NFC Playoff Scenarios

adam

Assume Bears, Seahawks (vs STL), Panthers (at ATL), and Saints (vs TB) win.

That leaves 2 games to deciding the seeding for the NFC. SEA and CAR would finish 1-2.

PHI at DAL

SF at ARZ

If SF and PHI win (favorites):

NO at PHI and SF at CHI 4

If ARZ and DAL win (home teams/underdogs):

SF at CHI 3 and NO at DAL

If SF and DAL win:

NO at CHI 3 and SF at DAL

If ARZ and PHI win:

SF at PHI and NO at CHI 4

So to me, the best matchup is NO in Chicago, and that would only happen in the last 2 scenarios. If all favorites win, we get SF.

A crazy scenario is if SEA somehow loses (possible but unlikely), they could drop all the way to the 5th seed (SF wins division) and would play in Chicago if Philly wins. Otherwise, we would be 6th and play NO.

Lastly, we can draw ARZ at home if ARZ and DAL win, and NO loses. That would be pretty crazy too.

Too much info! (though well presented...)

For me, I care about nothing else than the Bears winning. The rest will shake itself out.

Playoffs start on Sunday.

Go Bears! F the Pack!

:dabears

That leaves 2 games to deciding the seeding for the NFC. SEA and CAR would finish 1-2.

PHI at DAL

SF at ARZ

If SF and DAL win:

If ARZ and PHI win:

So to me, the best matchup is NO in Chicago, and that would only happen in the last 2 scenarios. If all favorites win, we get SF.

A crazy scenario is if SEA somehow loses (possible but unlikely), they could drop all the way to the 5th seed (SF wins division) and would play in Chicago if Philly wins. Otherwise, we would be 6th and play NO.

Lastly, we can draw ARZ at home if ARZ and DAL win, and NO loses. That would be pretty crazy too.

PHI at DAL

SF at ARZ

If SF and DAL win:

If ARZ and PHI win:

You've given scenarios where the Bears play SF, NO, SEA, ARZ. Ignoring the latter-most scenario because of it's unlikelihood, the team I least want to face is Seattle. Their running game would pulverize the Bears, and they have a great set of DBs which would minimize the Bears offense somewhat. Between SF and NO, I'd actually rather see SF. Their offense has been bad this year, which could even the game out some. NO, on the other hand, would absolutely pass all over the Bears, regardless of most recent history.

You've given scenarios where the Bears play SF, NO, SEA, ARZ. Ignoring the latter-most scenario because of it's unlikelihood, the team I least want to face is Seattle. Their running game would pulverize the Bears, and they have a great set of DBs which would minimize the Bears offense somewhat. Between SF and NO, I'd actually rather see SF. Their offense has been bad this year, which could even the game out some. NO, on the other hand, would absolutely pass all over the Bears, regardless of most recent history.

I don't know davey, San Fran has been playing better offensively since Crabtree came back, and they still have Frank Gore and Kaep who can run wild on the Bears if need be. I'll take my chances against the Saints outdoor in the cold all day. Brees is 2-6 in games under 40 degrees, and those 2 wins came against 4-12 teams.

Also worth noting that Cutler went off against the Saints earlier this year even though they somehow lost. Saints give up 192 ypg through the air, Jay put up 358 2 TDs no picks.

I mention it, but based on their home performance over the last few years, SEA losing 2 straight at home is the least likely scenario out of all outcomes.

For teams I would least like to face, SEA, SF and PHI are the 3 with the best running games, thus would be the toughest opponents with NO, DAL, and ARZ being the easiest opponents.