of game play these players, rookies AND vets, still not having a clue how to play their position falls on the coaching staff and phil emery.

either these defensive players have so little talent they couldn't make an arena league roster, which falls like a mountain on emery's shoulders, or this is the worst defensive coordinator and support staff ever to coach in the NFL.

why he is still running this supposed cover 2 is mindboggling (exactly who decided to do this at the start of the season?). halfway through this season it called for SOME kind of change. to keep doing the same thing over and over and expect different results is insanity.

i would FIRE him at season end. NOBODY could be worse than what we have seen him do.

emery - so far it would be no surprise to see a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round defensive pick be out of the nfl next season. that is batting '0' and on par with angelo's ineptitude and is huge.

mcclellan - a first round pick that shows the abilities of a walk-on training-camp-fodder nobody. - why is he starting?

bostic - a second round pick. i don't believe i have seen a worse linebacker start in the NFL he is playing like he has never played the game in his life. makes the same mistakes every single game and is a complete non-factor MLB.

hardin - a third round pick. what a stretch by emery. an injured drafted safety that is out of the NFL.

greene - a fourth round pick - could possibly be worse than bostic

trestman - this mess falls on trestman's shoulders for not demanding some kind of change from tucker 8 games ago. does he get a pass for the season? yes, his offensive contribution keeps his job clearly safe. it's his first year in the NFL but the defense certainly is a black mark on his resume. he needs to be watched closely from now on and improve on all aspects.

EDIT: i completely forgot about this guy...

decamillis - to go from the best special teams in the NFL to this? he GONE!!

===================

EDIT: i misplaced him in the wall of shame. i didn't intend for him to go there.

a plus this season:

kromer - i can't say much against this guy. a combo offensive coach working with trestman. has actually put together a decent offensive line. although... we need to see a great amount of improvement in our run blocking. we are not opening any holes in our interior line or getting any real push of the line of scrimmage. certainly a keeper at this time.

his defense is a complete train wreck. i have never in my lifetime ever seen a bear defense this bad. it's historical.

the wall of shame:

tucker - i have given this guy a break all season because of the injury factor. no more!!

i understand injuries can be a real cause for 'some' of the problems we are seeing but... by this time in the season NOBODY is a rookie anymore and to see these players game after game make the same mistakes and see no change or improvement is simply incredible.after 15 weeks of game play these players, rookies AND vets, still not having a clue how to play their position falls on the coaching staff and phil emery.

either these defensive players have so little talent they couldn't make an arena league roster, which falls like a mountain on emery's shoulders, or this is the worst defensive coordinator and support staff ever to coach in the NFL.

why he is still running this supposed cover 2 is mindboggling (exactly who decided to do this at the start of the season?). halfway through this season it called for SOME kind of change. to keep doing the same thing over and over and expect different results is insanity.

i would FIRE him at season end. NOBODY could be worse than what we have seen him do.

emery - so far it would be no surprise to see a 1st, 2nd and 3rd round defensive pick be out of the nfl next season. that is batting '0' and on par with angelo's ineptitude and is huge.

mcclellan - a first round pick that shows the abilities of a walk-on training-camp-fodder nobody. - why is he starting?

bostic - a second round pick. i don't believe i have seen a worse linebacker start in the NFL he is playing like he has never played the game in his life. makes the same mistakes every single game and is a complete non-factor MLB.

hardin - a third round pick. what a stretch by emery. an injured drafted safety that is out of the NFL.

trestman - this mess falls on trestman's shoulders for not demanding some kind of change from tucker 8 games ago. does he get a pass for the season? yes, his offensive contribution keeps his job clearly safe. it's his first year in the NFL but the defense certainly is a black mark on his resume. he needs to be watched closely from now on and improve on all aspects.

kromer - i can't say much against this guy. a combo offensive coach working with trestman. has actually put together a decent offensive line. although... we need to see a great amount of improvement in our run blocking. we are not opening any holes in our interior line or getting any real push of the line of scrimmage. certainly a keeper at this time.

I can't put kroner on there. We replaced 80% of the line this past off season and its actually performed well. Forte is having a career yr. No way that's all forte. Sure the line could be better and I want to see an improvement nxt yr but I like what I see. 2 rooks on the right side and for most part they take care of business.

Your others though I can agree with your points. Emery needs to show he can get those defensive players

the wall of shame:

I agree, there is a lot on Tucker. You hear about the other teams with great defenses, and the players will tell you that the coaches have them in the right spot or in a position to succeed. I just don't see that at all. On almost every single play we look like we are out-schemed and someone is out of position/gap. I would rather move on from him and try someone else.

The jury is still out on Emery. Bostic now looks over-rated with guys like Alonso playing solid. SMC is a complete bust and Peppers is over the hill.

For Trestman, it has been a mixed bag. I believe the Cutler decision was more based on loyalty than anything. We will see if he was the right choice as Arians has looked really good in ARZ.

Kromer - Can't complain with what he has done, he probably has been the lone bright spot for the coaching staff.

Decamillis - Can you have a unit get that bad over one off season with a coaching change? Obviously his ideas and techniques don't work. I would relieve him of his duties.

I can't put kroner on there. We replaced 80% of the line this past off season and its actually performed well. Forte is having a career yr. No way that's all forte. Sure the line could be better and I want to see an improvement nxt yr but I like what I see. 2 rooks on the right side and for most part they take care of business.

Your others though I can agree with your points. Emery needs to show he can get those defensive players

i agree, i misplaced kromer in that bunch. i changed it in the original post to show that.

I agree, there is a lot on Tucker. You hear about the other teams with great defenses, and the players will tell you that the coaches have them in the right spot or in a position to succeed. I just don't see that at all. On almost every single play we look like we are out-schemed and someone is out of position/gap. I would rather move on from him and try someone else.

The jury is still out on Emery. Bostic now looks over-rated with guys like Alonso playing solid. SMC is a complete bust and Peppers is over the hill.

For Trestman, it has been a mixed bag. I believe the Cutler decision was more based on loyalty than anything. We will see if he was the right choice as Arians has looked really good in ARZ.

Kromer - Can't complain with what he has done, he probably has been the lone bright spot for the coaching staff.

Decamillis - Can you have a unit get that bad over one off season with a coaching change? Obviously his ideas and techniques don't work. I would relieve him of his duties.

agree on emery so far.

agree on trestman so far but he deserves to be there because he is head coach and HAS to be able to manipulate the DC and special teams coaches when they are failing. i still have a lot of respect for him and he surely doesn't deserve the boot but he needs to improve in that respect next season.

decamillis - GONE

tucker - VERY GONE

Completely agree.

The honeymoon is over.

the wall of shame:

EDIT: i completely forgot about this guy...

===================

EDIT: i misplaced him in the wall of shame. i didn't intend for him to go there.

a plus this season:

Completely agree.

The honeymoon is over.

Our special teams are god awful, and the defense is terrible. I think DeCam is gone, but think maybe since there remaking the defense will keep Tucker for one more year and let him do what he wants to do. How would you take a job and they tell you , you have to run this defense, and dont get to do what you want. I think with the massive turnover of defense players that will occur this year, they will keep him one more year and let him set the defense up like he wants it to be.

Our special teams are god awful, and the defense is terrible. I think DeCam is gone, but think maybe since there remaking the defense will keep Tucker for one more year and let him do what he wants to do. How would you take a job and they tell you , you have to run this defense, and dont get to do what you want. I think with the massive turnover of defense players that will occur this year, they will keep him one more year and let him set the defense up like he wants it to be.

this is the problem when you hire people with stipulations. if you hire someone i would think you like their body of work or what is the point in hiring them in the first place?

if tucker was forced to accept the existing defensive scheme by emery then this is another huge gaff by emery to start with. why in the HELL would he do something like that when it had just been done to HIM? you just handcuffed a KEY guy you just paid a large salary to for no apparent reason. are we saying that the existing players on this team were specialized to play only one type of defense? that's ridiculous.

as this season wore on and tucker couldn't see that it was going nowhere fast why didn't he try to change the defense to something that actually might work instead of pounding square pegs into round holes for an entire season? this smacks of utter incompetence by tucker to not realize this by game 8 and get with trestman and emery to fix it or at least limit the damage.

we have wasted a complete year with a no-clue defense, taught our young players NOTHING and now it's possible they will give him another year to do whatever he 'supposedly' is good at?

FIRE HIM NOW and get us someone with a clue how real defenses work like little bum or ryan and then build our defense through the draft and free agency.

I heard a replay today of Tucker's comments after the game. I am paraphrasing but he said:

Defense displayed poor tackling

Defense displayed poor gap discipline

Defense displayed poor reads

Defense displayed poor pad positioning

Philly had 5 plays, just ran variations of such

Somewhere in all of this, these comments lend themselves to poor coaching or the inability of players to comprehend.

Sounds like a hodgepodge of monkey poop.

I heard a replay today of Tucker's comments after the game. I am paraphrasing but he said:

Defense displayed poor tackling

Defense displayed poor gap discipline

Defense displayed poor reads

Defense displayed poor pad positioning

Philly had 5 plays, just ran variations of such

Somewhere in all of this, these comments lend themselves to poor coaching or the inability of players to comprehend.

Sounds like a hodgepodge of monkey poop.

He also mentioned that was more than 20 missed tackles. That's on coaching

He also mentioned that was more than 20 missed tackles. That's on coaching

I think the poor tackling is a product of the new bargaining agreement .(less practice) and also bad players. I think he has some responsibility in this, but what i think the Bears will due is give him another year to do what he wants to do with a new defense.

If this defense was fully healthy all year, I still think it wouldnt have been very good, but not this bad. We have a combination of players getting old and people hurt and it destroyed this defense.

I think the poor tackling is a product of the new bargaining agreement .(less practice) and also bad players. I think he has some responsibility in this, but what i think the Bears will due is give him another year to do what he wants to do with a new defense.

If this defense was fully healthy all year, I still think it wouldnt have been very good, but not this bad. We have a combination of players getting old and people hurt and it destroyed this defense.

Using the CBA as an excuse 20 weeks into the season is BS. Poor coaching and lack of effort, period...