Tony Fiametta signed

madlithuanian

In one regard I get it because he's a low cost player but ???

Has he been that important to sign now rather than later? I for one would have preferred the team kept Clutts.

Probably wouldn't have mattered if they signed him now or later.

I like it. Despite what some may think the OL hasn't been that great, and Forte is awful picking up the blitz so I'd like to see the Bears use more I and split back formations where Tony is the guy picking up the blitzes

Perhaps a sign the team is planning to move on without Cutler? Think about it. Less mobile McCown, a guy Cutler hasn't hit more than once a game all season with a pass, an offensive player not named Jay gets signed up first. Could be nothing or it could be the first sign of things to come.

Because they brought back the league minimum fullback for next year at probably around the league minimum? I don't think this is any more than Emery just making sure fullback isn't ANOTHER position we need to worry about in the offseason.

:cheers

Because they brought back the league minimum fullback for next year at probably around the league minimum? I don't think this is any more than Emery just making sure fullback isn't ANOTHER position we need to worry about in the offseason.

Agreed. They appear to be addressing the lower end cost players with the "rainy day fund" left over for emergencies for this year. I believe that was how Emery explained the money anyhow. And it won't count towards the cap for next year (?).