BM says Jay will be back

scs787

“Jay will be back. Jay will be back. So all these stories for the offseason, you guys can put that at the bottom,” Marshall said.

He reiterates those statements on the Sports Sunday post game show.

Don't know if it's just a "buddy statement" or if he knows this as a fact. Both the locker room quote and the post game show quote sounded pretty confident.

“Jay will be back. Jay will be back. So all these stories for the offseason, you guys can put that at the bottom,” Marshall said.

Don't know if it's just a "buddy statement" or if he knows this as a fact. Both the locker room quote and the post game show quote sounded pretty confident.

My memory may be off, but seems like he was right about Jay coming back in two weeks for the Lions game or whatever. It very well could be inside info coming from him, even if I hope that it is not.

Marshall is not part of the brain trust at Halas hall, just a buddy routing for a buddy.

From everything i'm hearing, Jay will be coming back. I just hope Emery doesn't hurt the rest of the team by giving him record breaking money. IMO, Cutler is above average, he has never won a true big game and STILL has to prove many fans that he is 'that guy'. There are so many holes defensively on this team that makes me very worried committing the amount of cash that Jay will get this off-season.

The only good news is, we will have a good amount of cash ready to spend after the team cuts Peppers. They must spend that money wisely! More importantly, Emery needs an excellent defensive draft in 2014.

In other news-- Water is wet, the sky is blue, and Brandon Marshall supports Jay Cutler.

I expect him to either be here on a reasonable long term deal or get franchised.

I would try to get a 1st or 2nd round pick for him if possible (I'm not sure how that works, franchise tag wise). At best you franchise him and keep him for at least one more trial season to see what he can do. Draft a QB in the 2nd round for insurance in the future.

I'd look at it like a Colin Kaepernick/Alex Smith situation. Draft a QB with the intention that he's your future, but also leave yourself open to the idea of sticking with Cutler if he plays great and takes the team deep into the playoffs. It's a win/win situation.

I'm also open to the idea of just letting him go all together and taking a QB with the 14th pick. It's the most risky strategy though.

From everything i'm hearing, Jay will be coming back. I just hope Emery doesn't hurt the rest of the team by giving him record breaking money. IMO, Cutler is above average, he has never won a true big game and STILL has to prove many fans that he is 'that guy'. There are so many holes defensively on this team that makes me very worried committing the amount of cash that Jay will get this off-season.

The only good news is, we will have a good amount of cash ready to spend after the team cuts Peppers. They must spend that money wisely! More importantly, Emery needs an excellent defensive draft in 2014.

They'll put incentives in his contract that'll allow him to be paid like one of those studs if/when he proves he's one of them. I expect a big deal for Cutler but not one that breaks the bank. I think Jay wants to come back and I think Jay knows that with the Bears receivers and new O Line, he's going to continue to put up excellent numbers. if he really believes in himself, and I think that's fairly apparent, he'll have no problem with reasonable incentives.

They'll put incentives in his contract that'll allow him to be paid like one of those studs if/when he proves he's one of them. I expect a big deal for Cutler but not one that breaks the bank. I think Jay wants to come back and I think Jay knows that with the Bears receivers and new O Line, he's going to continue to put up excellent numbers. if he really believes in himself, and I think that's fairly apparent, he'll have no problem with reasonable incentives.

I agree and I see them resigning him to a deal that works for both. He's not going to get a crazy contract from us. The Bears have plenty of leverage, and the situation here is a good one for Jay withe weapons, and now a line that gives him protection. I also don't think he's an idiot and doesn't realize the D needs a lot of help this offseason and realizes that if he works out a cap friendly deal at least in the front end of the contract that the Bears can upgrade the D which in turn will help him and the offense out and help the team to be in a better position to push for a title. With our D this year it makes every miss step, or failure by the offense more magnified because every offensive possession becomes critical with a D that can't stop anyone, 3 and outs are far more disastrous, bad punts, and turnovers of any kind can be disaster and give the opponent a big momentum swing. Years past when our D was dominant we could cover for those things better. Now, anytime the offense has to leave the field without scoring brings the immediate threat of the opponent scoring. It puts the offense in a spot where they have to play nearly flawless to give us a chance to win. I'm not referring to any one game in particular but this season as a whole. If we would have had even a slightly below average D or middle of the road D this year we would have racked up a lot more wins and would be in position to make a deep push in the playoffs. Instead, had we won we'd probably have been knocked out in the first round. Changes will have to be made on D (stating the obvious I Know) but if we can improve to even an average D and the offense continues to grow, I do believe Jay can lead us to a championship. He's just an easy lightning rod in a disappointing season, partly his own doing, but the only way it can happen is if the D can be improved, and to do that Jay will have to work with the Bears on his contract if he wants to stay here.

I hope so. Im on the sign Cutler side. He didnt tear it up this year so hopefully Cutlers expectations for a contract are not too high. I really like the numbers he improved on with Trestman. I would be really excited to see Cutler in this offense for a 2nd year in a row. The Offense is only going to get better with the pieces they have in place. The offense would take a step back if they dont sign Cutler.

I hope so. Im on the sign Cutler side. He didnt tear it up this year so hopefully Cutlers expectations for a contract are not too high. I really like the numbers he improved on with Trestman. I would be really excited to see Cutler in this offense for a 2nd year in a row. The Offense is only going to get better with the pieces they have in place. The offense would take a step back if they dont sign Cutler.

Couldn't agree more. Ever since Jay has come here hes never had a good Oline and never seems to get a o cord for more than a year. That is a recipe that will stunt any QB regardless of how good he is. Jay needs the stability. Hes not the greatest QB but he is the best we've had in what 50 years. Wish I was kidding. For once we have a FO willing to provide the QB position with some real weapons and a decent oline.